U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:43 AM

7,939 posts, read 3,190,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yawns yes and I will correct you every time.
Except you never correct me. I always get the last word and you never have a defense.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:45 AM

11,978 posts, read 5,115,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When California collapses under it's estimate 600+ billion in debt and liabilities I'll remind you of this post. California has mortgaged it's children's future.

State Debt Per Capita
And the anchor babies futures too

Old 11-23-2016, 09:53 AM

32,345 posts, read 55,148,798 times
California vs. Texas, Job Creation

[MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-23-2016 at 10:57 AM..

Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Except you never correct me. I always get the last word and you never have a defense.
Hahahaha defeat does not constitute 'the last word'-fyi

Old 11-23-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
California vs. Texas, Job Creation

#die
Looks like two charts that say the same thing but proportionately reflecting their differences in population.
CA's is most likely reflecting illegal gardeners and house cleaners as employment.
You're gonna need more than that before you get cocky...#die

Old 11-23-2016, 10:05 AM

8,628 posts, read 8,527,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Ronal Reagan said if Columbus landed in California the east coast would still be a wilderness.

CA has such natural advantages that is can overcome almost any level of mismanagement. And its biggest advantage, the one that makes CA possible, the one that wouldn't exist with the current management, is the Hoover Dam. Take that away and CA is Nevada with a coast.

That's exactly why I laugh when I hear Californians squawk about secession. All we have to do is cut off the flow of water and electricity too the LA basin and it returns to it's original state...Desert chaparral. All the tree humpers that cry about the environment and have manicured lawns in Belair are Hippocratic!

Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Hahahaha defeat does not constitute 'the last word'-fyi
You always get defeated because you never bring anything substantial . You just post the same 3 out of context graphs, then stick your head back in the ground. It's because your head is in the sand that this election is so shocking to you.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:10 AM

8,036 posts, read 4,199,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
California, with its high taxes, high wages and tough regulations, has the No. 1 economy in the U.S., while two states in Trumpland (Texas and Kansas) with low taxes, low wages and few regulations are struggling.

Robert Reich (California versus Trumpland)
Didn't we already do this one??

Of course California has the largest economy in the United States!! It has the largest population by a huge margin! To be specific, it has 12 million more people living there than the second most populous state Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_population

The more relevant question is how are they doing per capita? This tells you how much

California ranks 14th nationally in per capita GDP, 3rd in median household income and 15th in per capita income. California ranks 35th in poverty rate.

Of course, cost of living in Cali eats into those high incomes pretty fast. Wasn't able to find a ranking for that though I did find this:

California is a fine state. I used to live there and I liked it. I also don't see the people of California seceding from the USA anytime soon either. They are deeply integrated into the United States and much that is in California is so very fundamentally American.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:18 AM

9,938 posts, read 8,073,510 times
A few quick notes:
1) TX /= KS
2) 10 worst unemployment states are 5 dem 5 gop
3) 10 best unemployment states are 4 dem 6 gop.
4) KS experimented in extreme tax cuts. There is a thing called moderation. Brownback has no concept of this. Main street republican business owners have been supplanted by hard core anti government types who hate all government programs except the ones they benefit from. Note taking your state into perpetual budget cuts actually deters business from locating there. Business hate taxes. They also hate instability.
5) CA has a few tiny* advantages like Pacific seaports. *sarcasm
6) If taxes were the only factor, NYC would be full of tumbleweeds, not billionaires.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
CA's is most likely reflecting illegal gardeners and house cleaners as employment.
Yawns see below

Quote:
You're gonna need more than that before you get cocky...#die
Haha my pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Times
CALIFORNIA'S UPWARD-MOBILITY MACHINE

The University of California is struggling with budget woes that have deeply affected campus life. Yet the systemís nine colleges still lead the nation in providing top-flight college education to the masses.

At many other colleges, poor and truly middle-class students remain a distinct minority. Affluent students predominate at liberal-arts colleges like Oberlin and Bates, private universities like Cornell and Texas Christian and even many public universities, including Wisconsin, Penn State and Georgia Tech. The University of California, by contrast, enrolls a large number of high-performing students of all economic backgrounds.

That contrast is the most striking result of this yearís College Access Index, a New York Times measure of economic diversity at top colleges. Six of the top seven spots in this yearís index belong to University of California campuses, with Irvine at No. 1, and the flagship Berkeley campus at No. 7...
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/17....html?referer=

California more than anywhere in the world, has brought the possibility of a world class education to all people, not just wealthy offspring of already educated and affluent parents.

This has brought immeasurable dividends to millions of immigrants and in return they have contributed to building what has become the most dynamic economy of any state.

US News & World Report
World University Ranking 2016

Texas: 2 of the Top 100 universities in the world
Rank #30 University of Texas--Austin
Rank #61 Rice

California: 11 of the Top 100 universities in the world
Rank #3 Stanford
Rank #4 UC Berkeley
Rank #5 Cal Tech
Rank #10 UCLA
Rank #15 UC San Diego
Rank #16 UC San Francisco
Rank #24 UC Santa Barbara
Rank #27 UC Santa Cruz
Rank #42 UC Davis
Rank #53 USC
Rank #65 UC Irvine

US News Best Global Universities | US News Education

Texas will NEVER, EVER, EVER be on California's level if this^ doesnt change.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies