Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 04:16 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha trashy is where the trailers are hun, and that AINT California.

"Poverty in California and Texas. Both California and Texas have official poverty rates above the national average. But, under SPM, Texas' poverty rate matches the national average while California's is the nation's highest with proportionately 47 percent more people living in poverty than in Texas and the United States"

Old 11-23-2016, 04:18 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Oh please, that looks like somewhere like Indio or Coachella. Hardly representative of the whole state. I'm in LA at the moment and it doesn't look anything like that!
They have a trailer park out in north Hollywood. Jeez stop acting as though CA isn't America too. We have out fair share of rednecks and trailer park folk too. I hate it when Californians act as though the whole state is like coastal CA.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:39 PM

This thread is so ridiculous. CA is like a really rich third world country that had tremendous growth but it's so unevenly distributed for all its calls of being progressive. It's the Brazil of the USA. Of course I don't mean it's exactly like a third world country but it's the closest thing the US has to it. I'm not talking the utterly devastated rust belt level poverty but the type of poverty you see in rich but uneven countries like Russia. Not to that extent but close enough.

And why are Californians always ragging on Texas? It's second to CA in GDP, it's the 12th largest economy in the world. It only started to develop in the last decade or so. That's impressive when CA has decades on it. Why would you be a dikc about it?

And only coastal CA is where the state looks unique and different as far as the cities. The rest of CA reminded me A LOT of Texas and the rest of the southwest. Last town I was in Atascadero, CA was a farm town FULL of good ol boys in farmer and kicker gear. It was Americana.

Most of the posters like the OP are transplant jerks who live on the coasts and think it's some grand achievement to just live in CA. Most natives I know here in CA aren't as zealous and pompous. The types like the OP can't for the life of them defend CA without bringing up and bringing down other states. You can cite to him countering stats all day, he'll still pull out the argument that he's in CA and you're in Podunk, USA, so it's pointless to debate a guy like that.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:41 PM

406 posts, read 348,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Thats what I was thinking. And Zurich, Switzerland. He might as well just have a signature that says "Hey everyone I'm riiiich!!". A drive through a CA tent city in that Bentley would be a wakeup. Might be so in shock of the poverty in some CA places that he drops his monocle and spills his fine French merlot.

And of course CA has the largest economy of any state. It has by far the largest population.
I'm sorry you're poor. I'm sure the democrats will find you some hand outs if you ask nicely.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yeah, and where do you live?

Dont get salty because you say somewhere is trashy and tthen someone replies. You brought it on yourself.
It's poor slobs being jealous.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What the heck? There are trailer parks in CA. Don't be dumb.
You think that's the dumbest thing in this thread?

How about the people implying that higher education has 0 effect on the state's economy.

Any rational governor would kill someone to have Berkeley, Stanford, Caltech, and UCLA move into their state.

Last edited by Hippityhop; 11-23-2016 at 05:16 PM..

Old 11-23-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
LOL. Touché!

Old 11-23-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:

How about the people implying that higher education has 0 effect on the state's economy.

Any rational governor would kill someone to have Berkeley, Stanford, Caltech, and UCLA move into their state.
I am all for education and think what CA did is unprecedented as far as higher education but I just don't see that as the best argument for CAs side. I mean you do have to understand that with all the issues the state has people wonder what good does it really do overall? I'm sure it does but to some ppl especially on this forum prestigious higher education is seen as a bit of a scam in terms of finding gainful employment. Bringing up the fact that CA has the best unis in the county and that other states need to catch up if they want to compete seems spurious and a bit pretentious. Seems like just the kind of argument they'd expect a yuppie liberal from
CA to bring up

Old 11-23-2016, 05:27 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you're poor. I'm sure the democrats will find you some hand outs if you ask nicely.
I think we've already hit the elitist quota for this thread, so you're a little late.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:37 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:

Yes, their denial is extremely silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies