Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 07:24 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Be specific. WHICH regulation and which tax has DEVASTATED California to the point that it is much richer than oil rich Texas? Just curious.
Energy industry and their government over usage penalty plan.

EPA's cancerous actions and state regulations that have handicapped industries much of the farming/ranch industry).

California Water Association and their attacks on the farmers and land owners near water ways.

Numerous taxes, regulations, fees (progressive car registration fees based on vehicle make, model and cost), etc... seriously pages of them.

Welfare policies and hand outs to illegals.

Allowing illegals to gain drivers licenses, hold offices in cities.

Excessive business regulations that have driven many businesses out of the state (workman's comp, minimum wage increases, license, fees, regulatory compliance, etc...)

Though you are looking for me to give the exact regulation or you will wholesale dismiss if I don't cite you bill numbers and do all the paper work right?

Sorry kid, I was there for over 30 years before I left that hell hole. I have nothing to prove to you, nor do I need to justify anything past my basic mentions of the areas and focus. You want to word smith and rules lawyer, go find some other fool who will oblige. So why don't you get to dismissing me and run along!

Old 11-23-2016, 07:32 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
California is a cyclical state tied to osciallating real-estate prices, tech etc.

Texas is at least partially tied to oil cycles.

The article is cherry picking states to compare that for various reasons are at high or low cycle points and then spoon feeding as some sort of sensible analysis to people without the education or perspective to question it.

It's basically as dishonest as Rush Limbaugh comparing California during the collapse to a state booming with oil revenue a couple years back.

OP, you really should be embarrassed for falling for this tripe.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:51 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It was Arnold Schwarzenegger who almost bankrupted CA (Republican) and it is Gerry Brown (Democrat) who is saving it.

Oh, and anyone can find things they don't like about any state if that's what they are looking for.
Lol....it's funny hearing Brown be championed for slashing the states social services as part of the efforts to balance the budget. Usually when people do stuff like that they're called racist!

Old 11-23-2016, 07:52 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha trashy is where the trailers are hun, and that AINT California.
Another liberal who only sees what he wants to see and thinks everything outside your ivory tower window represents the rest of the state.

As usual reality doesn't mater the liberal view.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:01 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Another liberal who only sees what he wants to see and thinks everything outside your ivory tower window represents the rest of the state.

As usual reality doesn't mater the liberal view.
Oh please, that looks like somewhere like Indio or Coachella. Hardly representative of the whole state. I'm in LA at the moment and it doesn't look anything like that!

Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Sorry kid, I was there for over 30 years before I left that hell hole. I have nothing to prove to you, nor do I need to justify anything past my basic mentions of the areas and focus. You want to word smith and rules lawyer, go find some other fool who will oblige. So why don't you get to dismissing me and run along!
Maybe being unwilling or unable to back up your claims works for you on some level.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:10 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
CA is increasingly becoming like a third world country. There are exceptionally affluent areas and exceptionally poor areas. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to be middle class in the state due to the rising cost of living.

To be able live a comfortable middle class life on a middle class wage in CA, people have to move to the areas that the lefties denigrate as backward, such as the Central Valley.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:47 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Piedmont demographics ...74% white, 18% Asian, 1.3% African American, 3.9% Latino. By celebrating diversity I suppose that means just Asians and whites.

Median income..$134k ..males average $100k vs $58K for females...talk about income inequality.
Haha are you saying that we should redistribute wealth? Im so proud of you.

Quote:
Sounds like a nice bubble in a state with the highest poverty rate in the nation.
California doesnt have the highest poverty rate.

California 15.3%
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/ta.../06/accessible

Florida 15.7%
Florida QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Texas 15.9%
Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Georgia 17.0%
Georgia QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

West Virginia 17.9%
West Virginia QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Mississippi 22.0%
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045214/28,00

and so on...

Nice try tho.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:50 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Says someone whose pofile lists "Piedmont, CA"
Yeah, and where do you live?

Dont get salty because you say somewhere is trashy and tthen someone replies. You brought it on yourself.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:59 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
California, with its high taxes, high wages and tough regulations, has the No. 1 economy in the U.S., while two states in Trumpland (Texas and Kansas) with low taxes, low wages and few regulations are struggling.

Robert Reich (California versus Trumpland)
When California collapses under it's estimate 600+ billion in debt and liabilities I'll remind you of this post. California has mortgaged it's children's future.

State Debt Per Capita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies