Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 07:56 AM

50,101 posts, read 46,680,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Longer than that actually. I can remember posters on here posting in gun rights threads about how it was all over for the 2A after Obamas election and how all we "gun humpers" best be ready for the feds to be "coming for us". Now, with rhetoric coming from the left like that, it's hardly surprising that people have gunned up.

Considering the decrepit state of what passes for justice these days and the growing threat of rising violence against women that many of those arming are women is hardly a surprise either. With the government wanting to let ME flea bags in by the tens of thousands and looking at what's hppened to Europe and many incidents here involving "refugees" and violence against women, women arming in increasing numbers makes perfect sense.

And it's a good thing. Those who would try and make food of our Lady folk take note, American women refuse to be your prey. Attack our ladies, and if they don't kill stone dead or permanently cripple you, rest assured we men will. Personally I am looking very forward to training more and more ladies in concealed carry and seeing many many more taking the field in the competitive arena as well.

My own dearest lady has asked me to help her join those ranks, after a lifetime of not being interested in firearms but very little. And I'm going to see she gets nothing but the best, from her firearm to her training. After what she has been through over the last couple years to see her bust out like she's doing now makes me so proud I can't accurately describe the feeling. So, here's the new American motto , "If they stand behind us we will give protection. If they stand beside us we will give respect. If they stand against us and offer us violence we will give no quarter."
True, the ill advised FAW ban was in place for 10 years and wasn't renewed because crime stats didn't change. Which makes sense because hand guns have always been the weapon of choice for scumbags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 09:05 AM

18,132 posts, read 15,540,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
True, the ill advised FAW ban was in place for 10 years and wasn't renewed because crime stats didn't change. Which makes sense because hand guns have always been the weapon of choice for scumbags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban

Lol. Nope Stats didn't change a bit did they. Silly laws banning muzzle brakes, pistol grips, barrel shrouds and other cosmetic bolt on haven't done anything to impact crime either. It is amusing to listen to the phobics rationalize such bans. The reasons they come up with.. Seriously?!

Yes, handguns are violent criminals first choice due to their concealability. And the "assault weapons" in criminal hands are the real deal. The switch has that extra little notch. Two actually. Then there's the claim that the cartels are getting these types of weapons from US sources. As if they are generally available off the shelf. The reverse is the actual case. The cartels smuggle in all manner of combat equipment from overseas and sell it to the street gangs.

Open carry has become pretty popular around here and I'm seeing a lot of it. Men and women both. If you head around 8 or so hours South of here things change some as to the outlook on being armed, but here in the North we still believe firmly in the right. And yes, more and more women, of all ages, are joining those ranks. A lady who works at the store I frequent and I became friends after she saw a shirt I have with our club/school logo on it and she struck up a shooting conversation, and there have been others as well. There seems to be a large surge in women getting involved in shooting for a lot of different reasons. Not just self defense.

Unfortunately my state is becoming more and more Californicated with a large influx of transplants, both in Vegas and in our metro areas,. Fleeing the daffyness of CA (supposedly) and dragging it all with them. With Reid vacating hopefully we can turn that back around.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:08 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,693,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
I don't blame them, in a Trump America, it is important for a woman to be armed against anyone who tries to grab her.

Especially if it is by illegal immigrants who are doing all the grabbing that Americans are too lazy to do.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:30 PM

2,309 posts, read 894,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Because he's planning to do the grabbing himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jp-PK1TihE
If they let him. Besides, this tape is from 11 years ago. Don't you think a guy can mellow over 11 years?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:31 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,811,799 times
My parents just bought guns " for protection ". I told them to use the security system the house came with or get a dog.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Is that so? Who would you say fits your description of "thug," in general?
Anyone who does crime.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
My parents just bought guns " for protection ". I told them to use the security system the house came with or get a dog.

A security system only tells you that a burglary is in progress. A dog is prone to disease, distraction (big juicy steak or scent from a female dog in heat), or being killed by the burglars via poison. Granted those things are good, but what's wrong with adding a firearm to that list? What's wrong with layering protection?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:46 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,811,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
A security system only tells you that a burglary is in progress. A dog is prone to disease, distraction (big juicy steak or scent from a female dog in heat), or being killed by the burglars via poison. Granted those things are good, but what's wrong with adding a firearm to that list? What's wrong with layering protection?
Because my parents have NO idea what they are doing with a gun. My moms idea of locking it up is putting it in a lock box. My dad waved it around like its a flag.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Totally false. Wanting stronger laws to keep guns out of the wrong hands is NOT the same as banning them, but we heard the same horse manure from the NRA and other anti-gun control groups when Obama was running for POTUS in 2008 and 2012. So, when did Obama take away all of our guns or the 10 thousand other conspiracies we heard over the past 8 years?
If that's the case then why did Hillary wanted an Australian style buy back program? Also has it ever occurred to you that Obama tried and failed to implement gun control? Also have you ever considered that maybe the left are taking a two steps forward one step back approach? Do you really think their careers would last long if they outright called for every citizen to turn in their guns? Plus they already banned certain types of weapons such as the dreaded so called assault rifle. One more question. Can you name any gun control measure that actually worked?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Because my parents have NO idea what they are doing with a gun. My moms idea of locking it up is putting it in a lock box. My dad waved it around like its a flag.
Then teach them how. By your logic no one should drive because they made mistakes when first learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies