Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:48 AM

26,931 posts, read 15,147,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post

Early to say if he "wiped it, like with a cloth".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 10:57 AM

537 posts, read 594,890 times
Quote:
Many of those aren't necessarily flip flops.

People need to realize that Trump is not an effective communicator, and as such, has problems precisely expressing his thoughts and intentions. This can lead to his statements appearing contradictory, when they may not necessarily be. And the media has a field day with his statements, and spins them in such a way that they appear even more contradictory.

That said, it's clear that Trump has backed away from some of his campaign "promises". But honestly, is this not a good thing? All the more destructive promises he seems to be backing away from. If this keeps up, Trump might actually good for this country, because many of his positions this country desperately needs (removing influence of lobbyists on the federal government, killing of TPP, restrictions on H1-B Visas, simplified tax codes). Time will tell. But I'm certainly more optimistic about a Trump presidency now than I was on 11/9.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:12 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,207,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post

People need to realize that Trump is not an effective communicator, and as such, has problems precisely expressing his thoughts and intentions. This can lead to his statements appearing contradictory, when they may not necessarily be. And the media has a field day with his statements, and spins them in such a way that they appear even more contradictory.

That said, it's clear that Trump has backed away from some of his campaign "promises". But honestly, is this not a good thing? All the more destructive promises he seems to be backing away from. If this keeps up, Trump might actually good for this country, because many of his positions this country desperately needs (removing influence of lobbyists on the federal government, killing of TPP, restrictions on H1-B Visas, simplified tax codes). Time will tell. But I'm certainly more optimistic about a Trump presidency now than I was on 11/9.

Yes, it is good that he's backed away from some of his campaign promises--although maybe he'll flip-flop back again, who knows?

Not so good that someone as inarticulate and inconsistent as Trump has been elected president.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:13 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,063,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post

Claiming poor communication skills is weak and it's not 'backing away' from promises, it's lying. You say clearly you will do one thing and then you get elected and say you will not.

First one tells a lie; then one believes it; then one becomes it.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:19 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,132,482 times
Quote:
Not so good that someone as inarticulate and inconsistent as Trump has been elected president.
Yeah, I have problems with that. I can see foreign policy rapidly becoming a mess because of all of Trump's businesses.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:28 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,708,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
List of Trump promises not kept.

- Repeal Obamacare - gone

- Charge Clinton with crimes - gone

- Torture waterboarding - gone

- Abandon International Climate Accord - gone

- Release Tax Returns - gone

The list of broken promises continues day by day.
He's still two months away from actually being President. At least give him one day in office to do all these things....sheesh!

After one day in office, you can criticize him all you want.

Rome wasn't built in one day, but it's your world you live in, so you should assume Rome was built in one day....lol.

We really do live in an impatient world. I want it, and I want it NOW!

Old 11-23-2016, 11:30 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,063,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
He's still two months away from actually being President. At least give him one day in office to do all these things....sheesh!

After one day in office, you can criticize him all you want.

Rome wasn't built in one day, but it's your world you live in, so you should assume Rome was built in one day....lol.

We really do live in an impatient world. I want it, and I want it NOW!
You make it sound like he's GOING to do those things. The part you are missing is that he is ALREADY saying he is NOT going to do those things hence the CURRENT critiques.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:36 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,457,714 times
As time goes on, and he rejects his former positions, can we say he's turning into Hillary Clinton lite? Perhaps he'll watch the "Transparent" series from Amazon and decide he's really a lesbian trapped in a man's body! Trump in a pantsuit! What more could you want?

Old 11-23-2016, 11:38 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,437,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
As time goes on, and he rejects his former positions, can we say he's turning into Hillary Clinton lite? Perhaps he'll watch the "Transparent" series from Amazon and decide he's really a lesbian trapped in a man's body! Trump in a pantsuit! What more could you want?
You think I wanted Hillary or Trump in a pantsuit?

Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 AM

39,017 posts, read 51,026,383 times
The reality is no one can do anything for the "forgotten". They are forgotten because they are losers who did nothing to help themselves while the world closed in on them. Trump gave them false hopes. Oh, if only NAFTA goes away we can get off the drugs, reject disability and food stamps, restore our families, get an education and be great again. Fools! It will be entertaining seeing them wallow in their misery while the illegals and refugees move to the rust belt, invigorate it again and take all the jobs they are too lazy to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies