U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:23 AM

1,618 posts, read 728,410 times

Advertisements

Honestly, if we plan on bringing more and more Muslims, we should be accommodating for them. The beautiful and almighty Quran preaches it! So let us not be racist bigots and allow religious freedom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:24 AM

8,199 posts, read 6,100,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I guess some people have beastophilia?
Evidently, since it is a thing.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:26 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,332,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wonder if this has anything to do with a certain well known Democrat politician being investigated for the crime?
That article was published in 2014, so unless NYT has a crystal ball, I am going to go with no.

The Times is not defending people who actually molest children and nobody, save some extreme fringe groups, is suggesting that child molestation should not be a crime. People that have these thoughts though and have not acted on them should be able to get help dealing with them without being persecuted. Do we really want to go down the road of having thought police?

Old 11-23-2016, 08:29 AM

2,226 posts, read 922,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I read the article and it is laying the groundwork for normalizing pedophilia. They are using the same argument that was used for gay rights, namely that it is a biological predisposition.
The article did not make an argument nor did it imply that having sex with children isnt a crime.

It was about people who are sexually actracted to minors and dont act on it. It argues that sexual atraction to minors is a condition that should be treated.

This could potentially prevent crimes.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:30 AM

14,155 posts, read 11,582,810 times
Oh my! Yea, that very...profound. Based in pure science and research. Undeniable. Thus there are no moral implications and therefore free of consequences. Consequences like an enraged parent putting a bullet in them or enjoying a stay in Gen pop with Bruto as a celly. Of course we are now supposed to consider cultural and religious things when looking at raping children too.

The article seems to lean toward the position that the child rapists themselves take that pedophilia is a "sexual orientation" such as being homosexual, which of course is genetic and cannot be helped. (Sigh) So we are supposed to believe that everything revolves around individual sexual proclivities and therein being as its all genetic that makes it all ok. What turns people on in a sexual way I generally don't consider to be my concern. We all have things that trip our triggers. However when those sexual "desires" cause harm to others, such as with pedophiles, then it becomes all of our concern. Pedophilia , or any rape appetites, are wrong. And illegal. End of line.

Pedophiles are rapists. End of line. That is a crime and a heinous one at that. Acting on such desires is not a disorder. It's a crime. This is the USA, not some ME theocratic armpit that condones such things because the Koran says wo.en are unclean and thus pedophilia is tacitly condoned. This disorder/mental illness/ genetic predisposition nonsense has got to stop.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:31 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,630,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
okay

Touch my nephews, you are still dead.

You would be prosecuted and demonized for taking out a "disabled" person.

The left wants pedos to be offered protected status as a disability.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:35 AM

32,992 posts, read 19,960,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
That article was published in 2014, so unless NYT has a crystal ball, I am going to go with no.

The Times is not defending people who actually molest children and nobody, save some extreme fringe groups, is suggesting that child molestation should not be a crime. People that have these thoughts though and have not acted on them should be able to get help dealing with them without being persecuted. Do we really want to go down the road of having thought police?
I think it depends.

I know for sure is that children should not be around a pedophile.

If a pedophile hasn't acted on these "thoughts", I wouldn't call him/her a criminal. But I believe these people who suffer from this condition should be living in isolation, away from kids.

I think the term "true paedophiles" is hard to define. many of whom also pose no risk to children if they haven't acted on these thoughts.. I would even argue that Many will never do so for the same reason most men don't rape adult women: they believe it's important to act ethically. Or they're simply not stupid enough to think that molesting a child is ok. But most of those will get little to no professional support, so they're on their own, essentially. That paradigm needs to change.

I am not sure professional help or will power really help in this case, I am not qualified answering all these question. But one thing I know for sure, they shouldn't be around children and children should't be around them. So it is better that they live in isolation.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:35 AM

898 posts, read 474,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There is a reason their 3rd Q earnings were down 95% in the 3rd quarter.

Wonder if this has anything to do with a certain well known Democrat politician being investigated for the crime?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/06...t-a-crime.html
Oh for goodness sakes Waldo. Did you even read the article? In sum: Pedophilia....the sexual attraction to children...is a mental disorder. But to act out on that disorder is most certainly a crime. The sexual molestation of children is a crime and should be criminally punished. The molester is 100% responsible for his actions.

How you read that article and believe the NYT is now granting persmission for all pedophiliacs to molest children is beyond me.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 AM

2,226 posts, read 922,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

So let me get this straight. Pedophilia is NOT a choice
Could anybody decide to be attractred to minors? No.

Theres clearly something wrong with the people that are.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:37 AM

5,426 posts, read 2,302,978 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgnx5KabfY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or