Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 04:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Is that a fact?

Uh huh.
That's an absolute fact. Where do you want to start?

Don't feel badly that your education left you with what amounts to grunting as a means of expressing yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 04:10 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
That's an absolute fact. Where do you want to start?
With the evidence that supports your assertion.

Quote:
Don't feel badly that your education left you with what amounts to grunting as a means of expressing yourself.
It didn't, so I won't. Thanks for your concern.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:11 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Thanks bro... You are a bro, right?
No. Again.. Really?

Old 11-23-2016, 04:12 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
according to the article

A second misconception is that pedophilia is a choice. Recent research, while often limited to sex offenders — because of the stigma of pedophilia — suggests that the disorder may have neurological origins. Pedophilia could result from a failure in the brain to identify which environmental stimuli should provoke a sexual response. M.R.I.s of sex offenders with pedophilia show fewer of the neural pathways known as white matter in their brains.

A pedophile should be held responsible for his conduct — but not for the underlying attraction. Arguing for the rights of scorned and misunderstood groups is never popular, particularly when they are associated with real harm. But the fact that pedophilia is so despised is precisely why our responses to it, in criminal justice and mental health, have been so inconsistent and counterproductive. Acknowledging that pedophiles have a mental disorder, and removing the obstacles to their coming forward and seeking help, is not only the right thing to do, but it would also advance efforts to protect children from harm.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/06...t-a-crime.html

So let me get this straight. Pedophilia is NOT a choice, if it is not a choice, does professional help really help?

If pedophilia is an illness or a condition, then I would argue the people who suffer from this condition should be quarantined or put in isolation.
Fully agree.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
It's the kind I'd like to know the answer to, please. Thanks!
To mark the stark difference between thought and action....

Please read my previous posts in this thread....

Old 11-23-2016, 04:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If the thoughts were a crime a lot of people would be in jail. No one is actually saying that.

They want to be some kind of protected class so they can be OUT as a pedo and not face discrimination or "hate" crimes.

They don't really seem to understand how horrible the idea of their child attraction is, to non-pedos. If I were an employer I would want the right not to hire a pedophile even if he or she never molested anyone.
So tell us........how do you do that now? It's OK as long as you don't know?

Old 11-23-2016, 04:21 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Does this mean that you have no proof to offer, and posted an opinion in a manner that misrepresented it as fact?
It means that your communication level is too low for this conversation.

Allow me to assist you, because my prior admonishment seems to have hit what is equivalent to a steel plate. Your request is similar to a trashman asking someone to justify the reasons for their mediation prescription. The trashman has no educational foundation to analyze the information that they receive in return. "Evidence" has a very specific meaning.

Allow me to assist you in refining your request, trashman.

What do you want proof for?

That the article, in coordination with Salon, counts as evidence against the moral high ground of the Left?

Because the existence of the articles is self evident. Do you wish me to prove that the articles exist? Or do you want proof that pedophilia and its normalization are immoral?

That you would even question this tells me that your soul is the color of mud.

Do you want "evidence" that these articles constitute a plea for a movement in public consciousness toward the Left?

Do you want proof of backroom media coordination?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JournoList

Do you want evidence that they are upset that they can't put on a sitcom called "Chester and Grace", or are you ready to admit that your low-information posts that make ill-formed demands of others are a waste of everyone's time?

Enough hoop jumping at your request, bud. Take the side-show somewhere else.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:26 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
What do you want proof for?
Your five assertions, as stated. To wit:

Quote:
This is primary evidence against the liberal assertion that they are on the correct side of history.
Quote:
This is primary evidence against the liberal assertion that they have a normal sense of morality and are the one's who should dictate the morality to the rest of us.
Quote:
It is also prima facie evidence that the Leftist media coordinates to promote social change toward the far Left.
Quote:
There's no way independent media outlets would almost simultaneously promote the insane normalizing of pedophilia, unless there was backroom coordination.
Quote:
We know that they are beside themselves because they can't simply create a sitcom called "Chester (Child molester) and Grace"; and are instead relegated to attempting to convince us of this sick view through degenerate logic.
Thanks. I look forward to seeing your reply.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:32 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
The whole idea of seeking a child for sexual gratification to me is pure evil. Say its a metal disorder ? Then treat it by chemical blindness. It's is a perversion, that needs to be stopped at all levels. It's proven it leads to physical acts, so not just fairies and unicorns flying in the inner minds. In my opinion, and I am liberal in many areas, they are reprobates ready for the death penalty. Cannot be corrected or rehabbed. Won't change my mind on this one - ever.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The whole idea of seeking a child for sexual gratification to me is pure evil. Prove its a metal disorder ? Then treat it by chemical blindness. It's is a perversion, that needs to be stopped at all levels. It's proven it leads to physical acts, so not just fairies and unicorns flying in the inner minds. In my opinion, and I liberal in many areas, they are reprobates ready for the death penalty. Cannot be corrected or rehabbed. Won't change my mind on this one - ever
Are you suggesting death penalty for pedophilia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies