U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 10:00 AM

9,443 posts, read 5,317,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Muhammad was worse than Christopher Columbus, George Washington, Hamilton, Trump, etc.
...Hitler...
All of the people you list are dead except Trump.

To learn from history and try not to repeat it is the best we can say about those figure heads that have passed away. Nothing you do or say will change history.

Now what shall we do about Trump who is still alive and yet to write history? and no.. to say you either support him or not is a Lazy exercise in reason.

That's what we should be discussing. Not which faith is better/worse.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:02 AM

931 posts, read 1,079,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Since when was pointing out that all religions have dark elements/passages and all are capable of extremism was defending a particular figurehead?
Huh?

Old 11-24-2016, 10:03 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,032,964 times
Quote:
All of the people you list are dead except Trump.

To learn from history and try not to repeat it is the best we can say about those figure heads that have passed away. Nothing you do or say will change history.

Now what shall we do about Trump who is still alive and yet to write history? and no.. to say you either support him or not is a Lazy exercise in reason.

That's what we should be discussing. Not which faith is better/worse.
Trump has not murdered anyone.

Muhammad is dead but his call to action lives on.

If my fellow Liberals understood such basic concepts the word would be a better place.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
They also have converted this thread to "one side supporting the actions/life of Muhammad" which is incorrect. The original stance was that all religions have dark elements and that literal interpretations can be dangerous.
Is that right?

Old 11-24-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Trump has not murdered anyone.

Muhammad is dead but his call to action lives on.

If my fellow Liberals understood such basic concepts the word would be a better place.
Another example of that flawed reasoning coupled with incomprehension and seeing only what you want to see.

I never said Trump is going to murder anyone nor even insinuated that he should be measured against the other figures.

I'm pretty sure you don't much understand "the word" either.

"Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. " - Leviticus

"“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” -
Gautama Buddha

Old 11-24-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Another example of that flawed reasoning coupled with incomprehension and seeing only what you want to see.

I never said Trump is going to murder anyone nor even insinuated that he should be measured against the other figures.

I'm pretty sure you don't much understand "the word" either.
LGBT, Women and Minorities are suffering around the world by the millions because of Muhammad.

Once I learned about Muhammad, everyone seems like a school boy even our Christopher Columbus.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:10 AM

Can you please point the dark activities that Christianity condones today? You ignored the hindu and buddhist question but I understand. The only way to defend islam is to tear down christianity, your college professor taught you well grasshopper

Old 11-24-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Can you please point the dark activities that Christianity condones today? You ignored the hindu and buddhist question but I understand. The only way to defend islam is to tear down christianity, your college professor taught you well grasshopper
Look at the thread... you tear down in anger towards Islam to prop up your own faith. I"ve already pointed out one dark passage in the old testament... I need not insult other Christians by going further to make my point. Obviously that hasn't held you back.

Again.... reasoning with the unreasonable. Show a sign of being reasonable and I will consider taking the discussion further.

repeating

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." -
Gautama Buddha

Old 11-24-2016, 10:26 AM

"Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him." - Muhammad
Apostasy in Islam

Old 11-24-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Look at the thread... you tear down in anger towards Islam to prop up your own faith. I"ve already pointed out one dark passage in the old testament... I need not insult other Christians by going further to make my point. Obviously that hasn't held you back.

Again.... reasoning with the unreasonable. Show a sign of being reasonable and I will consider taking the discussion further.
Are you aware of the New Testament?

Can you show me something that happened recently that was sanctioned by christians that was appalling? Is that a reasonable question?

Can you also show me something the buddhist or hinduist have done recently that was sanctioned by their religion that was appalling? Is this a reasonable question?

Pointing out "dark passages" out of the Old Testament shouldn't offend christian, maybe jews, because they should understand context

you keep going back to stories in the old testament that has nothing to do with 2016-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZk1ReriAmM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or