U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 04:45 PM

2,337 posts, read 1,403,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I have written many of the contracts used in such partnerships, and the nature of such spending is no mystery to me.

Do you understand that when the government lets private contractors bid, they are inherently committing to spend money on whichever bid wins?

It is inherently a distribution of public money. It cannot be anything else. Private corporations do not bid on government contracts unless the government actually pays the winning bid.
It depends on how the contract is written. The private entity could be asked to raise money to build the project on their own. This link explains what I'm referring to (DBFOM) FHWA Center for Innovative Finance Support: Public Private Partnerships

It seems like this model is more common in other countries than in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 05:00 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,491,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This^^^is why the USA needed Bernie...Go Bernie!!!

At least Bernie will never take his eyes off of birther boy and will watch him like a hawk.
Is this the same Bernie Sanders that supported Obama's Stimulus bill and offered his own 1 trillion infrastructure spending plan during his campaign?

THAT Bernie Sanders?

Flaming political hack and hypocrite.

Last edited by Tyster; 11-23-2016 at 05:36 PM..

Old 11-23-2016, 05:06 PM

12,773 posts, read 4,612,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Is this the same Bernie Sanders hat supported Obama's Stimulus bill and offered his own 1 trillion infrastructure spending plan during his campaign?

THAT Bernie Sanders?

There is nothing hypocritical about that. You dont make sense. Trump promises huge tax breaks for his contractor cronies and calls it infrastructure spending. Its a joke! And YOU will pay for it. Just as you'll pay for the huge tax cuts to Trump and his billionaire friends. Expect lots of new fees, tolls and huge cuts in education in the coming years.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:44 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,491,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
There is nothing hypocritical about that. You dont make sense. Trump promises huge tax breaks for his contractor cronies and calls it infrastructure spending. Its a joke! And YOU will pay for it. Just as you'll pay for the huge tax cuts to Trump and his billionaire friends. Expect lots of new fees, tolls and huge cuts in education in the coming years.
Did you just say that with a straight face?

In know you need a safe space right now, but until the sky is ACTUALLY falling I'm betting that tax cuts will help the economy. There is an established track record of it.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:47 PM

12,773 posts, read 4,612,757 times
Quote:
Did you just say that with a straight face?

In know you need a safe space right now, but until the sky is ACTUALLY falling I'm betting that tax cuts will help the economy. There is an established track record of it.
Oh yea, just endless tax cuts for the big money donors and his friends will sure trickle down to the rural working class of America! 40 years of trickle down and the people still havent had enough pain, some people just want to suffer the boot of the billionaire class some more! You are better off sending your money straight to Carl Icahn than voting for these puppets. They dont care about you, they laugh at the gullible voters.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:52 PM

39,290 posts, read 40,634,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post

As I proposed earlier I defy you to explain why you think this is a bad idea. That money is not coming back to the US under current tax laws.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:24 PM

26,295 posts, read 17,225,929 times
Quote:
Is this the same Bernie Sanders that supported Obama's Stimulus bill and offered his own 1 trillion infrastructure spending plan during his campaign?

THAT Bernie Sanders?

Please explain how these two things are the same? Even remotely...

Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 PM

5,064 posts, read 2,578,314 times
Bernie Sanders need to STHU.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:13 PM

24,675 posts, read 9,595,351 times
I thought Doofus lost his street cred when he endorsed Hill Dawg?

Old 11-23-2016, 10:23 PM

672 posts, read 643,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This^^^is why the USA needed Bernie...Go Bernie!!!

At least Bernie will never take his eyes off of birther boy and will watch him like a hawk.
Nah, I heard Clinton is going to give the lowdown on what they have on Bernie to keep herself out of pen.

Joking but,

Quote:
On May 26, 2015, Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook sent an email to campaign chairman John Podesta titled “Sanders criticism” expressing displeasure at some mild insinuations the Vermont senator had made about the Clintons’ massive wealth. Mook is the same man the Observer reports was already conspiring to rig the Democratic primary in April of 2014 by manipulating the scheduling of state primaries, as evidenced by this email, also from the Podesta leaks.
Quote:
“This isn’t in keeping w the agreement,” Mook wrote to Podesta of the supposed Sanders infraction. “Since we clearly have some leverage, would be good to flag this for him. I could send a signal via Welch–or did you establish a direct line w him?”
The aforementioned “Welch” is most likely Rep. Peter Welch, who was one of the first Democratic lawmakers to publicly endorse Sanders.
And what was this offensive “criticism” Senator Sanders leveled against Clinton that was so egregious as to warrant threatening him with whatever “leverage” they had over him?
I still want to know what that leverage was and the agreement he made with Clinton to sellout. How dirty is Bernie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or