Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 07:10 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
FNC has been around since the 90s, and right-wingers are saying all the time that FNC is the most watched broadcast news network in the US. So how does that make them "outsiders" against the "mainstream media"? Their office is in Manhattan for drying out loud! Wouldn't that make them a part of the coastal elite? At least CNN is in the South!
"Media" is short for "liberal" media.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:12 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
FOX is mainstream media, no matter how hard they want to pretend they are not.
Of course they are, but I've tried all 3 of the news cable channels myself and I like Fox the best. They really are the most fair. You might laugh, but this coming from a reformed Democrat. I've always thought they did the best job of just reporting the news. Sure they have the patriotic slant that turns certain people off but I like it myself. What is wrong with being positive on America?

Liberals are essentially a form of communists and they have always been the enemy for me. I was raised to believe communists were our enemy and I still believe that. Fox calls them out for what they are.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:20 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,292 times
I'm not American but I sometimes watch Fox News. They make me laugh.

I find it funny how Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity talk loudly over people they disagree with. They always get pissed off really easily by the liberal guests.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post

I find it funny how Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity talk loudly over people they disagree with. They always get pissed off really easily by the liberal guests.
Actually O'Reilly is pretty fair until he loses respect for what they are saying. He's a very intelligent guy. He has 4 or 5 best selling books now as well as being the top rated program on cable news.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:26 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
FOX is just trying to set themselves apart from the liberal media. Sure, they're biased towards the right, but I'd rather hear a positive spin than the doom and gloom the other channels give you.

Also, some of the personalities on the other channels just give me the creeps. Wolf Blitzer looks like the funny uncle nobody wants at family gatherings and Chris Mathews is the guy that farts at the dinner table and laughs about it.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
FOX is just trying to set themselves apart from the liberal media. Sure, they're biased towards the right, but I'd rather hear a positive spin than the doom and gloom the other channels give you.

Also, some of the personalities on the other channels just give me the creeps. Wolf Blitzer looks like the funny uncle nobody wants at family gatherings and Chris Mathews is the guy that farts at the dinner table and laughs about it.
How about Rachal Maddow. Yikes.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:09 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post

When I do watch I feel like I am watching a comedy show, an SNL skit or something. They are also very disrespectful to their 'guests,' it's like they invite them only to 'put them in their place.' It's not news, more like a dark entertainment show.

It has made people so overly paranoid and angry. The media is dangerous.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:13 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Actually O'Reilly is pretty fair until he loses respect for what they are saying. He's a very intelligent guy. He has 4 or 5 best selling books now as well as being the top rated program on cable news.
It's an entertainment show where he keeps up the drama for ratings. Obviously he is a smart guy, it has worked.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:20 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
When I do watch I feel like I am watching a comedy show, an SNL skit or something. They are also very disrespectful to their 'guests,' it's like they invite them only to 'put them in their place.' It's not news, more like a dark entertainment show.

It has made people so overly paranoid and angry. The media is dangerous.
Have you seen the interviews he's done with Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins? Hilarious.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I laugh every time golimar claims to be liberal. I haven't seen a single shred of evidence. For someone who loves to remind everyone he's a liberal, he sure is a big fan of Trump. No actual liberal is so infatuated with Trump
Exactly, it isnt the claim of being liberal itself, it is his support for certain people or ideas that are no where near liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies