Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 06:45 PM

34,257 posts, read 19,257,914 times

Advertisements

When you run the most divisive campaign in history, choose the most divisive cabinet possible, and move forward with incredibly divisive and damaging plans....making you the most unpopular presidential winner ever, and having not won the majority vote....

To then go on camera and say this:
Quote:
"It is my prayer, that on this Thanksgiving, we begin to heal our divisions and move forward as one country, strengthened by a shared purpose and very, very common resolve,"
is without a doubt one of the most hypocritical comments I have read today.

And no, your nonsense about Clinton, or who won is truly irrelevant to the topic. Thats just a distraction. You choose this. You will get ZERO assumption from me of your goodwill.

Source:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ving/94362724/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 10:06 PM

663 posts, read 494,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When you run the most divisive campaign in history, choose the most divisive cabinet possible, and move forward with incredibly divisive and damaging plans....making you the most unpopular presidential winner ever, and having not won the majority vote....

And no, your nonsense about Clinton, or who won is truly irrelevant to the topic. Thats just a distraction. You choose this. You will get ZERO assumption from me of your goodwill.

Source:
Trump calls for national healing on Thanksgiving
You knw Hillary didn't win the Majority right? Neither of them got 50%

Old 11-23-2016, 10:10 PM

8,264 posts, read 6,335,154 times
Clintons supposed popular vote is all California.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:31 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,638,205 times
Quote:

Source:
Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but the world is not all black or white. Until you are able to accept this very basic fact and learn to discern facts from media talking points, life is going to be a bitter pill for you. You've taken it upon yourself to convict Trump before the man has even taken office. You should take a deep breath, take a break from this forum, and most importantly, give Trump a chance.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:38 PM

435 posts, read 427,430 times
Quote:

Source:
Hasn't he already walked back on some of his policy statements moving towards the middle not further toward the right? Are all his cabinet choices really as "divisive as possible"? I get that some of them are divisive depending on your viewpoint, but all of them? Really?

I haven't been following Trumps actions every waking minute, but as far as I can tell he has been making some compromises and mending some fences already which is what he needs to do. He's far from perfect, but is everything he's done thus far as President elect divisive? Everything? Even this very nice Thanksgiving Day statement is now somehow a problem?

Old 11-24-2016, 01:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,815,867 times
The most divisive campaign in history was 1860, the divisive candidate was Abraham Lincoln. Upon his election we were soon engaged in civil war.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:11 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,816,672 times
The only thing divisive about Trump in my book is he may not deport all the illegals, reduce legal immigration and bar muslims and do much on trade. He might let the neo-cons have too much control.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:41 AM

30,518 posts, read 17,984,344 times
OP: get over it. Trump won and will be our next president.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:02 AM

6 posts, read 3,065 times
Trump is not a democrat but the one who will do anything and everything for trade and to secure his country.

One must never forget that he has millions worth business which is still making business and profit and hence the worth of him to run such a venture is much more than a scum-head what many feel about him.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:22 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,431,800 times
Quote:

Source:
I don't think Trump is a hypocrite (or liar) in the classic sense. What's coming out of his mouth is random, depending on his momentary mood or interest. People judge him by what he said or did 15 years ago(!)
I really think he doesn't remember, care or feels ownership of these things. 2 months into his presidency, he may embrace what Bernie, Ted Cruz, or his golf caddy stand for and won't feel any embarrassment.
He is really unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies