Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 07:06 AM

336 posts, read 378,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Major changes, yes. And there was MUCH more volatility millions of years ago, before humans could even have any kind of impact.

Look at the naturally occurring cycles in the Lawrence National Lab chart I posted. Their repetition follows a very predictable pattern. There is no current significant departure from that. In addition, note that all the IPCC's AGW-based predictive models were wrong.
Regardless of the cause, global warming is occurring and common sense dictates that we study and do what we can to prepare for it, i.e., identify where rising sea levels and changing weather patterns will cause problems for our country and do the best we can to mitigate for those problems (e.g., producing genetically modified crops that are more resilient in different climates).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 07:25 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGeek View Post
Regardless of the cause, global warming is occurring and common sense dictates that we study and do what we can to prepare for it, i.e., identify where rising sea levels and changing weather patterns will cause problems for our country and do the best we can to mitigate for those problems (e.g., producing genetically modified crops that are more resilient in different climates).
That would be a much more useful pursuit. Drop the AGW blame game; the IPCC itself has already proven that AGW is minuscule or nonexistent as all their predictive models were incorrect. Perhaps get rid of the AGW-biased junk scientists and have real scientists work on more accurate predictive models instead?

Old 11-26-2016, 07:53 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
When you study the facts and data you realize that humans have no control over temperature. So what is the real reason why the US government and other nations keep pushing it? I think it's to put enemy oil countries like those in the Middle East and Russia out of business. What do you think?
If you actually follow the money you will realize that many of the global warming scientists and movies are funded heavily by OPEC countries especially Saudi Arabia & Russia and guys like Tom Streyer, while the only countries that have drastically cut back on emissions are the European and North American countries. Ask yourself what those countries have to gain considering where the actual oil and natural resources are in the world.

Tom Streyer is a huge funder of climate change science and has made a big deal of backing politicians who fight for the environment, yet he owns a hedge fund that has increased coal production in Australia by 70%.

How much funding are climate change scientists getting if they get results that say it is real, and what happens to their careers if they say it is a hoax? Once you realize that you get paid very well to confirm climate change and destroyed saying it is a hoax you have your 2nd answer.

Then ask yourself where the government and politicians are gaining and you get your 3rd answer. Al Gore became a billionaire through climate change, the Clintons have received millions in speaking fees in the middle east.

Your 4th answer is that it allows the UN to push climate change protocols and gives them more control, pushing towards a one world government that some billionaires want including Soros and the new world order types want.

I believe that we have an affect on the environment and the climate to a point, I do not believe it is nearly what the government and others push, and I also believe that we are stupidly allowing outside concerns to pay for and control the narrative in our country that is destroying our industries while those outside concerns are capitalizing on that destruction in other parts of the world while we the US pay the price.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:17 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGeek View Post
...I believe humans are contributing to global warming, ... Bottom line, regardless of the cause, global warming is happening and we need to prepare for it, not stick our heads in the sand and pretend it isn't happening. To do otherwise is a crime against our children.
Wait a minute...

If humans are contributing to global warming, and global warming is bad, what are you doing having more children?

Old 11-26-2016, 08:35 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
When you study the facts and data you realize that humans have no control over temperature. So what is the real reason why the US government and other nations keep pushing it? I think it's to put enemy oil countries like those in the Middle East and Russia out of business. What do you think?
Well, oil isn't the only thing that contributes to climate change.

The science backing climate research is pretty solid. No, we don't "control" temperatures, but we can affect them. Releasing large quantities of greenhouse gases will affect the environment.

That said, I'm not stupid enough to deny the political aspect of this. I don't think things like a carbon tax are just and I know that various liberal parties make deals with green energy corporations, meaning corruption takes place. But Republican law makers do the same with oil companies, so their complete denial that oil affects the environment should be met by similar skepticism... but it's not. Shocker...

We should not halt the use of oil, nor should we shy away from new forms of energy. We should not set as our goal to replace oil, but rather, do research and if a viable replacement is found, so be it. Personally, I fully support the use of nuclear energy, which for some ****ty reason, the same liberals who ***** about coal are also afraid of nuclear energy. Nuclear energy is probably our best bet in terms of being both efficient and clean. It's not that there are no byproducts, but compared to oil, there's less of them, and in regards to efficiency, it ****s all over wind and solar.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Well, oil isn't the only thing that contributes to climate change.

The science backing climate research is pretty solid.
Sure doesn't look like it. The IPCC's predictive models were wrong.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:47 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
The science backing climate research is pretty solid. No, we don't "control" temperatures, but we can affect them. Releasing large quantities of greenhouse gases will affect the environment.
THE CON IS ON
Forbes Welcome
Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype

". . . the UN’s alarmist Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has had to finally admit that global temperatures have been flat for at least 16 years despite rising atmospheric CO2 levels. IPCC has also confessed that their theoretical simulation models have grossly exaggerated climate sensitivity to CO2. As a result, those social costs resulting from human-caused climate change are at least one-third less (and more likely 100 percent less) than those in the administration’s calculations."
In short, BOGUS, DECEPTIVE, and ALARMING predictions are not "science" but speculation and conjecture.

Cooking the data = real science? - NOT!
History Of NASA/NOAA Temperature Corruption | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog
German Professor: NASA Has Fiddled Climate Data On 'Unbelievable' Scale
300 Scientists Blast NOAA For Fudging 'Climate Change' Data... » Louder With Crowder
LAMAR SMITH: NOAA's climate change science fiction - Washington Times

Emails expose climate-gate?
http://www.dailywire.com/news/9767/9-things-you-need-know-about-climate-change-hoax-aaron-bandler

No global warming going on... just a giant con. Paid academics shilling for the biggest payoff in history.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Sure doesn't look like it. The IPCC's predictive models were wrong.
One organization disproves my whole points? That's really something, isn't it?

That consensus within the scientific community isn't made up. Mad made climate change is a thing. It is worth noting, that consensus doesn't necessarily agree that the Earth is ending as a result. Like I said, there is a political motivator. But the idea that humans can effect the environment should not be controversial.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
One organization disproves my whole points?
Where are the AGW predictive models which were accurate? You can't state a "feeling" and say it's science. Where are the facts? Where are the models that accurately predicted the AGW outcome?

Old 11-26-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Where are the AGW predictive models which were accurate? You can't state a "feeling" and say it's science. Where are the facts? Where are the models that accurately predicted the AGW outcome?
My argument is dependent on those things existing, so in no way would I be obligated to prove to you that these exist.

The outcome of climate change is not subject to the same consensus as the existence of climate change is. Many are uncertain what will happen and many believe it will not be a catastrophe. But, the consensus is that man made climate change is still happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies