U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 08:58 AM

21,344 posts, read 11,541,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And that's how I feel about right-wingers. Never used to feel like that, but they've become unbearable.
These things run in cycles. My opinion on liberals hasn't changed. Most of them grow up and become productive members of society. The ones who hang onto their liberalism become sad stories.

The thing I cannot get over is the fact that the Democratic Party has completely turned their backs on the working people in this country. That we have a Republican Pres-elect who is working night and day to save American Jobs from corrupt American Corporations and their greed is some kind of a bizarro world to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 09:00 AM

78,288 posts, read 33,358,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Assad and his regime are killing and destroying Syria. Assad needs to be tried for war crimes and Putin right along with him. Destroying hospitals and all the men women and children. What is wrong with leaders like this.
U.S. Military Investigates And Finds Itself Not Guilty Of War Crimes In Afghan Hospital Bombing | The Huffington Post

Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 AM

5,664 posts, read 3,176,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I went from a frown to a big grin
For the bad spot DemoncRats are in
And if you don't love it...Leave it!
You crybabies won't be missed!
You're so clever. Not clever enough, however to have left the US sometime in the last 8 years if you didn't "love" Obama. It appears that YOU'VE been a big crybaby. And now your inner dictator has eagerly emerged.

I'm not frowning. I don't have to. Because, though I'm not usually a betting girl, I'll bet any money that Trump isn't going to keep that big grin on your face for very long. Our newly elected reality TV POTUS -- and unapologetic member of the New York liberal elite -- will work his magic to further alienate blue collar AND educated middle classes, particularly those who elected him. He doesn't give a shi* about y'all, and he's going to prove that.

He can do this, because he doesn't WANT to be reelected in 4 years. He isn't interested. He'll have used the office of POTUS to have served his purposes enough by then: that is, reinforcing the Trump brand; continuing to build Trump Inc., here and abroad, in between his visits to the White House; leaving a legacy of being a resourceful, cunning BUSINESSMAN (gotta hand it to him, there. He most certainly IS); and, most important, stuffing his already overflowing pockets.

Trump cares about Trump, and only Trump. You'll figure this out soon enough. In the meantime, those of us who didn't vote for him will watch the Trump show unfold.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-25-2016 at 09:39 AM..

Old 11-25-2016, 09:46 AM

5,664 posts, read 3,176,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This past presidential elections made me have greater respect for my fellow American from all cross life regardless of class, race, religion, sex and academia. We are all American even though we are different to some capacity. Out of this election I learned that we are not equal, but are different, and being different define who we are. I live in NYC, and in this city, most people are disconnected from mainstream America. This disconnection I have discovered due to share amount of liberal educated white Midwesterners who moved to NYC city in recent years due to the dwarth of jobs in the Midwest and rustbelt. These persons live in a bubble and want to be removed from their native surroundings and bring on a sense of superiority to live in an elite city. This is how I learned that their was an urban and rural divide. I was exposed to elitism in NYC, and for me it made me have a disconnect from many liberals here in NYC. I learned that their was a major class divide. Their is hatred and bigotry only from a small group of Americans, but liberal media fanning flames that it is all over the country. Me politically I'm a populist/progressive. I sided with Bernie Sanders from the start. However even though I agreed with some of Trump's populist rhetoric, I did not vote for him. I also did not vote for Hillary, because of what she stood for her. From her corporate interests, to liberal backers, and mainly supported by liberal media.
Yep. That's always been the case in the US. Ironically, Trump personifies the big corporate interests who pay off politicians to serve themselves. He's the very same guy his supporters voted against.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:51 AM

62,745 posts, read 34,208,449 times
Quote:
How did this election change you?
It didn't change me, except I lost some faith in our democratic system when I saw FBI come in to tip the scales. That kind of thing typically happens only in 3rd world countries. It was also somewhat disappointing to see so many people fall for the pro-Trump fake news distributed by the Russians, but I guess the most disappointing part was the quality of the nominees. Horrible. We were doomed as soon as they had won the primaries and we knew one of them would win.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:51 AM

18,772 posts, read 6,777,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These things run in cycles. My opinion on liberals hasn't changed. Most of them grow up and become productive members of society. The ones who hang onto their liberalism become sad stories.

The thing I cannot get over is the fact that the Democratic Party has completely turned their backs on the working people in this country. That we have a Republican Pres-elect who is working night and day to save American Jobs from corrupt American Corporations and their greed is some kind of a bizarro world to me.
This is the biggest stereotype/misconception that really grinds my gears. How you guys on the right only act as if liberals are students or unemployed people. My dad (RIP) was a software engineer and business owner, and was a liberal til the day he died. I am a truck driver and am a liberal, just having a productive job doesn't suddenly make you conservative

Old 11-25-2016, 09:58 AM

8,006 posts, read 4,183,495 times
Didn't change much. I still have no faith in either party. I suppose this year was a huge validation of that viewpoint. The D's and R's really are nuts!!

Old 11-25-2016, 09:59 AM

1,504 posts, read 628,766 times
Even as a Canadian I felt the slight weight of oppression lifted after the election. The extreme left made me feel like I was a prisoner to political correctness. As for immigration...Here in Canada our liberal government brings in thousands of immigrants monthly. I find this no different than the problem with illegal immigration state side....the only difference is that our illegals are legal. Even our immigrants that are established do not want more people crowding them out.

It is a sad state of affairs when liberal governments flood a nation with those from other nations in hope that these new people will keep them in power.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:26 AM

10,137 posts, read 6,468,998 times
It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to see Hillary ride off into the sunset.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:43 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,695,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There should be no "beyond that". We need to stop what we are doing in Syria. Period.
Yeah I know and I agreed with you. Stop looking for a fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or