U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-27-2016, 01:43 PM
 
78,865 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15799

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We may be PARTLY at fault, but the main fault is within Syria itself.
Which is none of our business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2016, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,455 posts, read 10,399,996 times
Reputation: 20311
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These things run in cycles. My opinion on liberals hasn't changed. Most of them grow up and become productive members of society. The ones who hang onto their liberalism become sad stories.

The thing I cannot get over is the fact that the Democratic Party has completely turned their backs on the working people in this country. That we have a Republican Pres-elect who is working night and day to save American Jobs from corrupt American Corporations and their greed is some kind of a bizarro world to me.
It wasn't the Democrats who enacted policies that eliminated the concept of pensions for working class Americans, or other such benefits. And now Ryan wants to cut back social security benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 01:48 PM
 
78,865 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15799
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It wasn't the Democrats who enacted policies that eliminated the concept of pensions for working class Americans, or other such benefits. And now Ryan wants to cut back social security benefits.
The Social Security fund was raided under Clinton. I am not defending anything the (R)'s have done I'm just saying that others yards are every bit as messy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,455 posts, read 10,399,996 times
Reputation: 20311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
"Negative Trump article." Can you define this phrase please? I hear people use it all the time and I'm really not sure what it means.
Usually it involves some article or campaign commercial that uses video or quotes of...Donald Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,455 posts, read 10,399,996 times
Reputation: 20311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
...And if they released yours - which are every bit as confidential as Trump's - would that also be a "service to all Americans"?

See, the thing is, people who voted for him don't care about the minutiae of Trump's tax returns. We recognize that those who clamor for the returns never had any intention of voting for him.
We don't care about your; we don't care about his. We are interested if one of you has broken the law, but that's all.
No. We don't care about the "minutiae" in his tax returns. We care about the big stuff that he may (actually scratch may) be hiding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 01:56 PM
 
78,865 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15799
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. We don't care about the "minutiae" in his tax returns. We care about the big stuff that he may (actually scratch may) be hiding.
Stuff the IRS can't find? Are unaware of? Granted, they are inept but what exactly are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 04:01 PM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,738,397 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
...And if they released yours - which are every bit as confidential as Trump's - would that also be a "service to all Americans"?

See, the thing is, people who voted for him don't care about the minutiae of Trump's tax returns. We recognize that those who clamor for the returns never had any intention of voting for him.
We don't care about your; we don't care about his. We are interested if one of you has broken the law, but that's all.
If I were running for office, yes it would be a service to all. You should care about his tax returns. The fact that he doesn't want to release them and has lied about doing so speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 04:02 PM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,738,397 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What exactly is that going to change?
I'd like to see his business interests. It matters to all of us. If you can't figure out why that's important, I don't know what to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 04:05 PM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,738,397 times
Reputation: 16599
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Usually it involves some article or campaign commercial that uses video or quotes of...Donald Trump.
LOL Yes, true. I was curious how someone who felt this type of reporting (using quotes and video) was unfair would describe the negativity of such practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 04:15 PM
 
78,865 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Reputation: 15799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'd like to see his business interests. It matters to all of us. If you can't figure out why that's important, I don't know what to tell you.
How about telling me why I should care and how it makes him less viable than others with personal interests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top