U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 04:18 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,765,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How about telling me why I should care and how it makes him less viable than others with personal interests?
All presidential candidates should have to release their tax returns. We need to see who they are in bed with, financially and economically speaking. It matters because their relationships will and do influence their policies.

I hope this helps you understand why its so curious DJT has repeatedly refused to release his returns when it has been SOP for the better part of 50 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 04:27 PM

79,540 posts, read 33,688,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
All presidential candidates should have to release their tax returns. We need to see who they are in bed with, financially and economically speaking. It matters because their relationships will and do influence their policies.
Does this go for their charities also?

Quote:
I hope this helps you understand why its so curious DJT has repeatedly refused to release his returns when it has been SOP for the better part of 50 years.
The only thing I care about is whether the policy is good for the country or not.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:28 PM

16,477 posts, read 16,590,547 times
Change me, none.......Murrrca is still a joke and still swirling the stinky-brown-hole.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:29 PM

22,578 posts, read 10,443,524 times
Quote:
Stuff the IRS can't find? Are unaware of? Granted, they are inept but what exactly are you talking about?
I'm not necessarily talking about things which are illegal.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:33 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,765,558 times
Quote:
Does this go for their charities also?
Yes.

Quote:
The only thing I care about is whether the policy is good for the country or not.
And that is certainly your choice. I have a different opinion than you do.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:36 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,130,678 times
I gave up on the media a year ago, ESPN included.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:41 PM

6,350 posts, read 4,375,788 times
Sadly, we will never see true bi-partisanship again. Obama made sure of that. My hope? When Hillary and the looney left is done and trump is sworn in he goes after Hillary, Obama, Cheryl Mills, Huma, Bill, Chelsy and anyone else involved with the FICO foundation with a vengeance. My hope? He uses the IRS to investigate Soro's taxes and all the other left wing looneys that pump millions into hiring mentally deficient people to riot under the false premise of "free speech". I hope he directs law enforcement to use force to shutdown riots. I hope he labels BLM and other groups like them terrorist groups like they are. I hope he opens both barrels and tosses all illegals and builds a wall so long and high a jet has to climb to get over it. I hope he prosecutes any mayor that doesn't adhere to federal law buy allowing illegals to live in sanctuary cities. I hope he pulls federal funding from any state or city that chooses not to deport illegals.

The looney left has proven they are not trustworthy and it's the right verses the left. First things first, deport the millions of illegal voters to get us back to a level playing field then let the battle begin.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:46 PM

40,542 posts, read 40,030,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
For me, the biggest shock was unfair media bias. I was expecting a fair commentary on candidates & their party, criticizing them as well as giving credit where it is due. After the elections I have stopped following the big media outlets & relying more on public forums for news & general opinions. But paid trolls have already been infiltrating popular forums like reddit so not sure where we go after this for honest public opinion. Other than that, I might have lost some liberal friends but I will survive. I am sure they will come around. Didnt insult them or anything, just asked few basic questions that they agreed made a convincing case for Trump but still they hated him too much to vote for him. Overall I am happy that I might be able to save some money next year & we will be focusing on correcting domestic issues in our country.
This election cycle for me was odd, I really paid attention this go around. I too found the media bias to be astonishing at times. Totally astonishing at times. Part of the problem is that they have literally 24/7 coverage of events so a lot of time gets filled with editorial and commentary more so than straight hard journalism based reporting.

I found that this cycle was really polarizing and maybe it's always been that way, IDK. People on both sides acted very poorly but I'll say that the far far left really acted worse. I'm more of a centrist type guy but I still think objectively they were silly, the silly safe spaces and college kids literally crying on the ground in the fetal postilions. The whole therapy dog thing as well. I get people being upset and all, but we need to put on our big boy pants and pick ourselves up and accept that Trump is in the office. The best we can do is hope he does a good job. There isn't any other option really.

I didn't like either candidate, Clinton is an elitist business as usual typical political hack, Trump well, I don't even really know what to say about him. I think he's not fit for the office. He doesn't have the temperament and emotional maturity. I could go on and on, but in the vein of what I said early, he's gonna be our guy and we need to figure out a way to get behind him.

How did this cycle change me?? It made me open my eyes wider and I think I grew mentally and emotionally more because of it. Hard to explain, but I feel it has.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm not necessarily talking about things which are illegal.
OK, what kind of stuff?

Old 11-27-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

And that is certainly your choice. I have a different opinion than you do.
So if a president does a wonderful thing for the country but personally profits then that thing is bad?

If he owns stock in ACME perpetual motion machines and the government under him discovers perpetual motion thereby ending the need for oil and he profits, that is a bad thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or