U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 11:56 PM

1,189 posts, read 459,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Got me to realize you can't ever watch CNN or like channels or read articles from NY Times or like publications.

I never realized it was THAT bad.
I don't own a TV... Only go straight to Fox News for the REAL story.

The troll situation is just sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 12:43 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,140,280 times
Trump's election represents a major shift in American politics -- one that has made the traditional left vs. right ideological divide irrelevant.

This has happened because both major political parties betrayed their own voters and betrayed America as a whole.

The Republicans went along with flooding the nation with cheap legal and illegal immigrant labor -- undermining American jobs and wages -- while the Democrats went along with offshoring of blue-collar American jobs -- likewise undermining jobs and wages.

Both parties pursued a globalist elitist agenda that left most Americans in the dust. And both parties pursued a policy of perpetual pointless warfare that only served arms dealers.

So the time was ripe for a populist who would defend average Americans and demand that government serve their interests.

The two populist candidates were Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. Sanders was a weak candidate who showed his lack of sincerity when he campaigned for the globalist, war-mongering Wall Street candidate Hillary. That left Donald Trump as the only viable choice for an electorate that was ready to embrace populism. It remains to be seen whether he will actually govern as a populist.

The only thing that the election has changed for me personally is that I don't bother to read the mainstream media any more.

There wasn't even a pretense on their part of trying to be fair or objective in their reporting. And the election result has not changed that. They are hopeless.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:43 AM

26,297 posts, read 17,203,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
LOL, President Donald John Trump. (Jonathan?)

The Liberal's heads are STILL exploding.

I have never see so many people so thrilled and tickled pink about getting royally ****ed by a swindler extraordinaire. Unless of course...some are not Americans at all, but rather Russian Internet trolls.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:47 AM

11,492 posts, read 3,141,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
It made made realize that anti-intellectualism is still alive and well in America. I too am worried about the rejection of free trade. Free trade has been one of the greatest achievements of modern time. It has vastly reduced poverty rates and helped to overthrow dictators all over the world. I am more convinced than ever that we need to convince people living in the Rust Belt and Appalachia to move to economically prosperous major metropolitan areas. We are giving them false hope that industries will return to their areas. More and more jobs are being concentrated in major metropolitan areas and these people should move there. Politicians need to be honest and tell these people that there are plenty of jobs for them in Silicon Valley, Houston, New York, Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, etc. They could perform jobs currently being done by illegal immigrants and this would help solve unemployment problems and immigration issues in one swoop. This could be complementing by a surge of apartment building to lower the high cost of housing in these prosperous areas.
I moved to the Houston metro a bit over 8 years ago, and I haven't heard anyone mention the specific issue issue from your last sentence re the Houston metro. Perhaps yes re the other areas you mentioned, but the Houston metro and the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex are both surrounded by quite a bit of undeveloped land, and development costs (at least in my county ...and from what I hear in others) are lower than in urban areas along the coast of California, NYC, etc.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'd like to see his business interests. It matters to all of us. If you can't figure out why that's important, I don't know what to tell you.
He filed a huge financial disclosure of his business interests with the federal elections commission at the beginning of his campaign.

Have you read it yet?

Get back to us when you have.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Change me, none.......Murrrca is still a joke and still swirling the stinky-brown-hole.
Yeah....that's why millions of people are beating down the doors to immigrate here.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Sadly, we will never see true bi-partisanship again. Obama made sure of that. My hope? When Hillary and the looney left is done and trump is sworn in he goes after Hillary, Obama, Cheryl Mills, Huma, Bill, Chelsy and anyone else involved with the FICO foundation with a vengeance. My hope? He uses the IRS to investigate Soro's taxes and all the other left wing looneys that pump millions into hiring mentally deficient people to riot under the false premise of "free speech". I hope he directs law enforcement to use force to shutdown riots. I hope he labels BLM and other groups like them terrorist groups like they are. I hope he opens both barrels and tosses all illegals and builds a wall so long and high a jet has to climb to get over it. I hope he prosecutes any mayor that doesn't adhere to federal law buy allowing illegals to live in sanctuary cities. I hope he pulls federal funding from any state or city that chooses not to deport illegals.

The looney left has proven they are not trustworthy and it's the right verses the left. First things first, deport the millions of illegal voters to get us back to a level playing field then let the battle begin.
Excellent post!

Old 12-12-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
One, you are making assumptions based on your own thoughts regarding personal interests. Two, I'm more interested in what type of relationships he has with places like Russia and their elite.

I think presidential decisions should be 100% free of monetary influence. They should be made only for the good of the country, not with an eye to fattening one's own bank account.
If you feel that way, you should tell it to rich Democrats with business interests like the Kennedys, John Kerry, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

Just by making our nation more profitable for business in general, Trump will be helping his own company.

What do you want him to do?

Plunge us into a depression?

Old 12-12-2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
GIVE ME A BREAK. Talk about loonies!! Illegals can't vote! Do you possibly know that to vote, a person has to HAVE ID, be on the voters list, be looked at by workers at the polling place to see if they LOOK LIKE THEIR ID PHOTO.
Not true.

No one has to show photo ID when they go to vote in California.

I know, because I vote in California.

California issues drivers licenses to illegal aliens and automatically registers them to vote when they get their licenses.

They do not have to show proof of legal citizenship, and the state issues voter guides in Spanish.

The Supreme Court has ruled that states can decide if they want illegals to vote -- and California (which is run by Democrats) -- wants them to vote.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:30 AM

6,418 posts, read 3,594,290 times
That a large minority of voters are living in a fact-free zone where made-up news is sucked up like mother's milk. That the educational system is failing to produce free thinking and rational citizens. That we are dumb enough to allow a foreign government meddle and influence our presidential elections and then pretend that it didn't happen. That an archaic 18th century elitist solution to an 18th century problem still undermines democracy and the will of the people. That people who should know better make very stupid decisions for the sake of expediency. That "draining the swamp" means just about the opposite of what most people thought it meant. That bigots, misogynists and hate-mongers make up a larger share of the right-wing than previously thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or