Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 12:13 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,445 times

Advertisements

For me, the biggest shock was unfair media bias. I was expecting a fair commentary on candidates & their party, criticizing them as well as giving credit where it is due. After the elections I have stopped following the big media outlets & relying more on public forums for news & general opinions. But paid trolls have already been infiltrating popular forums like reddit so not sure where we go after this for honest public opinion. Other than that, I might have lost some liberal friends but I will survive. I am sure they will come around. Didnt insult them or anything, just asked few basic questions that they agreed made a convincing case for Trump but still they hated him too much to vote for him. Overall I am happy that I might be able to save some money next year & we will be focusing on correcting domestic issues in our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 12:15 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
I lost some friends over my views but it was for the better. They couldnt say anything to my face but a nasty worded email they seemed to have had no problem sending.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:17 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
No change. The country is still going down the toilet because half or more of Americans are worthless reprobates. And the system is still broken.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:18 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
This was the year of the angry white protectionist, both Sanders and Trump supporters.

The rejection of liberalized trade agreements is a threat to our prosperity.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:31 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
This was the year of the angry white protectionist, both Sanders and Trump supporters.

The rejection of liberalized trade agreements is a threat to our prosperity.
I came to realize that there are a lot more irrational people who believe crap like this than I originally thought.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:35 AM

1,438 posts, read 778,967 times
It made made realize that anti-intellectualism is still alive and well in America. I too am worried about the rejection of free trade. Free trade has been one of the greatest achievements of modern time. It has vastly reduced poverty rates and helped to overthrow dictators all over the world. I am more convinced than ever that we need to convince people living in the Rust Belt and Appalachia to move to economically prosperous major metropolitan areas. We are giving them false hope that industries will return to their areas. More and more jobs are being concentrated in major metropolitan areas and these people should move there. Politicians need to be honest and tell these people that there are plenty of jobs for them in Silicon Valley, Houston, New York, Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, etc. They could perform jobs currently being done by illegal immigrants and this would help solve unemployment problems and immigration issues in one swoop. This could be complementing by a surge of apartment building to lower the high cost of housing in these prosperous areas.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:33 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
I can no longer deny that America has become a nation of ignorant simpletons. That's an illusion I'll never again be able to sustain. And, I never really expected it was possible to be this ashamed of my country before.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 11-24-2016 at 03:16 AM..

Old 11-24-2016, 02:36 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I can no longer deny that America has become a nation of ignorant simpletons. That's an illusion I'll never again be able to sustain.
Yeah! Whut he said. Commies bad, Trump good. Merica!

Old 11-24-2016, 02:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
How did this election change you?

Not at all, I'm well used to the empty promises and BS of election season.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:55 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,071 times
I'm inspired by Trump's will to win and work ethic. When he had a bad week, he went out and campaigned even harder. With the media overwhelmgingly against him, hollywood, establishment Rs, and democrats all against him, he prevailed through based on pure will and faith that he could pull it off. It's ****ing inspiring!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies