Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 03:05 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
I'm inspired by Trump's will to win and work ethic. When he had a bad week, he went out and campaigned even harder. With the media overwhelmgingly against him, hollywood, establishment Rs, and democrats all against him, he prevailed through based on pure will and faith that he could pull it off. It's ****ing inspiring!!!
Same here. The energy, passion, effort and guts of Trump was something out of a hollywood movie, Rocky 1 comes to mind, for him to stay the course in the face of the most daunting odds you could ever imagine and come out on top is the most inspirational thing i've ever seen, even in the movies, Trump is real life superman to overcome all of this, the people who have hated on him from the beginning can't let go, they can't take a deep breath and say 'he's not my candidate, but wow, that was impressive' nobody is saying that from the other side, which makes it even much more impressive and inspirational.

I'm inspired, not that i wasn't inspired before, but to see what he pulled off is superhuman, amazing. I still to this day say to other trump fans 'did that really happen'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 03:29 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
I agree. It was astounding to watch. I counted him out many times, was greatly discouraged that Clinton might win. I have to agree with Conway--don't bet against Donald Trump. I have hope for our nation and our American citizens for the first time in a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
I'm inspired by Trump's will to win and work ethic. When he had a bad week, he went out and campaigned even harder. With the media overwhelmgingly against him, hollywood, establishment Rs, and democrats all against him, he prevailed through based on pure will and faith that he could pull it off. It's ****ing inspiring!!!

Old 11-24-2016, 04:06 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
I've become more cynical. People who I respected turned out in droves to vote for a man who lied to them day after day, used dangerous campaign rhetoric and whose words hurt so many others, scared them too. As another poster said, this election highlighted just how rampant anti-intellectualism is in this country. Its infuriating to me that we have so much access to information and people refuse to educate themselves. "You can lead a horse to water..."

I've lost a few friends and family members over this election. I can't stand by and do nothing when someone shows themselves to be racist fools. That is how bad things happen to good people - silence.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:12 AM

14,681 posts, read 14,645,402 times
I've become more aware, more militant. Many of us got caught slippin', and that can't happen again.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I've become more cynical. People who I respected turned out in droves to vote for a man who lied to them day after day, used dangerous campaign rhetoric and whose words hurt so many others, scared them too.
I thought we were discussing the recent election, not 2008.

Quote:
As another poster said, this election highlighted just how rampant anti-intellectualism is in this country. Its infuriating to me that we have so much access to information and people refuse to educate themselves. "You can lead a horse to water..."

I've lost a few friends and family members over this election. I can't stand by and do nothing when someone shows themselves to be racist fools. That is how bad things happen to good people - silence.
Anti-intellectualism........how do you describe someone that still supports someone that promised to get us out of the wars.....even set specific dates to have it done but instead got us into new wars?

That promised to prosecute the bankers that caused a huge mess but instead saw to their every need? That promised us no lobbyists but then filled his administration with lobbyists?

I complained about all of this.....I did not vote for Trump but if he does the above I will condemn those actions. Many who will also condemn those actions will have no standing to do so since they refused to when Obama did it all.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:19 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I thought we were discussing the recent election, not 2008.

Anti-intellectualism........how do you describe someone that still supports someone that promised to get us out of the wars.....even set specific dates to have it done but instead got us into new wars?

That promised to prosecute the bankers that caused a huge mess but instead saw to their every need? That promised us no lobbyists but then filled his administration with lobbyists?

I complained about all of this.....I did not vote for Trump but if he does the above I will condemn those actions. Many who will also condemn those actions will have no standing to do so since they refused to when Obama did it all.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving. I'm tired of arguing.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Enjoy your Thanksgiving. I'm tired of arguing.
You have no argument to stand on.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:20 AM

279 posts, read 356,458 times
No change here. My eyes were opened wider when I realized that if you have an opinion about politics, you can't discuss it without fear of someone jumping down your throat telling me I'm wrong, or worse, stupid.

People, it's how I feel. Why do you need to convince me my opinion is wrong if we don't agree?

Old 11-24-2016, 04:47 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
I went from a frown to a big grin
For the bad spot DemoncRats are in
And if you don't love it...Leave it!
You crybabies won't be missed!

Old 11-24-2016, 04:50 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycat25912 View Post
No change here. My eyes were opened wider when I realized that if you have an opinion about politics, you can't discuss it without fear of someone jumping down your throat telling me I'm wrong, or worse, stupid.

People, it's how I feel. Why do you need to convince me my opinion is wrong if we don't agree?
They are smarter than you and trying to get you to see what a hate filled bigot racist you are for voting Trump.

Can't you see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies