Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 03:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,183,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
I must admit it revived my faith that the America I grew up in & loved wasn't dead . After the last two elections I had given up hope that there was enough real Americans left to save the country . At the very least I can once again hope .
Keep up the divisive chatter. "Real Americans." What does that even mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 03:36 AM

79,903 posts, read 43,920,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about not insulting other people, calling names, being assumptive, etc.
I'll call people that want to indiscriminately kill others whatever names pop into my head and not feel a bit bad about it.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Who supports illegal immigration?

Accepting Syrian refugees has more to do treating others how you'd want to be treated in the same situation rather than being racist, in my opinion. Its the right thing to do, offering innocent people safe havens when they no longer have a home.
The right thing to do is to quit destroying their homes.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
True. If Obama wasn't trying to import Muslims, giving Ilegals amnesty, not treating police as the enemy, trading traitors for Terrorist, appointing AJs that dont belong in that job, giving record #s of Criminals pardons I would still be voting Dem every time.

If Repubs were not against Pro-choice, were less indebted to the religous right, were more welcoming to gay people, were really fiscally responsible they would get my vote every time.
Over the last eight years, its become painfully clear that there are certain people who are unable to grasp what the terms justice, equality and fair treatment mean.

People think acknowledging other religions is somehow being dismissive of Christianity. Its not.

People think giving Syrian refugees safe havens is somehow being dismissive of Americans. Its not.

People think holding police officers accountable for their actions against Americans is somehow being dismissive of all officers and what they do. Its not.

People think giving some illegal immigrants, who've proven to be productive, valuable assets to our country, a pathway to citizenship somehow dismisses the fact that Obama also has deported more illegal immigrants than any other president. It doesn't.

People think pardoning approximately 70 people makes Obama some sort of crime lover. It doesn't. Please check out pardons by FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan, Nixon and GWB.

People think issuing 240 some executive orders makes Obama some sort of dictator or tyrant. It doesn't. Please check out pardons by FDR, Wilson, Coolidge, Truman, Harding, Eisenhower, Reagan and GWB.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'll call people that want to indiscriminately kill others whatever names pop into my head and not feel a bit bad about it.
Good luck with that. Diplomacy is dead.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The right thing to do is to quit destroying their homes.
Yes and beyond that, the right thing to do is to help them and give them a safe place to live and raise their children. We are at fault for what is happening in Syria. We need to help them.

Old 11-25-2016, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Yes and beyond that, the right thing to do is to help them and give them a safe place to live and raise their children. We are at fault for what is happening in Syria. We need to help them.
There should be no "beyond that". We need to stop what we are doing in Syria. Period.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:44 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
For me, the biggest shock was unfair media bias. I was expecting a fair commentary on candidates & their party, criticizing them as well as giving credit where it is due. After the elections I have stopped following the big media outlets & relying more on public forums for news & general opinions. But paid trolls have already been infiltrating popular forums like reddit so not sure where we go after this for honest public opinion. Other than that, I might have lost some liberal friends but I will survive. I am sure they will come around. Didnt insult them or anything, just asked few basic questions that they agreed made a convincing case for Trump but still they hated him too much to vote for him. Overall I am happy that I might be able to save some money next year & we will be focusing on correcting domestic issues in our country.
This past presidential elections made me have greater respect for my fellow American from all cross life regardless of class, race, religion, sex and academia. We are all American even though we are different to some capacity. Out of this election I learned that we are not equal, but are different, and being different define who we are. I live in NYC, and in this city, most people are disconnected from mainstream America. This disconnection I have discovered due to share amount of liberal educated white Midwesterners who moved to NYC city in recent years due to the dwarth of jobs in the Midwest and rustbelt. These persons live in a bubble and want to be removed from their native surroundings and bring on a sense of superiority to live in an elite city. This is how I learned that their was an urban and rural divide. I was exposed to elitism in NYC, and for me it made me have a disconnect from many liberals here in NYC. I learned that their was a major class divide. Their is hatred and bigotry only from a small group of Americans, but liberal media fanning flames that it is all over the country. Me politically I'm a populist/progressive. I sided with Bernie Sanders from the start. However even though I agreed with some of Trump's populist rhetoric, I did not vote for him. I also did not vote for Hillary, because of what she stood for her. From her corporate interests, to liberal backers, and mainly supported by liberal media.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:50 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,831,792 times
Quote:
Yes and beyond that, the right thing to do is to help them and give them a safe place to live and raise their children. We are at fault for what is happening in Syria. We need to hel
p them.
Assad and his regime are killing and destroying Syria. Assad needs to be tried for war crimes and Putin right along with him. Destroying hospitals and all the men women and children. What is wrong with leaders like this.

The world leaders need to stop this insanity.

It's like I told my daughter, countries would not have this immigration problem; if only, they could stop the wars. People would love to stay in their homelands; but their world has been torn away from them.

Assad sits on his throne and thinks he is so right, killing his people. Just like Hitler, so full of himself, he can't see beyond his ego.

Old 11-25-2016, 08:55 AM

4,790 posts, read 5,881,290 times
I have more confidence that the neo cons will be marginalized. Their warmongering has earned us world scorn. We need to concentrate on repairing our country, and restoring national pride. Trump is not a politician, and despite his great wealth and power, many people liked his message about them. As he said "I don't have to do this, but I want to." He will go through major periods of adjustment, and so will our country. I have lost friends for my support of him over the last few months, but he was the only sensible (practical) candidate. Hillary would have allowed in more refugees, and granted blanket amnesty to millions of illegals. I'm fond of clean air, so I don't support willy nilly dirty energy plans, nor do I like the idea of starting trouble with Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies