U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 02:00 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,489,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No.

No one has went from an ambassador to the presidency. She won't be the first. Sorry.
I just want to point out to everyone that this guy is partisan, willfully ignorant, and should probably not be commentlng here amongst much more informed people.

I do not expect modertors to censor this, but support it. It is jaw dropping that he somehow missed from me and historical record that she is also a very good governor, and did not undertand the overall premise of the thread. He simply did not bother to read, and everyone can see that. I am embarrassed for him, whether he as the sense to be or not.

Cheers Detroit. Keep living in that little world you have built for yourlsef. I am sure Clinton is president there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 04:29 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,040,794 times
Haley is a boot-licking jacka$$.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:56 AM

45,659 posts, read 33,915,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
She's a foreigner who tore down Southern heritage and made them all out to be racist too.
She was born in the US.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:33 AM

45,659 posts, read 33,915,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
It's a baby-boomer, retiree state that has low crime, when compared to Florida.

It has low wage growth fueled by tourism and retirees flooding in from adjacent mid-Atlantic and Northeastern states.

Most of the job growth is in the area of CNA's and restaurant/service industry work from all the babyboomers who flock into McDonald's evey morning for an egg McMuffin and dimestore coffee.

Your state is in many ways reminiscent of Arizona...and im not just talking about the Graham/walnuts McCain connection.

Also.....I never mentioned her in the context of your state....only that she is a mainstream Republican
Volvo, now owned by a Chinese Company, broke ground last year on the first Volvo plant in the US. It is expected to employ 2000 over the next decade and 4000 longer term. Whomever was elected POTUS this year, would be expected to take credit for the job creation.

Minimum wage is $7.25. SC is a Right to Work state the lowest union participation rates in the US which is a huge advantage over other states. There is easy access to the port for exports. It's a winning combination to attract manufacturing from other states and foreign investment.

The state is creating an interchange on an Interstate Hwy and threw in some tax abatement goodies to secur the deal with Volvo.

Volvo will not be strapped by funding obligations to legacy pensions, like their US competition.

A Chinese expat community is growing in SC.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:12 AM

62,728 posts, read 34,194,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Trump Blunts Critics With Nikki Haley Appointment | RealClearPolitics

I see immediately where this is going. Republican voters generally prefer governors (although this sure was a change up) because of chief executive experience. The knock againt this is that they have no foreign experience.

Here is a very successful and likable governor who wil now have a wealth of foreign policy experience.

If you want to know who the first woman president will be, I think you know now. And I would not be surprised if Trump declines a second term and she runs in for years.

Mark this thread and bump it in four.
If that was the case, then why such meaningless position?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:14 AM

33,031 posts, read 19,983,761 times
I don't like Haley, but oh well. Doesn't matter what I think anyway.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:17 AM

9,393 posts, read 7,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Dude...early presidents are a whole different story. Obviously I'm talking about the modern era. And no president in the modern era has walked from the UN directly into the White House. HW Bush was a veep before becoming the president. Hell, it's extremely hard to go from the House and Senate into the White House, let alone from the UN.

LOL@ dude comparing Haley's situation to Martin Van Buren. Get a grip. SMH
Yes, the founding father George HW Bush.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:30 AM

9,393 posts, read 7,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Volvo, now owned by a Chinese Company, broke ground last year on the first Volvo plant in the US. It is expected to employ 2000 over the next decade and 4000 longer term. Whomever was elected POTUS this year, would be expected to take credit for the job creation.

Minimum wage is $7.25. SC is a Right to Work state the lowest union participation rates in the US which is a huge advantage over other states. There is easy access to the port for exports. It's a winning combination to attract manufacturing from other states and foreign investment.

The state is creating an interchange on an Interstate Hwy and threw in some tax abatement goodies to secur the deal with Volvo.

Volvo will not be strapped by funding obligations to legacy pensions, like their US competition.

A Chinese expat community is growing in SC.

They've also built an inland port just off grounds of the GSP airport in the upstate. More for BMW, but will be very useful to Volvo as well.

A point of clarification.. It will be the first CAR manufacturing plant in the US for Volvo.. Volvo Trucks/Heavy Equipment have been built here for a while. I don't think Volvo cars and Volvo trucks are related companies anymore, but..

I also thought.. And I may be wrong about this.. They might have a parts manufacturing plant somewhere down around the Chattanooga, TN/Birmingham, AL area.

I know Honda has a transmission plant right across the AL/GA border.. I think VW is in Chattanooga, Kia perhaps? And Honda(?) is in Birmingham.

There's ass-loads of Germans around here. Koreans, also.. Because Samsung built here about 8 years ago. I tend to see alot of the Germans taking in the hockey games and the Koreans at the baseball games.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:01 AM

7,914 posts, read 3,159,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't like Haley, but oh well. Doesn't matter what I think anyway.
How do all these out of state foreigners even know who Nikki Haley is enough to have an opinion?

Old 11-25-2016, 11:03 AM

7,914 posts, read 3,159,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Haley is a boot-licking jacka$$.
Please elaborate?
Oh wait, you don't even really know who she is....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or