Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should CA secede?
Yes 103 53.93%
No 88 46.07%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 05:12 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Which is why I posted this so flippantly. It needs to be drilled into their thick, indoctrinated heads:

Just so we're clear:

1. You dont bail us out-EVER. EVER You wish. As if.

2. We bail out a bunch of red states-ALWAYS.

3. 90% of California's water comes from in-state sources.

4. California(and the Northeast) is what makes the US economically and culturally relevant in the world. Get over it.

5. We like helping poor, sick, elderly, young, disabled people-and we pay for it all with our money. Dont like it? Too bad.

6. Undocumented Residents that are non-felons are OFF LIMITS-Dont test us.

7. Our strict environmental laws are OFF LIMITS-Dont test us.

etc
Federal tax dollars don't go to California every time a mudslide happens and Californians living on the sides of those hills lose their houses?

It's pretty hillbilly to rebuild homes right again on the side of hills in California. But then people in California are kind of urban hillbilly aren't they?

Forest fires, earth quakes, mud slides. It would be great if California were an independent country and paid for all its own disaster relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
When I read about Calexit, my thought was the same as yours, let the entire West Coast secede, including Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, California, and maybe the adjoining state of Nevada, which went blue this past election. What should it be called? WEXIT or WESTEXIT?

Alaska, which has been very red, could be invited to join, perhaps, otherwise, they can go really red, as in "I can see Russia from my house."

On the other hand, I used to subscribe to a magazine called Coastal Living, and other blue or purple coastal states (Maine is considered to be purple ) on the East Coast could join in the secession, if they choose. So CEXIT? COASTAL-EXIT?

Or maybe all blue states? BLEXIT?

If we seceded, we'd likely succeed in getting some more auto manufacturing back, in my opinion.

(OK, I really don't want to secede, but my CIVIL WAR ANCESTORS did in fact whoop the rumps of those who did not want to abolish slavery and likewise, we would do the same to those who now raise their arms and salute "HAIL TRUMP!").
Most your racist hate groups are located in California, New York-New Jersey region, and the South including Texas.

It wasn't your ancestors the whooped the South it was mine (German-American side) and when several years ago, the State of Tennessee requested Wisconsin return a State flag Wisconsin troops captured in the Civil War, the official reply from Wisconsin was this: "What was taken in blood shall not be surrendered in diplomacy."

Old 11-25-2016, 05:41 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Please leave California! I won't miss you. You're a disgrace to the rest of the United States.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:49 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
I wonder how many of the yes votes are from Calif residents? Many out of staters hate California because we have it all here.
The only bad parts of Calif are Hollywood and the bay area, the rest are good solid republicans with good sense, don't judge us all by the insane liberals...

Old 11-25-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I wonder how many of the yes votes are from Calif residents? Many out of staters hate California because we have it all here.
The only bad parts of Calif are Hollywood and the bay area, the rest are good solid republicans with good sense, don't judge us all by the insane liberals...
I'll give California this, you can go skiing one day and surfing the next.

Actually, California is endowed with its own naturally beauty, hospitable climate, and has award winning vineyards.

But can someone unscrew LA and that massive urban sprawl of uninspiring sight? I'm trying to figure out how the Angelenos took a naturally beautiful area and made it ugly.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:30 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
I guess the reason for the elimination of California and its 40 million residents is to strive for a totally Republican America.Dems and repubs serve as a balance to American society denying one side or the other to not go to extremes of its core values. A totally Republican America would look like this=
What kind of society do Republicans want? It looks like social Darwinism. - CSMonitor.com
A very dreary place for all but the uber rich.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:45 AM

163 posts, read 130,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I guess the reason for the elimination of California and its 40 million residents is to strive for a totally Republican America.Dems and repubs serve as a balance to American society denying one side or the other to not go to extremes of its core values. A totally Republican America would look like this=
What kind of society do Republicans want? It looks like social Darwinism. - CSMonitor.com
A very dreary place for all but the uber rich.
Highly ironic you post that link because most blue places, already are like that.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:20 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Just remember, about 46% of the state of California is federal land and that won't go with them. They will lose 245,000 federal government civilian jobs plus 168,820 active military jobs. Those numbers are as of 2013.

Here

And of course for those left behind in all of the other states 55 Democrat electoral college votes, disappear with California plus 2 Democrat Senators.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:39 PM

501 posts, read 361,784 times
The active military jobs are almost entirely Republicans so putting them out of work is no biggie.

As for federal government civilian jobs, you have to take into account what those workers are doing. Are they servicing the citizens of the state or outside of the state, and so on.

As a former Californian i voted yes. I think all cities nationwide that voted Clinton (which is nearly all of them) should be allowed to "join up" with the new California country too.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:46 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
I actually wish NY would too. Then Trump would have to go home to a Foreign Country. Would he still even be considered a US Citizen? Poetic Justice for The Donald and his supporters.

Come on, you HATED NYC before your Grand Leader. What hypocrites. No, darlings, NYC alone was not mathematically possible to give Hillary the win in all of NYS: the suburbs and big cities upstate were also needed. Tough, Trump supporters. Must be all those illegals up in Syracuse and Rochester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies