Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 11:25 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Why would I care if people dislike trump? He's a politician. Plus, any leftist tears and gnashing of teeth is like a blessing from heaven.
You may care when your medicare is taken away. What will you do then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 11:26 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I care about the working class paying their fair share. The millionaires don't care about paying their share. They have loop holes to avoid it. You seem to be ok with this. Sorry, I don't.
The loop holes are there for a reason. Mortgage interest deduction? The Feds want you to be a home owner. Electric car tax credit? The Feds want you to buy an electric car.
Business loss deduction? They want you to stay in business and continue investing in the economy.

Like it or not, people are employed by billionaires and they contribute a lot of investment capital that companies use to grow and employ more people, and even bring in more foreign capital.
While it's fun to complain about all those loopholes, truth is without them they'd just take their wealth elsewhere. Fair or not, it benefits everybody.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:26 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
You may care when your medicare is taken away. What will you do then.
Nothing since I'm not eligible for Medicare for 30+ years.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:34 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Sorry, you are wrong. We all pay taxes. He hasn't for years. Why hasn't he shown his tax payments which all president elects do.
I'm not wrong. You obviously don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Your statement above is a generalization. I gave specifics. Tell me, SPECIFICALLY, what I wrote that was incorrect. You can't, because what I wrote IS correct, and it also doesn't sound as though you comprehend the subject matter either. Showing your tax RETURNS (RETURNS, not PAYMENTS) has been a CUSTOM among CANDIDATES for a number of years. However, it is NOT a REQUIREMENT re running for POTUS.

If Trump had any DELINQUENT taxes that he OWED, it certainly would have come out in the election. The IRS didn't leave Catherine Engelbrecht (co-founder of True the Vote) alone....they certainly wouldn't have left Trump alone.

Again....the flap/hullaballoo about Trump not paying INCOME taxes (NOT other types of taxes, INCOME taxes) for nearly 20 years came from NY State documents that leaked out showing that Trump had a LEGAL 900 + million dollar write off that continued to offset any INCOME TAX liabilities for almost 20 years. The MSM outlets that published this did NOT assert that there were any monies that Trump owed that he failed to pay re this. They banked on the assumption that many within the general public wouldn't understand what I just explained in this paragraph and would instead condemn him re what they were publishing. Trump didn't help himself...public relations wise...re this by saying that he was "smart" for doing this. He was smart for doing it, but that comment still rubbed some people the wrong way/p***ed some people off.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
If this is who you want as president....who boasts about not paying taxes then so be it. I want a president who wants to help the poor and the middle class.
Trump's doing your first sentence doesn't mean he doesn't also want to do your second sentence. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:55 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
And you think a millionaire like Trump cares. Of course not. He wanted to win because of his ego. He told you whatever you wanted to hear and you fell for it.
I'm actually banking on his ego. The sense of achievement doesn't stop because you made POTUS....now you need a good legacy. Nobody wants to go down in history as a terrible president. Trump's entire brand is now at stake here.
If he fails as president, it's quite possible it would actually cost him financially as well.
Not to mention he's spend millions of his own money to get here in the first place.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:06 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Trump did win around 46%, but Clinton did not get a majority of the popular votes cast either. (I voted for Stein).

The thing is though, the Republicans have a majority of the seats in the House and the Senate, and they will get more seats in the 2018 mid-term elections. Trump will nominate, and the Senate will confirm the next Supreme Court justice giving the court a 5-4 conservative lean. From what I've read, it seems that Trump may not consider running for a second term. If so, given the mood of the majority of current voters, who could the Democrats run that could win more votes in areas in addition to New York City and Los Angeles?
That certainly isn't a given, it could go the other way depending on what Trump has or hasn't accomplished.

One example, if Trump allows Ryan to gut Medicare, seniors and their children won't be happy when The Voucher falls short on the open market and prices seniors out of affordable healthcare. When that reality slaps them in the face, they won't be happy and Republicans up for reelection in 2018 could find themselves out in the cold.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:12 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
that's what the fascist liberals have been doing to the middle class for the last 40 years
What are Fascist liberals?

How are "fascist liberals" hurting the middle class?

Please explain what you mean.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Lol..How old are you? You obviously weren't around for Romney's 47% speech.
He doesn't need to show you his tax returns. The only people that need to see yours or anyone's tax returns is the IRS. He has stake in like 500 different companies. You wouldn't even know how to read his returns if he did show them to you.
It came out in the news the other day that his last known filed return was over 12,000 pages. What would he have to gain by releasing them? Nothing. Anyone who would consider voting for him doesn't care. All releasing them would accomplish would be to give progressive news outlets fodder for exploitation. With so many people not understanding the carryover on the 900 million dollar + write off, any 12,000 + page return might be a veritable treasure trove that such progressive news outlets could mine for incorrect but successful demonization that many would swallow hook, line, and sinker.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:16 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
All you're doing is proving that you, and your liberal cohorts, still don't get it. Very few people love Trump. People hated Hillary. There are vastly more people who voted against Hillary than voted for Trump, you Hillary lovers just can't seem to grasp that. Most who aren't rabidly far left, you know, like Seattle voters, are willing to give Trump a chance or at least not call him a failure before he's even inaugurated.

No, I can't.

I put more weight on party platform than I do on the person running for President.

As a Democrat, why would I vote for a Republican who is going to work to implement party policies I am against?

It's like rooting for the other team just because you don't like the coach......I will never understand it.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies