Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 04:11 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Just determined by race?
Yep. He's pissed at fellow black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 04:12 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
You, ma'am are positively correct. Critical thinking skills are lacking amongst the left. But, but, but, they blubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Not a "% of the country".....a percentage of the people who voted in this election, which is a subset of registered voters, which is a subset of adults who are eligible to vote, which is a subset "of the country".

Old 11-24-2016, 04:24 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Easier said than backed up. Back up your skepticism about the quality of President-elect Trump's picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
You are joking, right?

Last edited by earthlyfather; 11-24-2016 at 04:32 PM..

Old 11-24-2016, 04:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
I didn't scream fraud at all. My point is, Trump supporters are thrilled now but they will grow weary when Trump inevitably is hammered by over half the country. He only won 46.6% of the vote and people are well aware going in that a larger portion (over 2 million and more votes to count) did not want him so it only exacerbates the issue.
Bill Clinton only got 43% of the vote in 1992.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:44 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
For like the millionth time.....

The popular vote is irrelevant.

If we elected by popular vote, both candidates would have run completely different campaigns....different issues and in different states and who knows what the outcome would have been then?

So......face it Lefties:

Nobody cares about the popular vote.
Hell, even you wouldn't care if Hillary had won the electoral and lost the popular, so quit acting like it gives you any kind of moral high ground.

It doesn't....... you lost.

End of story.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what is incoherent about it. The poster said it wasn't over half, I showed that the latest percentages show Trump won only 46.6%
No, you didn't. Look at your post #15 on the thread again. You wrote "The 46.6% of the country that did not vote for Trump is by the numbers".

You can babble, as you did, that the vote is the only prediction we can go by, but no predictions need to be made in this case. Voting has already occurred. A statement is either true or it isn't. Saying Trump has 46.6% of the votes counted so far is a true statement. A statement that '46.6% of counted votes = 46.6% "of the country"....' is not a true statement.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:47 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
More people may warm up to him if he does a decent job.
That's a pipe dream. It ain't gonna happen.

Whenever you put a nonpolitician into a political job, particularly the top political job, they crash and burn. Happens every time.

How much money is the Trump family going to make off this move before the stupid voters who voted for him will admit they were wrong?

Old 11-24-2016, 04:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
I don't think Trump actually has a political philosophy though he did run as a bit of a paleoconservative this time. I suspect he will move toward the middle figuring he can take conservative votes for granted.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Trump did win around 46%, but Clinton did not get a majority of the popular votes cast either. (I voted for Stein).

The thing is though, the Republicans have a majority of the seats in the House and the Senate, and they will get more seats in the 2018 mid-term elections. Trump will nominate, and the Senate will confirm the next Supreme Court justice giving the court a 5-4 conservative lean. From what I've read, it seems that Trump may not consider running for a second term. If so, given the mood of the majority of current voters, who could the Democrats run that could win more votes in areas in addition to New York City and Los Angeles?
I didn't vote for Trump either, but if I like his first term SCOTUS pick/picks, the opposition does worse or no better than expected in the midterms, and the things he has done seem to indicate that he is a significant favorite re re-election...I hope he doesn't fold up after one term because I'd like another four years of potential for SCOTUS picks that I like, should there be any openings.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:09 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
The popular vote is the only actual measure you can base predictions on. You cannot say over half the country supports Trump when they were not even motivated to vote for him. By actual counted votes, Trump was outnumbered by Clinton, Stein, Johnson and McMullin voters with Clinton totals far surpassing Trump's and the sum total already 53.4 against Trump with more liberal areas yet to be counted - so his percentage likely decreasing from there.
You just moved the goal posts. You were talking about not liking trump and have now flipped it around to supporting trump once people pointed out that not everyone votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies