Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:24 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't know about that. Just have to keep on Sammy's good side via his rules and you'll be permitted to carry.
That's the thing-you have to be a law abiding citizen to legally purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer (which is what the thread was about BTW). Been out looting, rioting, smashing cars, blocking traffic, etc, etc? And been arrested for it? Been convicted? Guess what? There goes your right to buy a firearm. Let alone if you smoke weed.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what the poster I replied to meant by a "black nationalist type". I think of your average BLM dipweed that has done those things. Could well be something else. I'm sure that the vast majority of blacks, like whites, have no criminal record and can legally possess a firearm. BLM idiots make up a small portion of the black population, just like KKK idiots make up a very small portion of the white one.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:47 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
But you always need to run it thru dd's filter...being the national spokesman for black people and all.

I'm getting that same vibe. Right down to issuing challenge to initiate armed confrontation. The threats are not so veiled either. I'm finding the rhetoric hard to swallow. As a firearms owner who carries, one thing I assiduously avoid is confrontation of any kind. Initiating confrontation, even hinting at it while I am in public while armed, just isn't going to happen.

A flippant attitude about armed confrontation makes my Spidey sense tingle. Armed confrontation is not a joke. All I can say is that I fervently hope that the designated spokesman here does not, in reality, speak for all those claimed to be represented. If indeed that mindset is as prevalent among so large a group of people as claimed there is truly a dangerous situation cooking out there in the wild world.

That's not a pleasant thought.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:06 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
The last time I re-upped my CCW every other person in the waiting room was a minority. So I think this has become very common and it's totally legit.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:25 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The last time I re-upped my CCW every other person in the waiting room was a minority. So I think this has become very common and it's totally legit.
It is a good thing that more law-abiding citizens of all races, ethnicities, & genders are exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.
I hope they are also getting the proper training to help them exercise that right safely & proficiently.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:32 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
It is a good thing that more law-abiding citizens of all races, ethnicities, & genders are exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.
I hope they are also getting the proper training to help them exercise that right safely & proficiently.
Yep.

It's also just a simple matter of demographics. It's natural that a lot more minorities are arming up.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:01 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Since you didn't define "fellow traveler", I wrongly assumed that you meant conservative.

I know of nobody who has advocated a "ban".
Of course you don't, liberals always trot out that lie when the subject comes up. "no one wants to take away guns". No one except leading liberal democrat politicians and their sycophant supporters.

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it." - Senator Feinstein (D)

The only difference between then and now is liberals aren't honest about their agenda anymore.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:50 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That ain't why they're buying those guns.

YOU are the reason they're buying the guns. Lol...now you know.
LOL.. This takes the cake as the funny post in a while... Hahaha...

Old 11-30-2016, 10:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm getting that same vibe. Right down to issuing challenge to initiate armed confrontation. The threats are not so veiled either. I'm finding the rhetoric hard to swallow. As a firearms owner who carries, one thing I assiduously avoid is confrontation of any kind. Initiating confrontation, even hinting at it while I am in public while armed, just isn't going to happen.

A flippant attitude about armed confrontation makes my Spidey sense tingle. Armed confrontation is not a joke. All I can say is that I fervently hope that the designated spokesman here does not, in reality, speak for all those claimed to be represented. If indeed that mindset is as prevalent among so large a group of people as claimed there is truly a dangerous situation cooking out there in the wild world.

That's not a pleasant thought.
Racist SJWs don't respect non-aggression or the responsibility of self-control (hence their love of collectivism).

I had another self-identified black poster tell me the mere purchase of a gun qualified as a "violent act". Really. Repeat: really.

These people are fringe IMO. I hope so or else we're all doomed.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Anything that gets people to take more of an interest in their gun rights is a good thing. Even if it's minorities believing the outrageous lies from Democrats that Trump is a racist and is out to get them. If the fact that Trump got elected gives them more of an appreciation for their Second Amendment rights, it's still a net positive in the end.

Democrats, in their quest to erase the Second Amendment and win elections by fueling the flames of identity politics, have done more for the gun industry in the last few years than the NRA ever could have. Talk about your all time backfires.
Democrats dont have a problem with gun ownership, we have a problem with people being able to freely purchase weapons with fake names or at gun shows with no records of sales and then those guns falling into the hands of criminals.

You can say all you want that Democrats are going about it the wrong way, but the fact that choose to demonize Democrats and outright lie about their reasoning is part of the reason this nation is so divided.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:37 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Democrats dont have a problem with gun ownership, we have a problem with people being able to freely purchase weapons with fake names or at gun shows with no records of sales and then those guns falling into the hands of criminals.

You can say all you want that Democrats are going about it the wrong way, but the fact that choose to demonize Democrats and outright lie about their reasoning is part of the reason this nation is so divided.
I've never generalized Democrats as the ban happy bunch. But said bunch does vote that way. And nobody can purchase a firearm from a dealer under a fake name gun show or otherwise. All purchases are run through NCIC., and valid ID is required. Nothing "freely" about it. And that BC is a nationwide policy. It's in place and it works.

Also, far more guns get into criminal hands via weapons stolen from the government than from civilians. WAY more. And the government does NOT want people knowing just how many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies