Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 10:03 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
She's wildly popular, brilliant, a prolific strategist...After, the 4 (or 8) years, I think this lady could the next president. Now, I know some of the Old Timers on CD might have a problem but, to be honest, when do they not? For all of the rational folk (under 40), Michelle Obama looks like a real contender...

Michelle Obama responds to someone asking her to run for president in 2020 - CBS News
She's not a politician! She doesn't want to run! How many times does she have to let that be known? Would YOU, if you were in her shoes? She has endured 8 years of something she didn't want, for Obama's sake. Now she can have a private life and live life as a wealthy famous person, wearing beautiful clothes, vacationing, working on pet projects, continuing to be a mom and wife, vacationing, giving speeches. She's got it made. Why on earth would she give all that up to hit the campaign trail for 2 years, being attacked the whole time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 11:33 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not really onboard with her and her husbands politics, but if it had been her and Trump instead of Clinton, I might have voted for her. I didn't vote for trump or Clinton. I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger, but I lean republican to a minor degree, but Trump is a psychopath and I hope he doesn't screw things up too badly, but whatever.

Michelle seems like a truly decent person. In my humble.
You lean republican to a minor degree and are considering Michelle Obama for president. Now that makes sense!

Old 11-26-2016, 12:02 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
You lean republican to a minor degree and are considering Michelle Obama for president. Now that makes sense!
Did you see the part where I wasn't happy with a man that is clearly a narcissist among other things. Did your really not read that part or did your partisan politics brain see the keywords and you sheepled out like most typical idealogs do????? LOL... Think for yourself and outside the damn box already.

I clearly said that I didn't like her politics..... I just don't think Trump is a viable candidate.

What is it with the forum. People seem to lack reading comprehension skills.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:17 AM

1,147 posts, read 717,981 times
She's too smart to be a successful politician in America.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:20 AM

772 posts, read 390,477 times
In what country?

She is not as popular as you think. If you base your information on the pollisters, remember how wrong they were about the election.

Obama has no qualifications. other than she's married to Barack.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:30 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
She's not a politician!
Didn't stop Trump

Old 11-26-2016, 04:30 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Uh, sorry "Grumpy Old Man", but President Obama has been wonderful president. Michelle has been a wonderful First Lady. Their children have been wonderful First Daughters and their grandmother a fabulous First Grandma. Collectively, they elevated the office after the disastrous Bush Era. Furthermore, the Obama Administration stabilized the American economy (from the auto industry to Wall Street), reestablished diplomatic relations within the international community (including Cuba), nominated the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice (Sonia Sotomayor), crafted ACA (which, apparently, Donald Trump now sorta likes)... Yes, even with the "do nothing" Congress, and hostility from obstructionists, the Obama Administration accomplished a lot. When you add the grace under pressure that both The President and Mrs. Obama both exhibited, it explains why they're both so popular: The majority of the American people liked this president and his family, which is why they elected him twice (that's the electoral college and the popular vote).

All that, and gas is under $2.50 a gal...Quite frankly (neo-liberal market globalist or not), if it weren't for term limits, that man would be in the WH for a third term. Something tells me Michelle would be even better...Which is why I hope she changes her mind about running in a few years.

I agree the economy has been stabilized.

In the old days we just called it stagnation.

The $2/gal gasoline is due to the fracking hammer we now hold over OPEC's head.

Thank you President GW Bush and VP Cheney for the 2005 Energy Policy Act!

https://www.epa.gov/hydraulicfracturing

Old 11-26-2016, 05:37 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
She's not a politician! She doesn't want to run! How many times does she have to let that be known? Would YOU, if you were in her shoes? She has endured 8 years of something she didn't want, for Obama's sake. Now she can have a private life and live life as a wealthy famous person, wearing beautiful clothes, vacationing, working on pet projects, continuing to be a mom and wife, vacationing, giving speeches. She's got it made. Why on earth would she give all that up to hit the campaign trail for 2 years, being attacked the whole time?
Yeah poor Michelle being forced to live in the limelight at the expense of the taxpayers (oh and all those dreadful vacations). Crocodile tears for her

She looks as angry and ungrateful as that other despicble creature Hillary.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
She's wildly popular, brilliant, a prolific strategist...After, the 4 (or 8) years, I think this lady could the next president. Now, I know some of the Old Timers on CD might have a problem but, to be honest, when do they not? For all of the rational folk (under 40), Michelle Obama looks like a real contender...
Michelle Obama responds to someone asking her to run for president in 2020 - CBS News
Surely you jest, never happen.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Uh, sorry "Grumpy Old Man", but President Obama has been wonderful president. Michelle has been a wonderful First Lady. Their children have been wonderful First Daughters and their grandmother a fabulous First Grandma. Collectively, they elevated the office after the disastrous Bush Era. Furthermore, the Obama Administration stabilized the American economy (from the auto industry to Wall Street), reestablished diplomatic relations within the international community (including Cuba), nominated the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice (Sonia Sotomayor), crafted ACA (which, apparently, Donald Trump now sorta likes)... Yes, even with the "do nothing" Congress, and hostility from obstructionists, the Obama Administration accomplished a lot. When you add the grace under pressure that both The President and Mrs. Obama both exhibited, it explains why they're both so popular: The majority of the American people liked this president and his family, which is why they elected him twice (that's the electoral college and the popular vote).

All that, and gas is under $2.50 a gal...Quite frankly (neo-liberal market globalist or not), if it weren't for term limits, that man would be in the WH for a third term. Something tells me Michelle would be even better...Which is why I hope she changes her mind about running in a few years.
This whole post is a joke, right? Obama has done nothing for the middle class and provided us with a disastrous health care plan which gave some insurance and took away from others and now the premiums are doubling. The national debt has doubled under his administration and you refer to him as wonderful, Lady you truly are blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies