Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 09:17 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

[quote=tinytrump;46311704]A belief system needs to follow some facts. If the supreme courts n lawmakers say the wording in the section means birth on our soil makes you a citizen, - take or leave it, I don't care, but it's not being changed-- it is the law. Now if they want to change the law, so be it...that could happen- maybe - but probably not, for now just have to complain, argue and cry about it. [/QUOTE]

LOL I'm not complaining about anything. I just answered a post to someone who was complaining about it. So post to them not to me

Old 11-25-2016, 09:19 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
The hilarious part is if you said "oh, OK, if the problem is not enough budget for the Border Patrol, why wouldn't Obama let the border states assist in enforcement of existing federal law?" she'd just not answer you at all.
Omg. Really ??? The congress froze the budget until December 10 and talking about extending the CR until March !! Let me go to sleep, before I lose it and get pinged by the mods - I'm out.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:20 PM

[quote=natalie469;46311756]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
A belief system needs to follow some facts. If the supreme courts n lawmakers say the wording in the section means birth on our soil makes you a citizen, - take or leave it, I don't care, but it's not being changed-- it is the law. Now if they want to change the law, so be it...that could happen- maybe - but probably not, for now just have to complain, argue and cry about it. [/QUOTE]

LOL I'm not complaining about anything. I just answered a post to someone who was complaining about it. So post to them not to me
Yes. You are right, sometimes I quote the next post not orig post. Mea culpa

Old 11-25-2016, 09:21 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times
Quote:
The hilarious part is if you said "oh, OK, if the problem is not enough budget for the Border Patrol, why wouldn't Obama let the border states assist in enforcement of existing federal law?" she'd just not answer you at all.
Can state police enforce federal law on the authority of the president?

Old 11-25-2016, 09:21 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
[quote=tinytrump;46311769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Yes. You are right, sometimes I quote the next post not orig post. Mea culpa
No problem

Old 11-25-2016, 09:23 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,477 times
Quote:
Omg. Really ??? The congress froze the budget until December 10 and talking about extending the CR until March !! Let me go to sleep, before I lose it and get pinged by the mods - I'm out.
Actually, the government was run on CRs for most of Obama's terms and also those CRs fully funded government. But let's say they didn't. I presume then that you are fine with states assisting in enforcement of federal law. Because Obama wasn't. Isn't that interesting?

Old 11-25-2016, 09:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Ridiculous statements. But probably blew a case into a huge multitude, and I'm not living under a rock,,, be surprised... But CBP less a budget still detaining people daily. At the border, ports and other points of entry, including confiscating the drugs...
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Or do you just live in the land of la la where news that's been handed to you is somehow easily denied in your brain, in favor of some fantasy notion?

Quote:
It's insane how people don't keep up with the news and are quick to argue and then deny what you tell them to read. It's like having to spoon feed someone who then refuses to chew. Too much work or something.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:24 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,477 times
I think it's more that they get all of their news from the state-run media that was proven to be in collusion with the Democrat Party.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:27 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times
Quote:
Since you can only spam repost the same information that failed, I assume that you concede defeat. Thank you for that! You are a gracious person.
You have failed to prove your assertions. Want to keep trying?

Quote:
I just checked and you're still not citing the Constitution.
What did you check? Post the link, please.

The Constitution says this in Section 1, Amendment XIV:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

I'll ask again:

Does "all" mean something other than "all?"

Does "born" mean something other than "born?"

Does "in the United States" mean something other than "in the United States?"

Does "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" mean something other than "subject to the jurisdiction thereof?"

Does "are citizens of the United States" mean something other than "citizens of the United States?"

Old 11-25-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Can state police enforce federal law on the authority of the president?
There are actually task forces- locals and Feds from diff agencies that wrk together, but if the case is fed and will be prosecuted as such, it's fed $ -the more criminal crazies / gangs, traffickers, drugs - violent etc,will be targeted more than say a poor woman and a baby while funds are low. Or they may jail the gang banger but give notice to appear to that mom. Takes $$$ to feed n house those people..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies