Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 07:11 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times

Advertisements

As they say in their own words.

I was born here but im Mexican.

Latina waitress gets stiffed by customer: 'We only tip citizens' | Fox News Latino

( And lots of other places just ****ing Google the openness about who and what they care about)

They need to go home and again in their own words America is not their home.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:19 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
How do you intend to proceed?
I'll let the Supreme Court handle it ... over my pay grade.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:20 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Giving birth in the US shouldn't automatically grant permanent residency to parents who are here illegally or legally. The parents should be deported and free to take their child with them.
If a bank robber gives you money from the robbery isn't that money that you still have still illegally obtained?

Yes

Old 11-25-2016, 07:22 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, the 14th Amendment does not grant birthright citizenship to children born from illegal aliens. It has merely been a PC policy to deem them so
I don't recall saying anything about "illegal aliens".

"PC" actually started in 1868?

Quote:
It needs to be fixed by the Supreme Court re-visiting it and re-interpreting it the way it was meant to be.
Again?

The Fourteenth Amendment, particularly its first section, is one of the most litigated parts of the Constitution.

The clause's meaning with regard to a child of legal immigrants was tested in United States v. Wong Kim Ark (1898). The Supreme Court held that under the Fourteenth Amendment, a man born within the United States to Chinese citizens who have a permanent domicile and residence in the United States and are carrying on business in the United States—and whose parents were not employed in a diplomatic or other official capacity by a foreign power—was a citizen of the United States. Subsequent decisions have applied the principle to the children of foreign nationals of non-Chinese descent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourte...s_Constitution

Quote:
No amendment would be necessary.
Think not? How do you plan to prove that?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:23 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
They're not Americans. They need to go home with mom and dad. I don't know about other countries, but Mexico considers children born abroad to Mexicans to be Mexican citizens too.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:23 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
"Anchor babies" being defined as the US-born children of foreign parents.

Should anchor babies with 'birthright citizenship' be deported?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qniAcNn8eQE
Absolutely

Old 11-25-2016, 07:24 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You shouldn't leave it up to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has been turned into the unofficial rulers of the country, as if what nine people say decides things for 400 million. The way you handle it is you just kick everyone out and then when the Supreme Court gets involved and tries to overrule it, you impeach them and continue to kick everyone out. That's how it's done constitutionally.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:24 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,646 times
Quote:
So when you said this:

Quote:
Right, so let's get to work on it asap.
You meant, "I'll let the Supreme Court handle it ... over my pay grade."

Old 11-25-2016, 07:25 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,794 times
The 14th Amendment didn't take into account that today's "anchor babies" would be liabilities instead of assets to our country.

Quote:
The cost of this is not negligible. Inflation-adjusted figures from the U.S. Department of Agriculture projected that a child born in 2013 would cost his parents $304,480 from birth to his eighteenth birthday. Given that illegal-alien households are normally low-income households (three out of five illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children live at or near the poverty line), one would expect that a significant portion of that cost will fall on the government. And that’s exactly what‘s happening. According to CIS, 71 percent of illegal-alien headed households with children received some sort of welfare in 2009, compared with 39 percent of native-headed houses with children. Illegal immigrants generally access welfare programs through their U.S.-born children, to whom government assistance is guaranteed. Additionally, U.S.-born children of illegal aliens are entitled to American public schools, health care, and more, even though illegal-alien households rarely pay taxes.
Birthright Citizenship Is a Magnet for Illegal Immigrants, and It Has Real Economic Costs | National Review

Old 11-25-2016, 07:25 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The Constitution says they are citizens The only way to change it is through the amendment process.
No it doesn't. They were not subject to the jurisdiction of the US.....not a legit citizen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies