Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 09:38 AM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Trump lost the popular vote.
if only we could bring over 3 million illegal Russian, Polish, and Bulgarian immigrants and allow them to vote and he would have won the popular vote also. Hey it worked for you all with illegal Mexicans and felons......so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 10:16 AM

30,226 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
There is no way of telling who would have won a popular election. Only 55% of the eligible population voted this year. The electoral college system was in place on election day this year and that influenced turnout to some degree.

Trump supporters in California had no incentive to vote knowing the State would go to Clinton. In my own case I ended up voting for Johnson because I KNEW Tennessee would go for Trump. If I had ANY doubt I would have voted for Trump.

How many didn't vote because they are in a State dominated by one party or the other?
I am in a state dominated by the left party, but I still went out and voted for Trump. Consider it an exclamation point to the giant "F U!" to the elite establishment pukes.

Besides, you never know...and many in states that have been blue for a long time, states the Dems consider a "blue wall", got up and voted, and it DID make a difference.

Never say "I'm not going to bother" just because your state may be blue, or has been blue for a long time. (Or red, for that matter, to Dems.) You never know just how much your vote can actually make a YUUUUGE difference.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:25 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,527,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So what?

He won the election, and that's all that counts.
The problem is is us on the left don't want right wing policies shoved down our throats just because Drumpf won the electoral college, which favors backwoods right wing states

Old 11-26-2016, 11:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,527,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...the greatest state....PLEASE don't even go there and you do have a say. It's called the EC with 55 votes.
California is under-represented in the EC while states like Wyoming and Mississippi are way over-represented

Old 11-26-2016, 11:33 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,440,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
At the end of the day it should be left up to employee.
How'd that work in the past?

Old 11-26-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am in a state dominated by the left party, but I still went out and voted for Trump. Consider it an exclamation point to the giant "F U!" to the elite establishment pukes.
A spite vote?

Old 11-26-2016, 02:34 PM

33,074 posts, read 12,328,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I will never understand why people like you want to completely throw out the results in california,
It doesn't sound as though you have ever lived in California .

Old 11-26-2016, 04:23 PM

1,094 posts, read 497,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Great post. You nailed it.

The Democrats are now the party of elite globalists who despise the white working men who made up their base.

They want to create a giant Third World plantation and get rid of whitey -- who is too uppity for them.
Both of you are exactly right, I also knew a large number of Democrats who voted for Trump because they were sick of the elitism and pay to play corruption that was so closely linked with the Clintons. Hillary made it clear that she was not on the side of working Americans when she backed a further expansion of the corrupt, terrible abused H-1B visa program (and the L-1). The H-1B in practice has been used by globalist crony capitalists to push Americans out of jobs and replace them with imported cheap labor from India, pushing down wages for everyone and wasting American's hard work and effort with fake job ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

Not to mention that Hillary was supporting the TPP while pretending to oppose it (Obama planning to give her an assist by passing it in his lame duck session) and taking billions from Wall Street to screw American workers further. The irony his Hillary got a warning shot from Bernie Sanders who addressed these very issues, and made clear that Americans would be deciding based on them. She and her staff decided not to listen, to keep cozying up to Barbara Streisand, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and the rest of the privileged arrogant Hollywood and Silicon Valley set, and ignore the needs of the people. Trump actually made an effort to talk to the people. This is he's the one who'll be entering the Oval Office.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
if only we could bring over 3 million illegal Russian, Polish, and Bulgarian immigrants and allow them to vote and he would have won the popular vote also. Hey it worked for you all with illegal Mexicans and felons......so
It did? Let's see the proof, please.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:04 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
Well, now Hillary is joining Jill Stein in asking for recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

I think that's good.

We'll be able to find out how many dead people and illegal aliens voted for Hillary -- as well as people who were bused in from other states to vote for her a second time and other people who voted for her multiple times!

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-26-2016 at 10:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies