Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 01:54 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,182,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
Ok, a little digging is in order. Remember this from March?

Quote:
Thats why I don't get the Trump Love from these people who says they are "tired of the status quo" Behind all that "rah Rah" from Trump hes just another Establishment clown and things will remain the status quo if hes elected.
So, an anti-Trumper shows up as a disappointed Trump supporter. Gimme a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 01:57 PM

2,692 posts, read 3,388,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I said they had the opportunity since they created the news by running the polling operations then reporting it. Most had Clinton +4 to +6 the day before the election. So either they were horrible at polling or trying to make Clinton look good. I can prove they reported polls that turned out to be way off but why that was the case is hard to say. I know Nate Silver got attacked by the left for giving Trump a 35% chance of winning when most of the news outlets gave him only a 10% chance or less.

Commission on Presidental Debates Announces Polls to be used in 2016 Candidate Selection Criteria

CPD:

Good example if you google Clinton Foundation CNN

https://www.google.com/search?q=clinton+foundation+cnn

or

Trump Foundation CNN

https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...utf-8&oe=utf-8

CNN's reporting of the Clinton Foundation took up 3 links on the first Google search page. One explained the Clinton Foundation and how wonderful they believe it is, one was about a Fox news report about the Clinton Foundation CNN said was not accurate and the last was about how much better the Clinton Foundation is compared to the Trump Foundation. Nothing about any of the controversies surrounding it or Pay for Play allegations.

When googling the Trump Foundation CNN has 7 very negative stories. At the very least both foundations had controversies going on during the election but CNN chose only to report issues with Trump.

I could use this sort of example over and over.

Trump battled with Fox in a way very different than the past few Republican candidates for president. Megyn Kelly was a example of that. Sure Fox was tough on Clinton but not a rubber stamp for Trump at all.

sorry the links came out messed up.
I really honestly would love to see what good deeds the Trump
foundation did ? Not being smarky but am wondering.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:58 PM

17,363 posts, read 9,189,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
He isn't going back with one exception... prosecuting Clinton... need to stop reading liberal propaganda from WaPo...
Could it possibly be that President Elect Trump understands that the President of the United States does not have the Power to "prosecute" anyone? Could it possibly be that Mr Trump understands that the FBI Investigates and the DOJ then decides what to do if the Investigation and Evidence indicate a Prosecution?

I expect he will not mess around with the FBI Investigation and then let the Evidence lead the DOJ.
What we NOT have any longer is a US Attorney General that ignores both the Constitution AND the Law the way that both Holder and Lynch have done. Both Holder and Lynch consider JOB 1 is to protect Obama, Clinton and the Leftist Agenda & Ideology. That will be over with and we can get back to Law & Order in this Nation.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:02 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,895,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post

Maybe he just got off Mr. Trump's manufactured rollercoaster of emotions before you did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Wait, umm, you mean you actually believed the promises he made when he said that...

...Hillary would be in Jail
...he would build a wall paid by Mexico
...he would deport 11 million illegals
...he would get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something terrific
...Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security would be saved without cutting benefits.
...he would never take a vacation
...he'd bring back waterboarding

and some others but you get the idea. Very little of what he said is actually achievable in today's USA but he has 4 years so we will see how far he gets.
Unlike the folks who believed with all of their 'feelings' the nonsensical rhetoric as identified above.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:18 PM

237 posts, read 244,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post

Nice, another forum trolling exposed.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:05 PM

35,495 posts, read 20,860,187 times
can I say told you so- in one year?? can I? huh can I ?

Old 11-26-2016, 03:13 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,755,902 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again
Oh no??

THEY FALL FOR THE SAME BS EVERY ELECTION........ THESE IDIOTS SAY WHATEVER THEY HAVE TO DO GET ELECTED,THEN THEY DO WHAT THEY PLEASE!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2016, 03:22 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,981,394 times
Quote:
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??

I'm sorry you are feeling such disappointment. However, it is time to stop blaming President Obama.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:23 PM

31,747 posts, read 26,664,982 times
Anyone remotely naïve enough to believe His Orangess was even going to do a third of what he "promised" during his so called "campaign" wants their head examined. How the man runs is personal affairs and business is one thing; but governing the greatest nation and largest super power on earth is quite another.

What began with bluster and not very seriously turned into something DT and pretty much no one else expected; the guy won, and like it or not the next four years are on *HIM*.

Anyway people tried to warn but some of you wouldn't listen> so congratulations DT is POTUS, and you will get what you deserve.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:45 PM

30,000 posts, read 11,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I really honestly would love to see what good deeds the Trump
foundation did ? Not being smarky but am wondering.
First of all the Trump Foundation is a private foundation. It was formed back in the 80's to distribute profits from one of his book sales. Different purpose and much smaller scale than what the Clintons have.

If you want to know what his foundation gave to you can google the 990 forms. They are public records. The 2014 990 tax return is online as are other years. He took in around $500K in 2014 and spent all of it on various charities, excluding paying an accountant to do the return. Trump does not get paid from it nor does anyone else. He gave to various cancer charities, wounded warrior and other groups mostly in the $5k to 10K range. He did give $26K to the Anti Defamation League which is interesting.

I have a background in finance and accounting and it all looks pretty straight forward. If you look at his foundation numbers compared to the revenue Trump generates in business its the equivalent of a $20 bill for most folks. But CNN seemed to think it was a much bigger story than the Clinton Foundation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies