Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 11:01 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The hard truth is that millions of voters bit hard on the baloney being served up by a big BS merchant.

If you were buying what Trump was selling, then it's on you as much as it is on him. Because so much of his steamy rhetoric was so over the top that even he didn't believe was he was spouting. He's a sales guy and always has been. He'll promise anything to close the deal.

Delivering on promises has never been something he was very good at. Just witness the long line of contractors he's shorted over the decades. And that's why he keeps an army of lawyers employed full time to help cover his tracks.

That's his lifelong record. All those hoping that he's now a changed man are just deluding themselves.
Can't disagree with a word of this. Amusing how the Trump supporters can't really refute this, the best they can come up with is dredging up some old Hillary Clinton or Obama reference. HRC and BHO are ancient history, gone and forgotten and irrelevant at this point.

This is one of Trump's most effective strategies - say anything at any time to score a point or win an election or close a deal - then backpedal, deny, lie, spin, prevaricate, flip-flop; whatever seems to work. He successfully horns-waggled half the voting public in this last election with these tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 11:04 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Exclamation yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
....so can we say 'told you so' yet? Con artist huckster extraordinaire.

BTW, campaign promises not fullfilled by Obama were mostly due to an obstructionist Congress.

Trump doesn't have that excuse. This is a guy who flip-flopped on a daily basis because he has no idea of what he thinks about anything other than branding or PR.

Vegas should be taking bets on how many and which of Trump's rally promises will fall by the wayside.
It's only a matter of time...
Koale

Old 11-28-2016, 11:11 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Can't disagree with a word of this. Amusing how the Trump supporters can't really refute this, the best they can come up with is dredging up some old Hillary Clinton or Obama reference. HRC and BHO are ancient history, gone and forgotten and irrelevant at this point.

This is one of Trump's most effective strategies - say anything at any time to score a point or win an election or close a deal - then backpedal, deny, lie, spin, prevaricate, flip-flop; whatever seems to work. He successfully horns-waggled half the voting public in this last election with these tactics.
The sadder thing is we're going to see a complete about face from these Conservatives on the things they used to discredit and smear Obama's administration.

I guarantee that once Trump is in office, we'll never hear about how it's the President's job to mend race relations or fix the Black unemployment rate.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:15 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
Plenty have pointed out that he is a Huckster.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:20 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

That's why more and more people don't vote. They don't want to ever again feel like they were manipulated into going to vote for someone based on stuff that only later turned out to be lies. In other words, you don't ever again want to feel like a gullible fool from voting for someone.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you believe ANYTHING the NY Times and Krugman says, I have a bridge for sale CHEAP. Interested?

YOU'RE the one who voted for Trump, so you've already bought the bridge HE was selling. But it ain't gonna be cheap!

And I do apologize. I forgot that Trumpsters are more likely to believe "authoritative" sources like Brietbart.com and InfoWars than you are anything a Nobel Prize-winning, former MIT and Princeton University professor writes for the award-winning, highly respected NY Times.

You know, the same NY Times your hero said this about:" I have great respect for The New York Times. Tremendous respect. It’s very special. Always has been very special," and “The Times is a great, great American jewel.”

You don't believe Trump now?

Old 11-28-2016, 12:19 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

YOU'RE the one who voted for Trump, so you've already bought the bridge HE was selling. But it ain't gonna be cheap!

And I do apologize. I forgot that Trumpsters are more likely to believe "authoritative" sources like Brietbart.com and InfoWars than you are anything a Nobel Prize-winning, former MIT and Princeton University professor writes for the award-winning, highly respected NY Times.

You know, the same NY Times your hero said this about:" I have great respect for The New York Times. Tremendous respect. It’s very special. Always has been very special," and “The Times is a great, great American jewel.”

You don't believe Trump now?
I would bet dollars to donuts that you'll find some Trump quote saying EXACTLY the opposite when the NY Times said something derogatory about him. Flip-floppin' like a fish on the beach. But his devotees and mindless pawns continue to believe everything he says and promises even if he changes his tune the next day. They have to, otherwise their house of cards will fall apart, and then where will they be?

Old 11-28-2016, 12:29 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And you swallow EVERYTHING Obama and Hillary, etc. said hook, line and sinker!
It's showing.

Quote:
So, what does that make you?
Brimming over with sparkling wit, of course.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:04 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I disagree. I am not sure Bush was trying to do what was best for America. The Neocons that surrounded Bush wanted a permanent military presence in the middle east. They had strategy papers going back to the early 1990's saying this. 9/11 was the perfect event for them. They lied about WMD's and exaggerated the threat of Saddam Hussein for the purpose of achieving that goal. We now have permanent bases in Iraq and Afghanistan and that is not going to change anytime soon. Under 8 years of Obama it did not change and it won't under Trump.

I disagree with what Bush did but he probably achieved the objectives of the Neocons. We are permanently in the middle east and we have ISIS the "boogeyman" whose existence will keep the excuse military spending high.
I may be giving President Bush the benefit of the doubt even though I was no fan of his & his mistakes. I agree the neocons are an opportunist bunch at best (also giving some benefit of the doubt here as well).

I especially agree the natural consequences of the tragic mistakes made at the inception will not change under the reign of Mr. Trump.

Why would it when the President-elect is busy surrounding himself with establishment insiders & neocons left over from the Bush administration?

Old 11-28-2016, 05:08 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,414 times
Quote:

hahahaha!

And you people thinks he cared about you, about America, and would stick to his promises to change everything?

LMAO!

Trump's election is the greatest magic trick in the hstory of this coutry..

"Now you see me (and my fake promises)...now you don't!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies