Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:35 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I might ask the same question. When you can establish beyond a reasonable doubt that you know for certain what the OP meant and are empowered to speak for her, get back to me.
I'm surprised you haven't ... your modus operandi is apparent to everyone here. Riddle me this ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 10:43 AM

451 posts, read 236,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
And the right has resorted to belittling minorities, discrediting their opinions due to ethnicity, and allowing offensive words like beaner and n**ger to proliferate again.

It's quite a mess we've got going, isn't it?
And minorities, especially black people are some of the biggest racists around. All over you tube...there are clips of blacks saying the primary reason they voted for Obama in 2008 was because he was black! Now that doesn't surprise me but don't deny that it isn't racist. And Black Lives Matter? Racist Racist Racist!!!

Old 11-27-2016, 10:46 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
And the right has resorted to belittling minorities, discrediting their opinions due to ethnicity, and allowing offensive words like beaner and n**ger to proliferate again.

It's quite a mess we've got going, isn't it?
Oh "the right" is it? White Liberal Uses "N" Word To African Republican on CNN Live
More liberal hypocrisy.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:47 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
I believe in what Martin Luther King said. We as a people come in all colors and look quite different in other ways. Short, Tall, big , small-- blue eyes, green eyes, brown eyes, all kinds of hair color. So glad we all don't look the same. Variety is great. Why this racism started is just a sick poisonous way to think.

We can dislike anyone of any color , look , but it better be with a better reason than what they look like. Character. It comes from the spirit of the person. If one has no character they are harder to like. If someone who has a beautiful spirit and great character, morally upright that is a plus . This skin thing started and it has to stop. The left keeps it alive .

They keep it alive and it should die . Racism is taught . It is just perception that is wrong. We learn by experience. Now experience is a better teacher. We can also have false perception thinking in general that all people are bad when we experience a few bad incidences. We need to have an opened mind. There are good and bad people in all races.

We are all here together and we are all one people. I know. Some people are taught to hate for no reason and that bothers me. That is truly racism. If we get to know one another better and see each person as an individual we have a better view of the world. MLK said we are to judge by the character, not the look of someone. I just feel we are going backward and it saddens me because I feel robbed. Racism is a poison . We need to quell it when it raises it head. If someone I know says something about anyone that just doesn't seem accurate I just have to stick up for them. I don't care what race they are. I care about them as a person . We are all individuals and that is how we get to know one other.

I know I am not perfect , but I am a work in progress. I just hope everyone tries to come together as one American people.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:48 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Oh "the right" is it? White Liberal Uses "N" Word To African Republican on CNN Live
More liberal hypocrisy.
Notice she hasn't defended herself?

Old 11-27-2016, 11:04 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with op and Mpowering1.
Me too!

Old 11-27-2016, 07:17 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
More liberal hypocrisy.
It's like they lived inside a bubble their whole life.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:26 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
It's like they lived inside a bubble their whole life.
A self made bubble ignoring all around while believing they have the mantle of open minds.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Looking for decent conversation on this subject. Trying to understand why this word is thrown around so carelessly.

I live in a very diverse community (Wiseburn) which is in Los Angeles County Unincorporated. We use a Hawthorne zip code only for mailing... I also post on Nextdoor.com for our community as well as surrounding communities. Have noticed the folks who are non-Caucasians seem to throw around that word "racist" all too often. They seem to assume too much - get things confused and are quick to call out people as racists. It is getting so old. It's also Caucasians (Progressives/Liberals) who use that word all too often too.

I do not understand this mindset at all. I feel all too often these folks are not comfortable in their own skin which is sad to me. Watched a gentleman on a thread regarding Thanksgiving quickly jump on this new poster, a female who was elderly and quickly called her a racist. It made my blood boil. If her picture was legit - she had white hair and was Caucasian. I felt bad for her.

There seems to be this disrespect for the elderly - seniors and that makes me uncomfortable. I am a senior and do attempt at all times to be respectful of all people EXCEPT criminals. I don't care what ethnic background you are, as criminals, I will not respect you. Is this wrong? Have others run into this?
So you believe that my experiences are invalid and are requesting that I refrain from accurately describing my experiences simply because YOU don't want to hear the word racist? Because the word/label racist makes YOU uncomfortable?

Sorry but FYF.

Last edited by calipoppy; 11-27-2016 at 07:43 PM..

Old 11-27-2016, 07:37 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
The word "racist" has the same social effect as the accusation of "Witch!" had during the Inquisition. All you have to do is mention the word, and the victim's social status and credibility are instantly destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies