Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So. What are you gonna do about it ? multiple choice
Celebrate 36 37.11%
Protest peaceably but follow all laws, even if it means she stays 18 18.56%
Refuse to pay taxes 6 6.19%
Support secession 18 18.56%
Join a militia 21 21.65%
Talk to cousin Vito... he'll know what to do 16 16.49%
Leave the country 2 2.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 12:25 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't do anything that I normally wouldn't do. There are two places that the Left and PC culture stay out of even if Hillary wins: the hood and the hills. Left wingers never come into my area because most people are right wing red necks that will exercise our second amendment rights on idiots that behave like primitive savages rather than running away like people do in all of the liberal cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 12:35 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
I guess I'd need a clearer definition of "rock n' roll" in this context. Are you talking about "gettin' muh shootin' iron" and causin' a ruckus? Maybe round up a posse? How do you go about that, anyway? Do the posse members have to sign waivers in case they shoot themselves in the foot as they're screaming about "snowflakes" and "safe spaces?"

Old 11-27-2016, 12:38 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm gonna grab my guns, by gawd, and exercise my 2nd Amendment rights!
Who are you going to exercise your 2nd amendment rights on? And what does "exercise" mean? Does it mean you're going to load a gun and go to shooting at people?

You gonna go and hunt the electors from your district down and shoot them?
If Trump is overturned, your quarrel will be with the electoral college, not the folks who voted for Clinton.

If the election is overturned and goes to the popular vote, it will be the electoral college that will do it.

Not the people who voted for Trump or for Clinton. The electoral college has not elected either one of them yet, and will not until later in December. Until they have voted, there is no official winner. Trump is the presumed winner until then.
While tradition has never seen the electoral college reverse an election, there is nothing in our law to stop it from doing so, and Trump has already broken long-standing traditions. The voters have spoken, but the electors must now interpret what was said in the voting and vote accordingly, following the conscience.

There are a few state laws that compel an elector to vote the way he pledged, but breaking those laws is a misdemeanor that only carries a small fine as a penalty. These laws were intended to discourage waffling by electors who could not make up their minds one way or the other.

So then, who's going to be your target? It won't be your neighbor, or someone you know, unless you happen to know your elector personally. Very few are elected directly to their position; most are chosen from within their own parties in an inner-party election conducted during a convention.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:47 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Nobody is forcing Hillary on you. Should the recount combined with the popular vote prove that she won, I don't know that there is a legal precedent for it or that anything would be done.

What it would mean is that Trump is not a legitimate president, which would be absolute karma for the birther who tried to delegitimize our current duly elected POTUS for the last 6 years.

Hardly matters. Trump is not respected by over half the country anyhow.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:57 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'll riot in my neighborhood, loot some businesses, overturn some police cars, hang an effigy of Hillary, make a Facebook video of myself crying, threaten to move to Canada, and smoke some weed.
And then place all the blame on Hillary???

Sign me up.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'll riot in my neighborhood, loot some businesses, overturn some police cars, hang an effigy of Hillary, make a Facebook video of myself crying, threaten to move to Canada, and smoke some weed.
this all sounds good, except the smoking weed, not legal here, yet. can i drink a lot of tequila instead?

Old 11-27-2016, 03:25 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny
I'm gonna grab my guns, by gawd, and exercise my 2nd Amendment rights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Who are you going to exercise your 2nd amendment rights on? And what does "exercise" mean? Does it mean you're going to load a gun and go to shooting at people?

You gonna go and hunt the electors from your district down and shoot them?
If Trump is overturned, your quarrel will be with the electoral college, not the folks who voted for Clinton.

If the election is overturned and goes to the popular vote, it will be the electoral college that will do it.

Not the people who voted for Trump or for Clinton. The electoral college has not elected either one of them yet, and will not until later in December. Until they have voted, there is no official winner. Trump is the presumed winner until then.
While tradition has never seen the electoral college reverse an election, there is nothing in our law to stop it from doing so, and Trump has already broken long-standing traditions. The voters have spoken, but the electors must now interpret what was said in the voting and vote accordingly, following the conscience.

There are a few state laws that compel an elector to vote the way he pledged, but breaking those laws is a misdemeanor that only carries a small fine as a penalty. These laws were intended to discourage waffling by electors who could not make up their minds one way or the other.

So then, who's going to be your target? It won't be your neighbor, or someone you know, unless you happen to know your elector personally. Very few are elected directly to their position; most are chosen from within their own parties in an inner-party election conducted during a convention.

You forgot who you were responding to, a supporter of those that are not big fans of the 2nd Amendment.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:30 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Left wingers never come into my area because most people are right wing red necks that will exercise our second amendment rights on idiots that behave like primitive savages rather than running away like people do in all of the liberal cities.
Interesting. Have you got any news stories I can see online that detail the awful fate that befalls those (deceased) liberals, or was your statement more of a threat?

Old 11-27-2016, 03:42 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
I'll just suck it up and wait for the next election, just like I did 8 years back. No rioting, burning, looting, crying, protesting, hunting my safe space.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:50 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Not a viable Poll: This will never happen that Lyin' Hillary gets her green, fungus-filled fingernails in our White House .... So, I could not answer any of the selections.

Unless you assure me this was a joke posting and I will go back and look again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies