Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 06:31 PM

56,932 posts, read 25,873,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A job many people do on a daily basis in many walks of life.
This job is different.

So who do you think is qualified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 06:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,940,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This job is different.
Yes, but it shouldn't be.

Quote:
So who do you think is qualified.
I imagine a large percentage of those who successfully work in international sales would do just fine.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,543,305 times
Quote:
Conway keeps criticizing Trump, maybe she should just let him make the decision. Secretary of State is probably one of the most important cabinet positions, it shouldn't be purely an award for political backers. Obama even appointed Clinton after an aggressive campaign, it wasn't nearly on a level of this one. Time to put differences aside and select who's best for the country.

Kellyanne Conway: Trump backers feel 'betrayed' by Romney consideration - CNNPolitics.com
The implosion begins, among the Trump Gang.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:39 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Quote:
Conway: Trump backers feel 'betrayed' by Romney consideration

Kellyanne Conway: Trump backers feel 'betrayed' by Romney consideration - CNNPolitics.com

I feel the same way...

Forget that loser, that thinks his chit don't stink.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:48 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,708,042 times
They have different visions for the country. I don't see how they could trust each other on policy issues, let alone what has been said between the two.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:55 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,009,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The 2012 election left no doubt that Romney is anything BUT politically savvy.

He's a man who stands for nothing, has no loyalty to his party or country, and - most importantly - disdains the average working Americans at the foundation of our country's great history.

You're way, way, off the mark here. Romney doesn't even qualify for the recycle bin.
Wish I could rep you again.

I have an intense, guttural dislike for Romney. For the first time in my adult life, I did NOT vote in 2012. I simply can't stand that greasy-haired empty shell of a liar.

The only reason he would be good for SoS is it would get him out of the country for large periods of time.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:57 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,009,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Sooo... double down on a bad hand?

Brilliant.

He's laying it out there. He likes to pretend that running the US is a reality show. He has sullied the office of President of the United States with his insipid Twitter rants.

He's disgusting.

I guess keep right on hoping, but I can tell you now that he's not going to get better. Just worse.
Oh, for Christ's sake, get off the reality show crap! It's old and as worn out as the "racist" crap!

Old 11-28-2016, 07:15 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,312,608 times
Romney would be a disastrous pick for secretary of state and I admire Conway for speaking out. Why are people who basically insulted , campaigned against vehemently and hated trump being rewarded? Romney,Nikki Haley, NY times, etc

The populist right wing movement is happening all over the world, its a movement, not just a few leaders. If trumps advisers and inner circle (his family) turn him into a mainstream republican and betray his campaign promises , its going to be a mess. He is already being advised to condemn and renounce the alt right and they certainly arent going to be the ones out "protesting" ( ie rioting) his inauguration and most of his 4 or 8 year term.

10,000's of thousands of people didnt turn out for trump rallies because of mainstream romney/ryan/mconnell Republicans, diverse cabinets, the ny times and nikki haley, outreach, etc etc

Today the terrorist attack in Columbus Ohio is a good example of the kind of thing the populist /right/ trump election came to power with, immigration and terrorism needs to be addressed immediately after the inauguration, should be addressed today or tomorrow at latest by the president elect

Old 11-28-2016, 07:22 PM

25,599 posts, read 56,301,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
He's already done more for the country before taking office than the last 4 Presidents put together.
This is a serious question. Exactly what, in your opinion, has he done since November 8th but tell about 1,000 more lies - about one every half hour? If Trump's mouth is moving, he is lying.

Please do list these things he's "done."

Old 11-28-2016, 07:33 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Wish I could rep you again.

I have an intense, guttural dislike for Romney. For the first time in my adult life, I did NOT vote in 2012. I simply can't stand that greasy-haired empty shell of a liar.

The only reason he would be good for SoS is it would get him out of the country for large periods of time.
Yeah, but what do you really think of him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies