Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 05:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times

Advertisements

LMAO...this is one of the wackiest (and pitiful) stories in the news.

Two guys just want some cheese, and the employees get spooked, run away to a secure area of the store, lock themselves up, and call the cops. Meanwhile, they're joined by another customer that has a toothache and wants some Orajel!

The cops show up and...well here's the link...

CVS calls cops on men asking for cheese | myfox8.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 07:44 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
So why did they stick around for forty minutes after they were told the store didn't stock sliced cheese?

Old 11-28-2016, 07:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Is be curious to know if this store or its employees have been robbed before.

I knew a guy in college who worked at a liquor store and was robbed at gun point. He quit a few weeks later because he was extremely stressed out whenever anybody loitered in the store. It was essentially PTSD.

This was in Austin TX in the early 90's and only a few months after a yogurt shop was robbed and the employees murdered.

I could imagine how gun shy you might be after a gun is put in your face.

I don't know if this is the case, but it may justify their fear.

Edit - here is info on the yogurt shop murders.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991...t_shop_murders

Old 11-28-2016, 07:54 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...this is one of the wackiest (and pitiful) stories in the news.

Two guys just want some cheese, and the employees get spooked, run away to a secure area of the store, lock themselves up, and call the cops. Meanwhile, they're joined by another customer that has a toothache and wants some Orajel!

The cops show up and...well here's the link...

CVS calls cops on men asking for cheese | myfox8.com
Who waits around a half an hour at CVS to buy sliced cheese? I get the Orajel, but sliced cheese?

And if the employees told them CVS didn't carry it, why did they just hang around?

Did they think the stock was about to magically arrive any minute?

Who knows, but I don't think we have all the story here.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:58 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,326 times
Very strange story. The men spent 45 minutes hanging around the store searching for the employees after they found out the store didn't carry what they wanted? And another customer became so concerned that he went into hiding with the employees? There are definitely some missing pieces.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Who waits around a half an hour at CVS to buy sliced cheese? I get the Orajel, but sliced cheese?

And if the employees told them CVS didn't carry it, why did they just hang around?

Did they think the stock was about to magically arrive any minute?

Who knows, but I don't think we have all the story here.
They may have come in primarily for cheese but stuck around looking for something else, killing time or trying to figure out other dinner plans. I don't think they were there for any nefarious reasons. I think there is a strong chance the employees were fearful of robbery and got jumpy when the two men did seem odd to the employees.

Like I said above, if there had been a robbery occurrence that spooked them, I can't blame them for being overly cautious.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:01 AM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
The employees were scared of these two men, so they had a reason. Was the employees' fear due to the men's race or for other reasons? Few facts are provided in the article and no facts from the employees' point of view of the incident.

The OP sure is jumping to conclusions.

By the way, I'd rather be wrong and alive than dead and PC.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:03 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
CVS stores are hit fairly often by armed robbers.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:05 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Is be curious to know if this store or its employees have been robbed before.

I knew a guy in college who worked at a liquor store and was robbed at gun point. He quit a few weeks later because he was extremely stressed out whenever anybody loitered in the store. It was essentially PTSD.

This was in Austin TX in the early 90's and only a few months after a yogurt shop was robbed and the employees murdered.

I could imagine how gun shy you might be after a gun is put in your face.

I don't know if this is the case, but it may justify their fear.

Edit - here is info on the yogurt shop murders.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991...t_shop_murders
Terrible story. I have a family member that was shot in the back of the head in a convenient store in Ohio. One of my grandfather's cousins, so it happened a while ago. Someone robbed the store and told everyone inside to lay face first on the ground. He then shot everyone.

It does happen. A certain anger does exhibit when you read about 4 teenage girls at a yogurt shop getting probably raped and then murdered. Pretty messed up that over 50 people confessed to the murders. Some people walking around are just not right in their head. Very sad these girls never did get justice.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:15 AM

8,214 posts, read 3,483,075 times
I read somewhere that the doors became locked because someone had pushed a silent alarm or something and that the men couldn't leave the store. The cops had to force the door open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies