Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 01:33 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times

Advertisements

Changing your plans at the last minute, $100.
Having life long relationships terminated over election hysteria? Priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 01:37 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Changing your plans at the last minute, $100.
Having life long relationships terminated over election hysteria? Priceless.
When one disagrees at such a core level, perhaps it's easier. Look what's happened since November 8th. The rhetoric has been so over the top, so visceral, there is no way left wingers are going to get past that following a "very vicious campaign". Those comments came directly from Trump supporters and when Democrats hear them, they know their Trump supporting family feels the same way, just may not be saying it out loud. It's impossible to pretend after that

Old 11-29-2016, 02:39 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
You mean like when Hillary said she would attack Iran and antagonize Russia for meddling in Syria to fight ISIS?
Yes, exactly. Two peas in a pod.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:39 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,864 times
Democrats are just evil and hateful.We hated Obama as much as dems hate Trump but there were no violent demonstrations and threats to boycott every business who backed him as the dems are now doing.
What on earth is the purpose of threatening all the stores that carry Ivanka Trump jewelry?

Old 11-29-2016, 04:44 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Democrats are just evil and hateful.We hated Obama as much as dems hate Trump but there were no violent demonstrations and threats to boycott every business who backed him as the dems are now doing.
What on earth is the purpose of threatening all the stores that carry Ivanka Trump jewelry?
Who's threatening the stores? Democrats can choose to shop anywhere and if they choose not to shop where Trump family products are sold, that's their choice. It's a free country. Trump supporters can give the Trumps every penny they have.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:45 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Stupid right wing article by a propaganda paper....

Old 11-29-2016, 04:54 AM

1,180 posts, read 777,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
You can sum it up by saying the left is more intolerant.
Its pathetic that the Left is like that, those that try to be all SJW and Liberal Outrage and other such foolishness and won't even TALK to someone. How tolerant and loving.

But, they did me a favor, so. Whatevs.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:10 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Democrats watched while Republicans demonized President Obama for eight years. Now they seem sad that Democrats want nothing to do with them. The article is true, I asked a niece about Facebook and Trump supporters and she said it's not a problem, she defriends them immediately. But honestly, so do Republicans. I've seen Republicans say the exact same thing. And one I know has posted about how Christmas should be a time of healing and can't we all get along now they they won? If it had gone the other way, that would not be the case and everyone knows it. So no, there will be no healing or civility because after eight years and a very vicious campaign (per Trump) and a bitterly divided country, there is no going back.
Its not that Republicans didn't welcome Obama it was Obama demonizing them from the get go they can no longer drive the car and other sorry dividing words,comments spewed from this mans mouth ...
You are wrong again I didn't see protests in the streets after Obama was elected twice like when Trump won and if there is division it was caused by the Democrats when they were in complete control of things till losing two general elections that cost them dearly in both houses of Congress,the Presidency because of their agenda.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:12 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times
Quote:
When one disagrees at such a core level, perhaps it's easier. Look what's happened since November 8th. The rhetoric has been so over the top, so visceral, there is no way left wingers are going to get past that following a "very vicious campaign". Those comments came directly from Trump supporters and when Democrats hear them, they know their Trump supporting family feels the same way, just may not be saying it out loud. It's impossible to pretend after that
And the other side gets called an ____ist (fill in the blank) just because who they voted for. Man if you don't see what's right in front of you that's too bad.

I'm glad I'm an independent. Both extremes are acting petulant when there is a real enemy and I'm not referring to ISIS.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:14 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
*Disclaimer: I didn't vote for Trump and was not happy he was elected.*

I'm not going to copy and paste all the truly ugly statements made by various Hillary supporters both before and after the election, but some were just appalling. Nor am I going to copy and paste some of the incredibly ugly, sometimes violent, rants that slithered on my son's social media pages (black male who supported Trump). I can't tell you how floored I was that he actually received death threats. If I made the assumption that every Hillary follower thought or felt that way simply by virtue of being a Hillary supporter I would no longer be speaking to practically my entire extended family, instead I'd be getting some restraining orders.

Guilt by association is ridiculous and the go to move of the most intolerant people I know. By the way, I don't remember any of my white friends talking about receiving death threats because they voted for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies