Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 05:21 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Democrats are just evil and hateful.We hated Obama as much as dems hate Trump but there were no violent demonstrations and threats to boycott every business who backed him as the dems are now doing.
What on earth is the purpose of threatening all the stores that carry Ivanka Trump jewelry?
Democrats are not evil and hateful and this thinking just furthers the divide. As an independent, I find it comical. Yes the dems have been played for votes by their politicians and many, not all, media outlets pushing a narrative.

However republicans are also, albeit smaller just do to the nature of the industry being played by their preferred media sources.

So who wins? THE SAME A.SHOLES BOTH SIDES are supposed to be so upset with: Washington.

Instead of pointing at each other, tell Trump to sthu and don't make arrogant statements like Obama did when he FIRST assumed the mantle, don't pander to the 'base', whatever the hell that even is, and more importantly quit voting for: McConnell, Ryan, pelosi, Reid, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 06:12 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
This top 10 list is mostly an inaccurate opinion piece that I am sure some can agree with and will assume to take an link like this to be factual information when it is not.
It's spot on, someone asked the question elsewhere why the Democrats appear to be in a death spiral. Here is my answer.

Quote:
When you say my party is courting ignorance you are implying I am ignorant. When I say I'm voting for Trump I may be called sexist for no other reason than I'm not voting for Hillary. When I reference Democratic policies that have destroyed African-American communities I'm called a racist. When I discuss energy policies that are harming US business I do not care about the environment. When I question why someone should be required to bake a cake for someone that is gay because I support individual liberties I'm called homophobic. When I question immigration policy that is costing US citizens jobs and taxes I'm referred to as a baby hating family destroyer. When I point out the economic reality of putting millions of uninsured onto the insurance rolls is going to drive insurance rates through the roof someone says I have no compassion. When I point out that we need to address voter fraud because 63 people can walk into a polling place and 97% of them can successfully vote under a name that is not theirs I'm trying to suppress the minority vote. If I question why someone in line of front of me at the grocery store is buying lobster and junk food with food stamps I hate the poor. If I suggest taxes and regulations are harming US business I'm corporate shill....and one my favorites if I try and discuss why I think gun control measures will be ineffective it's because I have a small penis.
There is much longer list than this and this is what that article is driving at. I'm willing to discuss just about anything with anyone and perhaps I'm right or perhaps I'm wrong. More often than not if I'm talking to someone that is liberal I'll get the I'm right, you're wrong, end of discussion. This can be particularly infuriating when they have the IQ of a turnip and are using the same old arguments that they have been taught or heard instead of having some basic understanding about what they are talking about.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:40 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Almost forgot, I'm also a Nazi.

How can anyone be so oblivious to parallels of Nazism and the rise of the right wing today?

Old 11-29-2016, 07:06 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
People cutting off their relatives because of an election? Democrats are just weird, man. This is just a whole new level of zeal. It's like a cult.
Agree, it's crazy. But it's not just the Democrats.

"Us vs. them" psychology is very powerful. It's why professional sports is so popular. And why nations, religions, tribes, and street gangs go to war.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Does that mean we can slander you and add IST as a suffix to disparaging terms in context towards you? Lol

Old 11-29-2016, 07:20 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Labeling all the Trump voters racist, Nazi, women haters etc. when he got a lot of independent votes (while holding their nose) is potentially damaging to the dems. Many of them are past Obama voters and the hyperbole and finger pointing might linger past this election and make them reluctant to vote for democrats in the future.

P.S. I voted for neither Hillary or Trump.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:25 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Labeling all the Trump voters racist, Nazi, women haters etc. when he got a lot of independent votes (while holding their nose) is potentially damaging to the dems. Many of them are past Obama voters and the hyperbole and finger pointing might linger past this election and make them reluctant to vote for democrats in the future.

You're wasting your breath (or small motor typing skills). Most of them don't get it, don't want to get it and will never get.

To most of them, people in rural areas are uneducated, toothless, meth using, pedophiliac hicks who think their labor jobs are more difficult than sitting at a desk pushing a keyboard while the uncaring boss wants more productivity. And they don't get a paid lunch either.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Same independent and write in candidate. HOWEVER this hysteria is pushing me to align with Republicans more than I normally would.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:33 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Democrats watched while Republicans demonized President Obama for eight years. Now they seem sad that Democrats want nothing to do with them. The article is true, I asked a niece about Facebook and Trump supporters and she said it's not a problem, she defriends them immediately. But honestly, so do Republicans. I've seen Republicans say the exact same thing. And one I know has posted about how Christmas should be a time of healing and can't we all get along now they they won? If it had gone the other way, that would not be the case and everyone knows it. So no, there will be no healing or civility because after eight years and a very vicious campaign (per Trump) and a bitterly divided country, there is no going back.
I disagree. Most Republicans were already resigned to losing this election.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:36 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Wow! I am blown away by families torn apart because of who you voted for. We have always heard families come first. Friends come first. What happened here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies