Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 07:30 PM

34,004 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
And when in history has that happened. When I was in my 20s I thought I was invincible and I was upset I had to pay car insurance. Lol. I didn't get health insurance till I got my first UNION job. And I paid ZERO for it and NEVER used it till I had a kid. Once again. Why would anyone pay money (when they have brutal college loans to pay) for something they will not use?

Risk averse. All millennials I know have health insurance, and purposely chose careers which feature employers offering quality coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM

1,850 posts, read 819,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They will buy if it is cheap enough that it makes taking the risk of not having it unwise.
So ...they'll buy it if it's free then?

Quote:
Risk averse. All millennials I know have health insurance, and purposely chose careers which feature employers offering quality coverage.
But nobody cares about the millennials you know. If they represented the norm, then nobody would have to make laws that forced them to get insurance.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:32 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Price would go down if it wasn't packed with bloated crap.

I'm sure childless couples love paying for pediatric dental coverage, or two gay men paying for maternity coverage.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:

But nobody cares about the millennials you know. If they represented the norm, then nobody would have to make laws that forced them to get insurance.

Your law, ACA, failed. Time to move on. All big insurers leaving, leaves a pretty, but lacking options, website.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Your law, ACA, failed. Time to move on. All big insurers leaving, leaves a pretty, but lacking options, website.
My law? You probably haven't read many of my posts, but I savage anything done or said by liberals, including Obamacare.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
My law? You probably haven't read many of my posts, but I savage anything done or said by liberals, including Obamacare.

Then, like me, enjoy its long overdue demise. I want only legislation every voting Congressman in either chamber has read. in FULL. Before voting.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
Price would go down if it wasn't packed with bloated crap.

I'm sure childless couples love paying for pediatric dental coverage, or two gay men paying for maternity coverage.
Sure, but those are mandated by government. Guess what? Men have to pay for coverage for mammograms and everything related to women's health. That shouldn't happen, either. Glad you agree. Get government out of healthcare, you'll get rid of these scenarios.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Then, like me, enjoy its long overdue demise. I want only legislation every voting Congressman in either chamber has read. in FULL. Before voting.
You shouldn't celebrate because the replacement is going to be equally bad, since everyone on both sides is saying they're going to keep the "pre-existing conditions" stipulation and probably they'll try to reconstruct it "except better" (which means worse).

Old 11-29-2016, 07:44 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Sure, but those are mandated by government. Guess what? Men have to pay for coverage for mammograms and everything related to women's health. That shouldn't happen, either. Glad you agree. Get government out of healthcare, you'll get rid of these scenarios.
You do know who approves plans and sets min standards of coverage, as well as premium pmpm, right?

Old 11-29-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't celebrate because the replacement is going to be equally bad, since everyone on both sides is saying they're going to keep the "pre-existing conditions" stipulation and probably they'll try to reconstruct it "except better" (which means worse).

No one knows yet. Personally I think we should have a multi-priced system, based on risk and overall health of those seeking insurance. Just like auto insurance has high risk pools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies