Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 05:47 AM

57,228 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
What ever gave anyone the idea Trump would "up hold" anything???
He claimed that Obama was in direct violation of the constitution on many issues yet here he is in November recommending an obvious violation, and some people are jumping through hoops to defend him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 05:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Before 2008 only actual members of the military were supposed to salute the flag. Members of the military would have known this more than anyone.

As I said to me I did in the "60's" but my grandsons do it now and they live on a Military base ,they do it becuase they respect what their Dad does and the country they live in.I will tell you that more than one military veteran or solder came out and supported the QB of the 49's saying we fight so he can do this .

Old 11-30-2016, 05:53 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He claimed that Obama was in direct violation of the constitution on many issues yet here he is in November recommending an obvious violation, and some people are jumping through hoops to defend him.

I agree with you completely.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:54 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Protesting is a very American thing to do.

"Protesting is a very American thing to do."

I don't think anyone suggested you CAN'T protest.

Not really.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The emphasis is on PEACEABLY.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:57 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They burn the flag because they are passionate about an issue, and think that America can change if enough attention is brought to that issue. You don't go out and burn leaves or tablecloths as a means of protest. You burn things that have meaning, to you and to the public at large. If what you burn has no meaning, it has no impact.
"They burn the flag because they are passionate about an issue, and think that America can change if enough attention is brought to that issue."

Is this what you THINK, or KNOW?

IMO, it is a bunch of unruly spoiled brats who don't know any better.

Most are "students" and only do it to get out of class.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's just red meat for the base.

It's a symbolic piece of cloth that in most cases is made in China.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:06 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I should be able to burn my own flag if I want, but not anyone else's. Trump does not respect private property.
This is why I voted for Gary Johnson and not Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton. Trump is authoritarian an I fear a police state from him.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:16 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Is that so?

Like this "progressive"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJqwLcTsXA
He has the freedom to fly that flag. He is just exposing himself as a bigot and being pro-genocide. I have the freedom to criticize him for it. I have the freedom to burn a Nazi flag.

Three flags I would burn if the opportunity presented itself:
1) Nazi flag
2) Confederate flag
3) Soviet flag

Flag I won't burn
1) U.S. flag

Old 11-30-2016, 07:15 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Don't burn the Quran.. or you will be killed. So much for freedoms.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-s..._b_843611.html

Old 11-30-2016, 07:33 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Do you need a safe space?" Not at all.

Safe places are for all the crying lefties who can't grasp realty.

We didn't see any of this from the repubs when Obama won.

HMM, I wonder why?

"You see, the flag is simply an object"

You are entitled to your opinion. thankfully MOST Americans disagre with you.

It is a SYMBOL of our country and the treatment of it shows respect for it.

It is a symbol of all the men and women who, over our existence, have sacrificed, sometimes with their lives, to make this such a great country.

It represents us to the rest of the world.

If you have np patriotism for your country I suggest you move to place suited to your liking.

Or are they type who just uses what we have to offer and feel no obligation to show respect for your country?

How sad, so very sad.
You sit here and argue nationalism to me, a concept that is at odds with the founding basis of this country. You defy the very concept of why we are free and ignore these basic principals to promote worship of objects while at the same time demanding adherence to action which defies the very thing you claim to support by your flag worship.

You point to objects and symbols and act as is if this defines you, when it is your actions that define you and one is a hypocrite if they demand servitude to an object as it means they have no concept or clue as to what this country is, they are merely ignorant aggressors urinating on the very "symbol" they claim to adore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies