Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Everyone needs to put the blame where it belongs, HILLARY! Hillary defeated herself.

I can't wait until Obama is gone either, the sooner the better. I don't think he is a bad guy BUT I think he has been the "stooge" to some bad guys from behind the scenes that were pushing for globalism by destroying who we are as a country.

Obama knows why Hillary lost, just listen to his attacks against her in 2008, they were awesome!
She did not help herself; I think it is obvious by now she is a lousy candidate and can't excite the crowds, but as my husband says, Trump is one of the best PR people alive: he knows how to work the media and it showed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 09:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fox news was very negative on Trump when Trump did not deserve it. Fox was no great friend of Trump. Fox Poll had Trump way down as well and did not think Trump had a chance .
there were a few FOX contributors that were backing him from day one, but you are right: most just didn't like Clinton: they certainly were not behind Trump.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The guy is an ass
Now you know how I feel about Obama

Old 11-30-2016, 09:56 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Everyone needs to put the blame where it belongs, HILLARY! Hillary defeated herself.

I can't wait until Obama is gone either, the sooner the better. I don't think he is a bad guy BUT I think he has been the "stooge" to some bad guys from behind the scenes that were pushing for globalism by destroying who we are as a country.

Obama knows why Hillary lost, just listen to his attacks against her in 2008, they were awesome!

The track record of Hilary. You mean this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6f4tZFZ_-g

Old 11-30-2016, 11:06 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I can't think of one instance in the past 8 years Obama has taken responsibility for ANY mistakes. He and his supporters think he's just perfect. Always someone else's fault. I don't see how you can grow as an individual when you can't admit you have any faults. It's like living life with blinders on.
The ACA is a perfect example. There are obviously some major flaws with this legislation; he could easily acknowledge the problems and call on Congress to fix them while maintaining his position that passing the ACA was the right thing to do, but he just won't do it. It's like he doesn't realize that the working-class Americans that the ACA was supposed to help are seeing their premiums double.

And maybe he doesn't. I've come to believe that he's got some sort of Elvis syndrome going on, where he's so surrounded by yes-men that he's shielded from any indication that not everybody thinks everything is A-OK.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:22 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Obama on Dems

white working class voters] turned out in huge numbers for Trump. And I think that part of it has to do with our inability, our failure, to reach those voters effectively. Part of it is Fox News in every bar and restaurant in big chunks of the country, but part of it is also Democrats not working at a grassroots level, being in there, showing up, making arguments. That part of the critique of the Democratic Party is accurate. We spend a lot of time focused on international policy and national policy and less time being on the ground. And when we’re on the ground, we do well.

Lol can you believe this guy. All the other cable news outlets were promoting Hillary as much as her campaign team, but Obama thinks Hillary lost by not having Fox on her side, too? And who goes to bars to watch Fox News?
Of course I can believe it. Blame anybody, anything, except oneself for one's (or a group's) short comings. Introspection and personal responsibility for one's own actions are foreign concepts to this bunch.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:28 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
there were a few FOX contributors that were backing him from day one, but you are right: most just didn't like Clinton: they certainly were not behind Trump.
Sean Hannity, and maybe Bill O'Reilly to a lesser extent (IIRC) supported Trump during the campaign, but it seemed to me that Fox was in the bag for establishment Republicans, who hated Trump as much as the Democrats do.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:40 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Well....he's not wrong...

Old 11-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Well....he's not wrong...
Yes, he is wrong.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:52 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
I am entering the greatest season of my life.

First there is Christmas. On Christmas Day a momentous even will come to pass - The Halmark Christmas Specials will go away, and I will once again take control of the remote. Real people who fix cars and build houses will once again appear on the TV. Can't wait.

And then there is Friday, January 20, 2017! The embarrassing reign of the man who should never have been elected will end. The unqualified, thin skinned, apologist who was elected because of skin pigment and little else will at last become irrelevant.

It will be a great day in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies