Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 11:34 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times

Advertisements

Because he did:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...-are-too-high/

How does this jibe with his promises to help the US working-class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 11:44 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Wow.... got nothing new to say so you go back to the old stuff... why not quote what he said thirty years ago... why stop there, he must of said something bad when he was five years old... you should go create another useless "I hate Trump" thread... Merry Christmas...

Old 11-30-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow.... got nothing new to say so you go back to the old stuff... why not quote what he said thirty years ago... why stop there, he must of said something bad when he was five years old... you should go create another useless "I hate Trump" thread... Merry Christmas...
He is President-elect, as in he has yet to take the oath of office and you're dismissing things he said ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL as "old stuff". I don't thing you're going to be a reasonable participant in this conversation.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Because he did:

No he didn't.

It's a nonsense article from the fake news New York Times.

Clearly he says he is against raising the minimum wage and the NY Times turns into that hit piece. i.e. Trump says wages are too high in the USA.

Honestly, I can't believe that anyone pays the NY Times any mind these days.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No he didn't.

It's a nonsense article from the fake news New York Times.

Clearly he says he is against raising the minimum wage and the NY Times turns into that hit piece. i.e. Trump says wages are too high in the USA.

Honestly, I can't believe that anyone pays the NY Times any mind these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRmi28fjNOs

Old 11-30-2016, 11:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
^I've no idea why you posted a youtube video without comment in response to what I said.

You linked yet another hit piece from the NY Times.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
^I've no idea why you posted a youtube video without comment in response to what I said.

You linked yet another hit piece from the NY Times.
The NY Times article referenced this quote, so I linked the video of Trump saying exactly what the NY Times said he did. These are called facts, and I provided the fact-check.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:21 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
The context was regarding minimum wage, OP. This was clarified in an interview after the debate.Trump: I never said wages are too high - POLITICO

Old 11-30-2016, 12:23 PM

776 posts, read 745,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Because he did:

Truth is many people are paid way more than they are actually worth in the workforce. That's why the minimum wage needs to be abolished. I've worked in these environments and I can tell you it's not fair when I'm making the same as the lazy bum standing next to me. It has nothing to do with life worth.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
Truth is many people are paid way more than they are actually worth in the workforce. That's why the minimum wage needs to be abolished. I've worked in these environments and I can tell you it's not fair when I'm making the same as the lazy bum standing next to me. It has nothing to do with life worth.
Did you ever consider the fact that you were, perhaps, underpaid? It's only matter of perspective. I have a house cleaner who I pay $20-$25 an hour. She sweeps, vacuums, scrubs and mops. It's all fairly simple, unskilled work, and I paid her exactly what I think that work is worth. I pay babysitter $15 to sit on my couch and watch television while my children sleep upstairs. I can't imagine what "work" people think is worth less than 7.25 an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies