Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:11 PM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

I was for Kasich, although I disagreed with him on immigration. (I ended up voting for Johnson, only because I hate both Trump and HRC.)

Makes me wonder if Kasich had held different views on immigration whether we would now be talking about President-Elect Kasich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 05:18 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OHIO STATE ATTACK: Twitter EXPLODES On John Kasich For Opening State’s Borders To Refugees

John Kasich was the recipient of a tidal wave of Twitter hate Monday, as countless users blamed the Ohio governor for Monday’s horrific attack on Ohio State University’s campus.

Kasich lost support during the Republican primary for siding with President Barack Obama and the Democrats on the Syrian refugee crisis.

Sep. 2015 - Kasich Agrees With Obama: ‘America Needs To Be Part Of’ Solving Syrian Refugee Crisis

Republican presidential candidate John Kasich said Sunday that he supports President Barack Obama’s plan to bring 10,000 Syrian refugees into the United States over the next year, adding, “America needs to be part of this solution.”

Then after a couple months - the people wore his butt out, and then he changed his tune. The mayor of Columbus wanted to accept the refugees - he should be on the hook also.

At what point do we understand that you can't treat this behavior nicely?

How many lives will be lost trying to figure this out?
Quote:
Wait.. wait.. wait...

NOW you want to bring out the law books??

Did you bring out the law books when Obama was directing ICE to break the law and leave illegals alone?

Did you bring out the law books when Obama was encouraging illegals to vote?

Where were the law books when Obama told our forces to go to war against Egypt (to help the Muslim Brotherhood) without Congress' consent a few years ago?

You put the law books aside a long time ago - so you know where you can put the above post...

You have got to be kidding me...
I know I mean it's outrageous! Actually giving correct information. I think we should go back to feigning outrage over false information. The nerve of some people.
And as pointed out in the constitution, congressional approval was not required to send troops to Egypt. But oops, there I go giving correct information again. I should withdraw this so you can feign some more outrage.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:24 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
That's why Kasich never made it past the Republican primary. He is a secret Democratic in using the Republican party as a cover.
Kasich underestimated how many Americans feel about immigration by Muslims and illegals. I think he has a clue now.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:28 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Dodged a bullet.

At one point, I wanted to vote for him.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:32 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I know I mean it's outrageous! Actually giving correct information. I think we should go back to feigning outrage over false information. The nerve of some people.
And as pointed out in the constitution, congressional approval was not required to send troops to Egypt. But oops, there I go giving correct information again. I should withdraw this so you can feign some more outrage.
You are correct - it is removed.

Feign outrage - I notice you didn't touch the other two questions...

The response was ridiculous in light of the entirety of the immigration situation.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:57 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Thank God Kasich never won.

He is of that breed that actually believes that not matter how nutty it sounds, if you just agree with Democrats enough, more of them will vote you into office.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:12 PM

649 posts, read 316,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I have some news for tRumpzis.

The governor of a state does not have the authority to "allow" or disallow the ability of refugees to enter their state.

The Refugee Act of 1980 gives the president the authority to admit refugees.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUT...E-94-Pg102.pdf

The Supreme Court has ruled: “the supremacy of the national power in the general field of foreign affairs, including power over immigration, naturalization and deportation, is made clear by the Constitution.”

HINES v. DAVIDOWITZ | FindLaw
Reading comprehension can be a wonderful thing . It was stated he agreed with Obama's policies on the subject , not that he had any legal authority to do it on his own .

Old 11-30-2016, 08:18 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
I've never liked him one bit.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:23 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
OHIO STATE ATTACK: Twitter EXPLODES On John Kasich For Opening State’s Borders To Refugees

John Kasich was the recipient of a tidal wave of Twitter hate Monday, as countless users blamed the Ohio governor for Monday’s horrific attack on Ohio State University’s campus.

Kasich lost support during the Republican primary for siding with President Barack Obama and the Democrats on the Syrian refugee crisis.

Sep. 2015 - Kasich Agrees With Obama: ‘America Needs To Be Part Of’ Solving Syrian Refugee Crisis

Republican presidential candidate John Kasich said Sunday that he supports President Barack Obama’s plan to bring 10,000 Syrian refugees into the United States over the next year, adding, “America needs to be part of this solution.”

Then after a couple months - the people wore his butt out, and then he changed his tune. The mayor of Columbus wanted to accept the refugees - he should be on the hook also.

At what point do we understand that you can't treat this behavior nicely?

How many lives will be lost trying to figure this out?
Did a Syrian refugee kill some people there?

Old 11-30-2016, 08:55 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
You are correct - it is removed.

Feign outrage - I notice you didn't touch the other two questions...

The response was ridiculous in light of the entirety of the immigration situation.
The truth might seem ridiculous when you are in the haze of one of your rants, but sorry it's still the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies