Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 09:19 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Why is it so easy for me to imagine you, in a totally different conversation, accusing us liberals of being un-American, having no patriotic spirit, disrespecting our troops, and not caring that veterans are treated like crap?

Oh, BTW, lots of military spouses are *husbands.*

Even MORE reason not to have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 09:22 AM

1,850 posts, read 819,738 times
LOL at all the liberals who desperately tried to turn this into a discussion on how everyone on food stamps are in the military and "you wouldn't take money away from them, right? (Please say no.)" Solution: keep the military on food stamps and remove all civilians from it for the reasons we all stated over the past 22 pages. Now what? LMAO

Old 12-01-2016, 09:23 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Regarding military,

I think if they learn how to budget their income, they should be okay.

When my brother was in the military, he always had spending money. Remember that saying? If the Marine Corps Wanted You to Have a Wife, They Would Have issued you one already.

This said, I wouldn't say having a spouse in the military is a wrong choice. I am not going to judge them. But overall, I think military pay is okay. (maybe combat troops should be paid a little bit more) A lot of veterans have different opinions about this, some say they get paid pretty well in the military.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:23 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
It's really quite incredible when you think of the other costs to the American tax payer for health care for these individuals.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:25 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
and who decides what financially stable is? Maybe they were and thats why they decided the military.

We had 2 children by 20 and my husband decided to join the Army. It didnt work out for him to stay and we are better for it. Civilian jobs were worse than the military option at the time.
It never fails to amaze me how many people don't understand how fragile financial stability can be. An accident, a catastrophic illness, the loss of a job, a divorce...any of those things can throw the family budget into utter chaos. But of course, misfortunes like these never happen to smart people, or responsible ones. They only happen to stupid, lazy people who "deserve" whatever misery life dishes out.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
It never fails to amaze me how many people don't understand how fragile financial stability can be. An accident, a catastrophic illness, the loss of a job, a divorce...any of those things can throw the family budget into utter chaos. But of course, misfortunes like these never happen to smart people, or responsible ones. They only happen to stupid, lazy people who "deserve" whatever misery life dishes out.
Sort of odd how the only people who suffer such catastrophes on a regular basis collectively as a group are liberals, the smartest among us.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Sort of odd how the only people who suffer such catastrophes on a regular basis collectively as a group are liberals, the smartest among us.
There, but for the grace of God.....

I live in a RED state, in the REDDEST part of a RED state. I can assure you that the majority of people in my area who are on food stamps or other forms of assistance, aren't liberals.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:28 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
Quote:
Those things happen to ANYONE at ANY TIME. Chaos doesnt discriminate based on income.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:29 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Those things happen to ANYONE at ANY TIME. Chaos doesnt discriminate based on income.
That was kind of my point. I guess I forgot to turn on my sarcasm alert.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There, but for the grace of God.....

I live in a RED state, in the REDDEST part of a RED state. I can assure you that the majority of people in my area who are on food stamps or other forms of assistance, aren't liberals.
Yeah, I know. This is where a liberal goes "all these Republicans on food stamps and welfare for some reason keep voting against their self interest, so it's up to me to force it on them because I am wise and know what they really want." Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies