Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 09:00 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,071 times

Advertisements

As someone who has actually been scammed out of money that has taken me a longer time to earn than it would for someone with an actual job, I find it amusing that people are worried about where their tax dollars are going which is going to be taken out anyway and always is the same amount.

The funniest part of it all: I bet a lot of you would be the same ones to tell me to get over what I lost
I know because I've seen this hypocrisy before. It's pretty obvious by the comments that are being posted the reaction would be "well you're living on food stamps/section 8 so you didn't deserve it anyway."

No sympathy left for employed people as they're not even grateful to be somebody. They're so worried about other people's business when they should just be thankful they have a job in the first place.

I would love to minimize welfare myself because maybe then there'd be a job created for me with that money but it's here and there's nothing we can do about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 09:07 PM

1,850 posts, read 819,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
The funniest part of it all: I bet a lot of you would be the same ones to tell me to get over what I lost
I know because I've seen this hypocrisy before. It's pretty obvious by the comments that are being posted the reaction would be "well you're living on food stamps/section 8 so you didn't deserve it anyway."
You didn't. Nobody cares if you saved up money that you got on welfare. That doesn't make it your money, it's still money you got from the rest of us. You're acting like you actually earned it and then got it ripped off.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
You didn't. Nobody cares if you saved up money that you got on welfare. That doesn't make it your money, it's still money you got from the rest of us. You're acting like you actually earned it and then got it ripped off.
I am talking about the money I earned not section 8's money. Wow are you really this stupid? Section 8 is not cash. It is a lowering on your bill. You are thinking of temporary cash assistance which I do not have.

Some neurotypicals...I swear.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I am talking about the money I earned not section 8's money. Wow are you really this stupid? Section 8 is not cash. It is a lowering on your bill. You are thinking of temporary cash assistance which I do not have.

Some neurotypicals...I swear.
Don't blame me, you wrote that it took you longer to earn the money than someone "with an actual job." So you tell me how you earned it without an actual job.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Want to add a point, regarding military, if they manage the income fairly well, they shouldn't have problems.

I am not going to judge them if they choose to have a spouse or a baby while in service, but it looks like a lot of active duty military service members think they get paid pretty well.

When my brother got out of the service, he was an E5; he always had spending money because he was single in the Marine Corps.

I think we should be careful using tax payers money.
A lot of people go into the military due to their family being in a financial hole.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Don't blame me, you wrote that it took you longer to earn the money than someone "with an actual job." So you tell me how you earned it without an actual job.

They call them "beer money" sites. I also did a paid to post program which I did like because I love to write but they don't just let anyone in and they rate you on your quality. That is also not money you could live on.
I have done all those sites at once. My computer didn't like it but I'd have sometimes as much as 10 or 20 tabs going. I also ended up having a computer get a virus and crash because of a program I downloaded for money (I did not know about Sandbox then) Many times I would skip eating and hold my bladder/bowels just to plug away at them or if I did eat I would eat while I'm doing them so I work harder than most employed people for less money. I also am constantly thinking of ways in between to market myself. I have thought about it often in bed. My brain never stops working so even when it looks like I'm doing nothing I'm not.

Even when I was doing all the ones I could I still made less than 600 dollars a year with all of them combined. Sometimes I would even do surveys that would have me go through for a half hour to an hour and they would not pay me at all because I didn't qualify. The most "fun" site I did were the tasks. You had to basically be a mind reader. It dealt with things like audio transcription and categorization and many of them were filled with errors so we had to submit screenshots and didn't get paid for those.

Last edited by Nickchick; 12-01-2016 at 09:37 PM..

Old 12-01-2016, 09:35 PM

Oh, so you're actually complaining that you were ripped off by a shady company you were working for, like when people answer ads for "work at home" or think they're getting rich by cashing a check from Nigeria. Then, yeah, you deserved it.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Oh, so you're actually complaining that you were ripped off by a shady company you were working for, like when people answer ads for "work at home" or think they're getting rich by cashing a check from Nigeria. Then, yeah, you deserved it.

No it was scammed away from me from an investment company. I was skeptical but they guilt ed me into it because everyone is always telling me I should trust people more or be more positive. I also didn't think I could ever find a job. I still don't think that actually. They said things like "what are you going to do with the rest of your life" and made me think of how I lived with my mom so it was a VERY hard sell. It was basically buying and selling domains so it kinda sounded good because I had to come up with the idea of the website but they would help me sell it.

I know I often felt like I deserved it but the problem is when I tried to cancel out of it they wouldn't let me say no. I think they knew somehow I had been taken advantage of before because I've been violated by people and been hurt by my own family so they knew how to get me.

But yada yada I'm sure you didn't hear any of that because you're a bully who wants to try and criticize me more. Is that correct? Just so you know I've criticized myself for years so I've insulted myself so much that other people can't insult me. I like to call it insult burn out.

Last edited by Nickchick; 12-01-2016 at 09:55 PM..

Old 12-01-2016, 09:49 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Oh my god! People might drink more than H2O? THE NERVE!!!!!
Now soft drinks are a human right.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:53 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
Quote:
It's always strange when people say this because we purposefully live our lives so as to not be in that circumstance. And, probably, the recommendation would be that those people do the same. And before anyone claims I'm being insensitive, remember the keys to not being poor in America. They're all voluntary and controllable, but unfortunately they all involve self-control.
Liberals think we could all wind up under the bridge at any time and that choices have nothing to do with it. Surely not applying oneself academically, getting addicted or making babies with losers has any relevance to destitution.

Isn't it interesting that the people begging for money so often seem to be located near the areas where drugs and booze are sold?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies