Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 11:37 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am a woman so not warring anything. Kinda dumb right. Just I think it's scares her. Lots if enemies - one thing is to be rich and famous and do as you please. Being the potus is not freedom. I think she is afraid for her son. It's a different kind of dangerous. I also think she has nothing to do with trumps empire. Prob has the norm prenup. I hope she can hang in there. Life is going to get tough. She will be expected to do more than smile.
This is a few of the best posts I've seen you make. They are very intuitive and I think they are spot on.

I too think she only cares about her son.....and could give a rip about all the fanfare.

How refreshing it is to see a real human being, a first and foremost mother -- and not a machine who desires lots of attention and has to see and be seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 11:40 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
For all those thinking that she is so classy and great, and bla bla bla- What if she and her hubby were hardcore Democrats? She'd be ripped to shreds instead of being fap material for the RWNJ

Old 11-30-2016, 11:41 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I think you all underestimate Melania. And again, why are we attacking the first family? I thought first family was off limits.

I don't care for the Obamas, but I think Michelle did a pretty good job - didn't like WHAT she was trying to push, but she was out there, doing what she thought was right...

Stop calling Melania a trophy wife - it insinuates that she has no mind of her own, and no intelligence whatsoever. You don't even know her...why don't you wait and see what she does.

Only when R's are in the White House, otherwise they are fair game.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times
She's the typical air head trophy wife.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
For all those thinking that she is so classy and great, and bla bla bla- What if she and her hubby were hardcore Democrats? She'd be ripped to shreds instead of being fap material for the RWNJ
Maybe not. I never had a problem with Michelle Obama, never posted a single derogatory word about her anywhere and think she was an equally great mother best I could tell.

But on an intuitive level I am very impressed with Melania. Watch her around her young son and how she touches him and stands over and by him.There's no nanny or surrogate mother that's taken over raising that kid.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:01 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
She and Donald do not have a "partnership" marriage like the Obamas, Clintons, Roosevelts, etc. There is a clear heirarchy with Donald at the top and only his children having any semblance of power in their family. She'll be in the background while perhaps championing a pet cause or two on the side, and that is okay because she never really signed up to be the wife of a prominent politician in the first place.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:03 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Melania clearly isn't up on all of this hype. She doesn't want all this attention. I won't criticize her as she didn't sign up for all of this.
Donald clearly keeps her on a short leash. She isn't going to be an active first lady like Michelle Obama. She knows her place and won't do anything to embarrass Donald.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:03 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
This is a few of the best posts I've seen you make. They are very intuitive and I think they are spot on.

I too think she only cares about her son.....and could give a rip about all the fanfare.

How refreshing it is to see a real human being, a first and foremost mother -- and not a machine who desires lots of attention and has to see and be seen.
Her child is 10 YEARS old, not 10 MONTHS old. He doesn't need a 24/7 mother around. She needs to give him a little space. A lot of moms get jobs long before the kids turn 10.

I'd like to see Melania be a real first lady, not an absentee first lady.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:09 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Maybe not. I never had a problem with Michelle Obama, never posted a single derogatory word about her anywhere and think she was an equally great mother best I could tell.

But on an intuitive level I am very impressed with Melania. Watch her around her young son and how she touches him and stands over and by him.There's no nanny or surrogate mother that's taken over raising that kid.
Not yet- Melania will have to travel with her husband and appear at different functions- I think she will do as in the campaign, stay OUT of it as much as she can- but Michelle did a great thing getting Gma in the WH for her girls- lots of men run those halls- I think she too should get help if doesn't have someone already. kids need EXTRA watching anyhow its not a private pace

Old 12-01-2016, 07:12 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,232,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Her child is 10 YEARS old, not 10 MONTHS old. He doesn't need a 24/7 mother around. She needs to give him a little space. A lot of moms get jobs long before the kids turn 10.

I'd like to see Melania be a real first lady, not an absentee first lady.
I don't know. I can't really see her going around speaking to classrooms full of children like so many of our former, classy 1st ladies did. I don't think she wants to be confronted by savvy smart-mouth kids googling her and questioning her about her racy photos lol. It's too bad though because if her son truly does have autism, that would have been a fantastic cause for her to champion. Oh well, we'll just have to get used to 1st lady Ivanka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies