Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 11:26 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
While grocery shopping today, I saw that the store brand cereals were sold out but the Kellogg's products were untouched. Anecdotal, but I found it interesting.
I also noticed post and other brands lower in quantity and kelloggs stocked full
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 11:27 PM

501 posts, read 361,841 times
lol. you guys are utterly insane.

"Breitbart is so powerful that MY grocery shelves show an immediate response to their boycott of Kellogg cereals! Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Special K, Cocoa Krispies, Keebler, Pringles, Pop-Tarts, Kashi, Cheez-It, Eggo, Nutri-Grain.... it was all untouched by the patriotic, God-fearing, Muslim-hating masses that is Breitbart's America!"

Old 12-01-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Eligible purchases on SNAP ...

Soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream are food items and are therefore eligible items

steak, seafood, and bakery cakes are also food items and are therefore eligible items

other snap available items

Red Bull
Candy
Mixes for alcoholic beverages
Artificial sweetener

How does these purchases help low income people stay healthy?
Guaranteed these companies have been using lobbyists to allow these purchases.

If I were in charge, food stamps. WIC. SNAP. ETC... would only be able to be used for low sugar cereals,oatmeal, bread, pasta, milk, juice, fruits and vegetables, and average priced meat (no filet or lobster etc)

Old 12-01-2016, 11:34 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Guaranteed these companies have been using lobbyists to allow these purchases.

If I were in charge, food stamps. WIC. SNAP. ETC... would only be able to be used for low sugar cereals,oatmeal, bread, pasta, milk, juice, fruits and vegetables, and average priced meat (no filet or lobster etc)
You would never be in charge of SNAP and if somehow you were non of those ideas would fly.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You would never be in charge of SNAP and if somehow you were non of those ideas would fly.
Oh they would fly. Getting taxpayer money? You'll eat what we say you eat. You aren't blowing tax dollars on sugary garbage and steaks

Old 12-02-2016, 12:07 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Oh they would fly. Getting taxpayer money? You'll eat what we say you eat. You aren't blowing tax dollars on sugary garbage and steaks
I don't think you understand what I mean. The head of SNAP doesn't have the authority to remove unhealthy food from eligible items to purchase alone. You would be put into your place by special interest just like everyone else... Change is slow for a reason...

Old 12-02-2016, 12:16 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Hmm......Kellogg's cereals don't align with good health either.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:28 AM

501 posts, read 361,841 times
ah, Food stamps. The program that keeps small minded right-wingers awake at night, since forever.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:07 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don't think you understand what I mean. The head of SNAP doesn't have the authority to remove unhealthy food from eligible items to purchase alone. You would be put into your place by special interest just like everyone else... Change is slow for a reason...

Tell that to Obama, he needed to know a long time ago,

Old 12-02-2016, 01:18 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
ah, Food stamps. The program that keeps small minded right-wingers awake at night, since forever.
Hillary Clinton. The candidate that will keep moronic left wingers awake at night till forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies