Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:35 PM

34,990 posts, read 16,956,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I just don't understand why Liberals are so quick to attack Christians about declaring war on women for wanting to prevent abortions, meanwhile they will make every excuse in the book to defend Muslim culture. In Saudi Arabia women aren't even allowed to drive a car. A married woman can get sent to prison if she is raped by another man. A husband can physically beat his wife with little to no risk of being charged. The list goes on and on.
Support for female positions on abortion and gay rights is traditional liberalism. Support of Islam is not, and is alarming.

I think some of it is self-hatred of the West, and some of it anti-Semitism. Certainly since the Vietnam war and probably a long time before, nothing the West did was good. The West had to be perfect. Coincidentally I actually started a similar thread this morning, Double Standard For Rapes - Are There Different Standard for Immigrant Rapes v. Other Rapes? I didn't give away the answer there, so spoiler alert; I think that Islam is the symbol of resistance to Zionism and Western culture. Another symbol is the Luddite pipeline dispute in North Dakota, see Police sprayed North Dakota Access Pipeline protesters with a 'water cannon' in freezing weather. Liberals seem to want to short-circuit energy development so as to create crises and scarcity that must then be managed. It all syncs together and stinks together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 07:45 PM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
That's true, but I was speaking in the context of the US, where Muslims are a tiny minority. Here in the USA, fundamentalist Christianity is a far bigger threat to enlightenment values than Islam. That could change of course, if the number of Muslims increases beyond the number of fundamentalist Christians.
Really? Christians in the US 200 years ago would be considered "fundamentalist" today. If it was fundamentalist Islam that we were founded on we would be like Saudi Arabia today. As an Atheist I'll take our Christian past over Islam any day of the week.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:48 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,211 times
Consciously or sub conciously, the key theme in modern liberalism is being anti-white. Pro Muslim is anti white

Old 12-05-2016, 09:05 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,439,943 times
Yeah because all Muslims think and act alike. Just like all Republicans are out of their minds like Ben Carson.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:09 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,439,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Wrong. There are TEXTUAL, STRUCTURAL problems with the Islamic religion which does NOT lend itself to re-interpretation and reform the way Christianity was watered-down.

Everyone is hoping for an Islamic reformation. That needs to happen, but it probably won't. The best bet for the Muslim world is Atheism at this point. Complete rejection, not "reformation."

And it still begs the question, why on EARTH, if you're a liberal, would you embrace a fascist ideology that is OPPOSED to everything you are otherwise for? The GOAL of Islam is a world-wide Ummah and Sharia law. We're not talking Quakers and Amish here. But a political-religious ideology that has for 1600+ years invaded the west over and over and over again. Sometimes they succeeded.
This is simply not true. Outside of the Persian Gulf region the hard-liners are a small minority.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:15 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
This is simply not true. Outside of the Persian Gulf region the hard-liners are a small minority.
More British Muslims are fighting for ISIS than for the British Army.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:22 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
I just don't understand why Liberals are so quick to attack Christians about declaring war on women for wanting to prevent abortions, meanwhile they will make every excuse in the book to defend Muslim culture. In Saudi Arabia women aren't even allowed to drive a car. A married woman can get sent to prison if she is raped by another man. A husband can physically beat his wife with little to no risk of being charged. The list goes on and on.
First of all we are talking about muslims in our country....many US citizens... not Saudi Arabia. So why do you care what happens in another country. Let's just focus on our own. How do you compare this with abortion though. You want to prevent abortion based on your religious beliefs....that a baby is aborted. But there is no scientific evidence that proves a fetus is a baby. Science is a fact, beliefs are not. I understand you are against abortion and that's fine because this is your belief. But please don't think your beliefs are more important than facts.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times
Quote:
I just don't understand why Liberals are so quick to attack Christians about declaring war on women for wanting to prevent abortions,
Liberals are not attacking Christians they are attacking republicans. Republicans oppose a woman's right to get an abortion, republicans oppose equal pay laws for women, and republicans oppose women serving on the front lines of combat, ex.ex.

Quote:
meanwhile they will make every excuse in the book to defend Muslim culture.
Liberals do not defend Muslim culture instead liberals defend Islam. Today's republicans are attacking the religion of Islam when scholars/experts say Islam is a religion of peace and the Bible is far more violent than the Quran.

Koran a Book of Peace, Not War, Scholars Say
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran? : NPR

Quote:
In Saudi Arabia women aren't even allowed to drive a car. A married woman can get sent to prison if she is raped by another man. A husband can physically beat his wife with little to no risk of being charged. The list goes on and on.
That's deflection away from republicans opposing the rights of women in America. When did republicans ever want to help other countries poor or abused citizens?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:26 PM

3,646 posts, read 3,781,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
From all my observations, American citizens of the Muslim religion treat women and gays pretty much like the rest of Americans do, with the normal exception to the rule. No more, no less than Anglo Christians in the rest of America.
Really? Anglo-Christian here: So, I can't go to a public park and swim with the guys in my neighborhood. Go to parks in Dearborn, MI in the summer and observe. And my gay uncle can't go into, oh say "Chick-Filet" and be served cheerfully? Again, be gay and go into markets that sell halal meats and feel the love.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:32 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,727 times
Leftists think that the Canadian Muslims are the "nicest" among Western nations.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ure-study.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies