Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 06:22 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times

Advertisements

The bailout mentality needs to go.

Where's my bailout?

No everyone can't get in line for a free meal. That's not how life works. People need to produce. They need to be put in a position to where they can produce.

For those that can't produce (the children and the elderly), they need to be taken care of by a civilized society IMO.

We should have very few people that can produce sitting around for very long. Anything less than that is a failure. We have far too many people that can be productive in society existing as leeches off those that are. People aren't working are more prone to get into drugs, alcohol dependency, etc.

People need to be getting to work. It's good for everyone and the issue is dynamic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 06:35 AM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Obama's auto bailout saved something like 250,000 jobs at General Motors and Chrysler, and 1 million to 2 million total jobs throughout the entire automotive supply chain. Just sayin'.

That was when Obama was new in office. I guess Trump can work his way up to those kinds of numbers.

Also, I lived until recently in the big state of Texas. Texas, and I'm sure other states, regularly give tax incentives to keep, and lure, businesses in the state.

Indiana's problem seems to be its governor, VP-elect Pence, who apparently didn't work to offer any incentives, or maybe didn't care enough. Or was unsuccessful without having the cache of being on the brink of being in the White House.

Carrier is still moving a lot more jobs to Mexico than are staying here. I was wondering about the money its parent company, UT, must have already spent setting up house in Monterrey Mexico. But that's why there's no problem; they're still going ahead with the move. It's just that it will be smaller.

But here's a question left unanswered. Carrier was always going to do the move in stages from 2017 thru 2019. I wonder if it's taking a big tax cut now for something it wasn't going to do within 3 years, anyway? And will still do it in 3 years, when Trump is a lame duck? Just wondering.
Should have let them fail. They would have went bankrupt. Someone smarter and better would have stepped in to take over market share. It's called capitalism and taking the responsibility for stupidity.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:46 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Obama's auto bailout saved something like 250,000 jobs at General Motors and Chrysler, and 1 million to 2 million total jobs throughout the entire automotive supply chain. Just sayin'.

That was when Obama was new in office. I guess Trump can work his way up to those kinds of numbers.

Also, I lived until recently in the big state of Texas. Texas, and I'm sure other states, regularly give tax incentives to keep, and lure, businesses in the state.

Indiana's problem seems to be its governor, VP-elect Pence, who apparently didn't work to offer any incentives, or maybe didn't care enough. Or was unsuccessful without having the cache of being on the brink of being in the White House.

Carrier is still moving a lot more jobs to Mexico than are staying here. I was wondering about the money its parent company, UT, must have already spent setting up house in Monterrey Mexico. But that's why there's no problem; they're still going ahead with the move. It's just that it will be smaller.

But here's a question left unanswered. Carrier was always going to do the move in stages from 2017 thru 2019. I wonder if it's taking a big tax cut now for something it wasn't going to do within 3 years, anyway? And will still do it in 3 years, when Trump is a lame duck? Just wondering.

1. Good for him.

2. Trump hasn't taken office yet.

3. If Carrier wants to pay a 35% tariff on its Mexican-made products while its parent company UT looks for new buyers for the product and services they used to provide to the federal government...well, OK...whatever.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:51 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:

1. bailing out FAILED companies is a waste of taxpayer money

2. the bailout failed....gm still hasn't paid back their loan(the paid back the bailout loan by getting another loan

3. Chrysler was SOLD OFF, its owned by the Italians

4. Chevy said thank you by opening a assembly plant in mexico

5. it wasn't Obama...In September 2008, the Big Three asked for $50 billion to pay for health care expenses and avoid bankruptcy and ensuing layoffs, and Congress worked out a $25 billion loan. By December, President Bush had agreed to an emergency bailout of $17.4 billion on top of the 25 billion

the failed bailout of FAILED companies...was bush...not obama....obusha's own failure was the cash-for-clunkers

Last edited by workingclasshero; 12-02-2016 at 07:02 AM..

Old 12-02-2016, 07:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:

Obviously you and other "lefty cheer leaders" weren't one of the ones that got totally shafted when Obama decided to wave his pen and (illegally) change bankruptcy laws, then decided with another wave of his pen to buy UAW election support by giving them HALF of a company (that they had no right to) while at the same time losing the U.S. taxpayer MILLIONS of dollars.

Good job Obama...

Old 12-02-2016, 07:08 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Same way you right wingnuts said Obama would never get elected..........twice!
2012 was possible only with weaponized federal agencies supressing the conservative vote, the media, the team of candy crawly and obama vs Mitt debate, AQ is on the run and isis is the jv team, the world is a more tranquil place possible only by lying about the video causing benghazi, reid lying about Mitt's taxes. The media was instrumental in electing obama 2012. The media ensured that the novelty election winnner of 2008 had a 2nd term. Wouldn't look good in the history books if he had only one term.

2016 was a clear rejection of 8 years of obama's failed policies so being 'elected' twice and leaving the world on fire and the country in economic life support, sort of mitigates the chest thumping claim of being elected twice.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:50 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
We can't compete with slave labor. It's really basic math.

In China, Apple has factories where the employees are paid pennies on the dollar, no strict safety rules, they are required to live in dorms on the premises, and if something urgent comes up, they can wake up thousands of "employees" to go to work in the middle of the night with no notice. No, a democracy can't compete with slave labor.

We care about worker conditions, freedom, respect, the environment, safety. These things are valuable. We do not want to become another China in certain respects...where smog covers the cities and workers die from unsafe conditions and lead in their vegetables they grow.

Exactly. All the leftists will say about that is "if you can't compete, then find another business" or " get educated and make yourself irreplaceable" or "it isn't a companies responsibility to provide a job" or "companies are there to make a profit, so why is it wrong to do things to make a profit ?" or any number of things basically blaming the American worker and labeling nationalism as protectionism. Never understanding that a country that is not industrious can never sustain itself and be a superpower.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:53 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
..only for Obama to regulate out of business these last 2 months they say he is on a record pace with idiot rules from dummies ...repeal,replace his legacy bye-bye...

Old 12-02-2016, 07:55 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Praising or blaming BHO is absurd, since he can't do anything but execute the laws enacted by CONgress...
He's not a king nor dictator. He's a distraction for the real problem - CONgress.
And if BHO refuses to enforce existing laws, it is still the fault of CONgress for not censuring him for his breach.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:02 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Praising or blaming BHO is absurd, since he can't do anything but execute the laws enacted by CONgress...
He's not a king nor dictator. He's a distraction for the real problem - CONgress.
And if BHO refuses to enforce existing laws, it is still the fault of CONgress for not censuring him for his breach.
Did you forget pen and phone already?
Executive orders because he couldn't compromise or plead his case on Capitol Hill like a Bill Clinton did?
You forget the terms he used with Repub's early on when Obama had all the Congress and his s#!tkicker boots on...they can no longer drive the car...back in the bus which is an insult to Rosa Parks...Obama was the problem soon to go don't let the WH door hit you on the azz on the way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies