Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 08:16 PM

217 posts, read 207,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Uh oh, I'd better call the police.
Why would you call the police in this situation? The girl who killed herself never called the police over the comments she read. Her family called the police because she threatened to kill herself. Great effort at trying to be funny though.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:17 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,607,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obviously, the parents didn't teach her how to deal with bullies.... I bet they were teaching being passive, without a faith to follow.

2 weeks into high school my daughter laid out an an 11th grader upperclassman chick, that said she was going to kick my daughter ass , just because she was friends with a girl she had an issue with. Sure she got in trouble with the school and now it becomes some city government issue too, but....
Never got messed with again. Most popular girl in school. Most decorated HS athlete. Homecoming & Prom Queen. Class president.

You kick the crap out of those wishing to oppress, intimidate and try to control you. You will always be picked on, until you get you some respect, by handing them their ass.
This is the reality. I remember a time wrester kid was bullying one of my buddies lapping the block trying to intimidate him.

The next time he drove around, we jumped the guy

Got out of there before the police came.

He didn't come back around. No regrets.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:29 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,328,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
Why would you call the police in this situation? The girl who killed herself never called the police over the comments she read. Her family called the police because she threatened to kill herself. Great effort at trying to be funny though.
He's a troll, best to ignore him.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:30 PM

21,401 posts, read 10,472,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The only way to prevent your child from being bullied online is to keep them offline. Nothing else will work period.

Her parents should have terminated their home internet connection and gotten her a talk only phone.

It's not her parents fault or her fault, the bullies are to blame; however, stopping them is like trying to stop the tide. And if your beach house is flooding every time the tide comes in, you need to get rid of that beach house. It sucks, but reality is reality.
I would have found another school for her, in addition to cutting off the Internet. And changed her number for her phone so they couldn't make fake accounts for her. Something can be done. My husband and I would probably have a private meeting with the parents and scare the daylights out of them about litigation, pressing charges or something. Even if I couldn't actually do that with no proof, they wouldn't know that. Of course, hindsight is 20/20.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,501,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Very obviously, she was the sick one.
So you're blaming the victim. Do you do this with rape victims, too? People who have been beaten up?

Old 12-01-2016, 08:32 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,328,643 times
I'm very sorry for the family and their loss. Kids don't have enough experience to really put things in perspective and extreme things can happen when they feel like their back is against the wall. I can't judge someone in that situation as I've never been there myself but the thing to do is pity them and attempt to rein in the crap that caused this.

We have a very crappy mental health system in our country and this poor soul ended up falling through the cracks of a system that should of been there to help her. Unfortunately the Internet makes anon threats and harassment much easier.

All the would of should of could of's won't bring her back. Rest in peace and may you be forgiven as hopefully we all will be when it is our time.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:35 PM

21,401 posts, read 10,472,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
This is the reality. I remember a time wrester kid was bullying one of my buddies lapping the block trying to intimidate him.

The next time he drove around, we jumped the guy

Got out of there before the police came.

He didn't come back around. No regrets.
Physical bullying is easy to deal with. Just fight back. Cyber bullying is different. And if a person is isolated and the entire school is shunning her, then it does serious damage to self esteem. The best solution in that situation is just to get the kid away from that environment. It won't get better.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,501,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with Mircea

I lost a boyfriend to suicide, and he suffered from undiagnosed untreated mental illness. This doesn't mean he wasn't a strong and successful man (He was super strong and super successful)

Sick means mental illness. It is not like this girl was a bad person.

It is a tragedy, although bullies are cowards and deserve to be kicked in the butt, you cannot blame them for her suicide.

She's sick means she suffered from some kind of mental illness, nobody is calling her a bad person.
You're comparing apples with oranges. You most certainly CAN and SHOULD blame bullies for her death.

Teens are extremely vulnerable. If people are making you feel worthless, and the pain of feeling like you're the oddball that doesn't fit in becomes unbearable, many teens will try to find some relief from their pain either through drugs or taking their lives.

I'll ask you, too. Do you blame rape victims or those who have been beaten up?

Old 12-01-2016, 08:46 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,414,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Physical bullying is easy to deal with. Just fight back. Cyber bullying is different. And if a person is isolated and the entire school is shunning her, then it does serious damage to self esteem. The best solution in that situation is just to get the kid away from that environment. It won't get better.

Cyber bullying happens every minute in these here political forums!(Tell me I'm lying) We must have been taught something she wasn't....

Old 12-01-2016, 08:48 PM

1,850 posts, read 814,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
No, they called the police for the harassment. But thanks for the compliment, that makes it all worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies