Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 06:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
He's gone above and beyond what he's required to do to help President-elect Trump come into office ready for all the duties he'll have on his plate. Obama is helping the man who spent years lying and telling America that Obama:
-was lying about his citizenship,
-was lying his Muslim beliefs,
-was not smart enough to get into Columbia or Harvard w/o affirmative action
-wasn't smart enough to actually do well at either school
-was a terrorist sympathizer & collaborator

Even if President Obama hasn't forgiven Trump for the vile things he said, he's putting the country first by making sure that the man who replaces has the best chance to succeed. That's better than most of us would treat someone who treated us as poorly as Trump treated President Obama. His behavior over the last 3 weeks has done more to cement his legacy as one of our greatest Americans and a shining example of what it means to be a good man, good husband, and good father. Respect.
was a terrorist sympathizer & collaborator

That is where you go off the rails. Obama has been a destructive force who failed the prime directive of office by putting American lives at unnecessary risk. He is without a doubt the worst president ever elected with a legacy of being a place holder until a leader was elected to steer the foundering ship away from the rocks of destruction he was headed into. If you think 3 weeks of being nice is worth the 8 years of ignorance with flowery words and being a good husband and father to his kids while killing the children of Americans by the illegals he protects is respectable, think again. We just had an election to correct the mistake that has been Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 06:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is that what Obama ran on? A record stock market? Thousands working wages that require them to apply for food stamps while Wall Street thrives?

If so, you should be tickled pink over Trumps picks.
Millions of workers have 401k accounts, so they are happy.

I see you ignored the unemployment rate.

In any case, isn't that what cons want? Riches for Wall Street? Fat Cat corporations raking in billions while paying their workers wages low enough to qualify them for food stamps?

Yes, I believe that's what cons want. So why are you complaining??

Old 12-03-2016, 06:33 AM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
Insightful post. I agree with much. But I think you left out that Pres.O dealt with the most obstructionist congress in my recollection. My political awareness goes back through Reagan (who I voted for).

He's the first to admit that Libya was a mistake. Being able to publically admit a mistake is an admirable quality.

HRC using her husband's charitable foundations email server is a colossal "meh-burger"

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...andal-bull****

He projects intelligence, has a great family and was able to convey humor while being vilified.

I give him a solid A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
If I hadn't read the thread title already and had to guess it from most of the posts, it would be "Do you believe that Obama is the best thing since sliced bread and can walk on water or do you believe that Obama is the worst person in the world and a total failure?" LOL.!! I doubt anything I post here will change the minds of the surprising number of people on those extremes. Anyways, just thought the thread could use some chill and humor. Somewhere between the extremes is usually the accurate assessment.

I will mostly agree with the OP about Obama's class and decency. When you consider the unfounded accusations that he was a Muslim and a few times that he was a terrorist and that he was born in Kenya, I think we should be mostly impressed. Ask yourselves this: if Trump had been accused of not being a Christian and being born in Germany instead of the USA, he would be going stark raving mad and blowing up Twitter. Seriously. Had to tweet against an ex Ms. Universe at 3 AM. Believe some are living in an alternate reality with complimentary Kool Aid served if they believe Obama is anywhere near as thin skinned. Obama has dealt with the birther/Muslim myths about himself with amazing decency.

The good: Economy way better than 2008. Could not have said it better than a recent previous poster did. Osama bin Laden dead. Auto industry doing much better. Did promote a better more accepting social climate and rights including marriage for GLBT people. Ended "don't ask, don't tell" in the military and replaced with full rights. Better on immigration than given credit for...has deported more illegals than Bush. Classy on transition to Trump Presidency with his assistance.

The bad: Our invasion in Libya and the Benghazi incident. Disaster and clearly a decision that backfired badly. Think Clinton's email scandal hurt his image a bit. Maybe not a good idea to make her Sec. Of State in hindsight. After going to Britain to speak against Brexit, the majority of Brit's voted for it instead. Still have a divided nation. (Trump was part of not resolving that too with insults against too many groups to count and encouraging "lock her up" chants at his rallies).

Mixed: The health care issue. Has a program in place but it needs some reforms/improvements. The police/race issue. Probably a mis-step or two but think he meant well. No win issue to some degree. You speak against a shooting, you are anti police. You don't speak against it, you are anti-black people.

I will grade him a solid B. Believe future historians will grade him B-/C+. Was definitely not our best President ever, but we have had several worse Presidents.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:33 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
was a terrorist sympathizer & collaborator

That is where you go off the rails.
No, not really. That's right on target.

Tramp quote "Obama and Hillary are the father and mother of ISIS".

If I were Obama, that quote alone would make me hate the guy above everything else Tramp has said about Obama. That is so low it's not even measurable.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Millions of workers have 401k accounts, so they are happy.
Is that what it's all about? Obama ran as the 401k president? Is that how you will judge Trump? As long as 401ks do well he is a success?

Quote:
I see you ignored the unemployment rate.
Read again, I did not.

Quote:
In any case, isn't that what cons want?
Why in the hell do you think that I care what some vague group wants?

Quote:
Riches for Wall Street? Fat Cat corporations raking in billions while paying their workers wages low enough to qualify them for food stamps?
Is that what you expected out of Obama as that is what we got. And if you didn't complain or condemn Obama how can you condemn Trump if he does more of the same?

Quote:
Yes, I believe that's what cons want. So why are you complaining??
Because you are ignorant of the ideas of principles? Wall Street is stomping all over the lower and middle classes because of people like you.

(I did not vote for Trump. I voted Sanders and then Stein)

Old 12-03-2016, 10:52 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think every president has been exceptional as to how they address our country and leaders of other countries. Obama did an outstanding job as did many presidents before him. They all had finesse and respected others. And now we have Trump, the bully and buttercup who respects no one and gets his feelings hurt
What has BO done that is exceptional with regards to being of assistance in helping with the transition? I used poor wording with the question.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
That last sentence is a gem. LOL. It also happens to be true. I really doubt Trump will even want a second term. Four years of scrutiny and accountability will be enough IMO.
I was wondering if he'd be up for a second due to his age. While he is a very young 70, the office ages people.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:59 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is that what Obama ran on? A record stock market? Thousands working wages that require them to apply for food stamps while Wall Street thrives?

If so, you should be tickled pink over Trumps picks.
Obama didn`t run this time and I don`t think he can be blamed for the low wages.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You have just described Trump. On his so called victory tour, he mentioned Hillary and his supporters chanted lock her up. He did nothing but smile. His rhetoric against women and minorities was just unbelievable and unacceptable. He is an instigator of hate which is going to destroy us. Obama was uplifting and in support of everyone. So yes, Obama was decent and classy.
"You didn't build it" was not classy.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:06 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Not classy, is chastising the Supreme Court for the Citizens United decision, in his first State of the Union address. Especially, since he too greatly benefited from so-called dark money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies