Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 02:25 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
An adult male who gets into fist fights have issues. It better be a very good reason.
Good to see your sexism come out in the open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 03:05 AM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times
Up until 5th grade I got into fights on a 3-4 times a week basis. I went to public school in Maui. I am white white. Anyone who lived there back then knows what I mean. Moved to the states....and A LOT as a teen. dozens easily. in my 20's probably 12 total? 30's maybe 3. I am 46 now. Not a single fight in 6 years, although I got close once or twice.

Testosterone and adrenaline are incredible drugs. And I absolutely adore them.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:46 AM

18,150 posts, read 15,566,042 times
Quote:
An adult male who gets into fist fights have issues. It better be a very good reason.

The reason is the caveat. I'll agree that just cruising for fights is a bit ...off. Unless the people in question like pain and punishment. In that case I suggest taking it off the streets and into the ring. Plenty of opportunities out there. My last physical confrontation I was very much an adult. And yes, I had a damn good reason. It wasn't a "fight" exactly. But physical contact was made. Such contact was what initiated it. I just reacted.

However I've seen just as many women as men go to blows over silly stuff. One very memorable such altercation ended up with me attending a good friends funeral. She was knocked down by the other woman and hit her head on the curb, killing her instantly. Beyond sad and senseless. So, you won't get any disagreement from me about the uselessness of physical conflict over trivial reasons. Taking action that has the goal of inflicting harm and hurt on another human being should certainly have a VERY good reason behind it.

Actions have consequences. And I do believe that nobody ever "wins" a fight.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:11 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Taking action that has the goal of inflicting harm and hurt on another human being should certainly have a VERY good reason behind it.
I Think that often times one of the "participants" is reacting to an attack by the aggressor.

Quote:
Actions have consequences. And I do believe that nobody ever "wins" a fight.
As adults in our litigious society, I agree.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:18 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,417,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good to see your sexism come out in the open.
What are you talking about. Maybe instead of trying to be a smartass you could just ask me.

Sorry...let me rephrase it again to the sensitive crowd on this forum, such as yourself.
Any adult,male or female who gets into fist fights over stupid **** needs to grow the hell up.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:19 PM

18,150 posts, read 15,566,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I Think that often times one of the "participants" is reacting to an attack by the aggressor.

As adults in our litigious society, I agree.

Yes, just like the situation I described that precipitated my last physical conflict. I was reacting to an extremely intrusive physical act by another. Cases of self defense where physical action must be taken, there's no blame can be lain on the defender. And this is often the case.

And combining litigiousness with a highly aggressive society is not a very good mix.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,385,925 times
The last altercation Is as in was about 9 years ago when some punk my daughter was associating with gave her a bloody nose. He had the bad judgement to come banging on my front door and try to repair things or whatever. Lucky for him a neighbor had called the police because of the drama outside. I almost got my hands on his neck as he bailed over the porch railing and was half way over it when a cop and the neighbor grabbed me.
I turned out he didn't mean to give her a bloody nose. When I saw the blood as she came up the hallway I didn't give a damn, it was time to kill.

Back in the mid 90s I was working grave at an AMPM to make extra money. A drunk came up to me when I was sweeping the parking lot and started swinging at me. I dodged about 5 or 6 roundhouses and started hitting him with the broom. He ran off a minute later the cops came and went after him. Turns out he was well known to them and went to jail.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:49 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,009,575 times
I finally got a chance to catch up on this thread. Thank you all for sharing your stories, some were very intriguing. That should conclude my informal "study".

Old 03-05-2017, 10:16 AM

9,353 posts, read 6,916,444 times
I've been in a few scraps back in my day but nobody I mean nobody can hang with Lenny. He kicks ass and eats cheerios for breakfast.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:19 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
What are you talking about.
It's obvious. Odd that you asked that question then answered my question. All part of not know which way is up.

Quote:
Maybe instead of trying to be a smartass you could just ask me.
You made it about one sex, men. Not my fault you are sexist.

Quote:
Sorry...let me rephrase it again to the sensitive crowd on this forum, such as yourself.
Any adult,male or female who gets into fist fights over stupid **** needs to grow the hell up.
Nothing about being sensitive. It's about the individual. That's the point which you continue to miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies